If you write music, play an instrument, or are in a band...

If you write music, play an instrument, or are in a band, then you are required to post a sample of it here; we will judge/criticize/compliment you for your work

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iFVj4s3HMxk
varietyhour.bandcamp.com/track/cegeste-snot-hi
mega.nz/#F!C0USwJJJ!zhB09pxW8XKxseekWsRnnQ
soundcloud.com/yourboyhennyd/sets/to-be-titled
clyp.it/0v1vvsez
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7O0rBGSqjI
soundcloud.com/stephanjd/modulus
soundcloud.com/rustyandsomeotherwordsbecauserustywastaken/pit
soundcloud.com/mushm0uth_murray/raw-footage
clyp.it/5zwlyv3v
youtube.com/watch?v=pvm2FFNbXbE
youtube.com/watch?v=mEQ-JqRUkGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b0_BeCdEuDI
youtube.com/watch?v=JdUGJ-UaUFw
youtube.com/watch?v=e1shG9sVwIY
youtube.com/watch?v=xvpfXcRL4z0
clyp.it/wzj23r5w
youtube.com/watch?v=nMMWlUhycSM
soundcloud.com/user-226729323/song9000
soundcloud.com/jason-mccray-1/tomorrow-as-of-01-10-16
clyp.it/profile
dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/nobody-2
soundcloud.com/brynmorgan
clyp.it/xryhnrcr
clyp.it/yakojqc5
soundcloud.com/berrybluegum
youtube.com/watch?v=EXfSCM1POKQ
soundcloud.com/mft-beats/arbeitstitel
soundcloud.com/the_cartridge_family/nascent
clyp.it/motx5i0a
soundcloud.com/user-235327681/villanova
vocaroo.com/i/s1kKEJ9GgEdP
vocaroo.com/i/s0MdjtIql2ju
vocaroo.com/i/s0LcWLmIb5Yu
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDjqDu6TOU0
youtube.com/watch?v=2UV1XgQeh0o
dropbox.com/s/vh2ychbkdmdcmvw/2.wav?dl=0
soundcloud.com/dotjpgmusic/sets/characterized-as-rasterized
clyp.it/zdzp35vv
soundcloud.com/afghamistam/simple-song
soundcloud.com/user-814821698/dead-centipede
youtu.be/BfUaRScXWH0
youtube.com/watch?v=NK2FqPNIT_U
soundcloud.com/spenc_r/8a-1
soundcloud.com/siriustexra/shooshoo
youtube.com/watch?v=V29mjc5jO8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tYGkgs3EgH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/iFVj4s3HMxk

varietyhour.bandcamp.com/track/cegeste-snot-hi

mega.nz/#F!C0USwJJJ!zhB09pxW8XKxseekWsRnnQ

soundcloud.com/yourboyhennyd/sets/to-be-titled
Just dropped a 15 track mixtape that I made for fun with some friends as a summer project

here's an incomplete song. Let me know if it's shit.

clyp.it/0v1vvsez

do people unironically actually like Aaron's music?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7O0rBGSqjI
We hope you enjoy it!

soundcloud.com/stephanjd/modulus

Feel free to shit on the rest of my stuff as well

soundcloud.com/rustyandsomeotherwordsbecauserustywastaken/pit

The description explains what it is. I'm actually learning FL studio right now so I won't be stuck making shit like the other 2 tracks I have.
Sound collage like footwork.
soundcloud.com/mushm0uth_murray/raw-footage

clyp.it/5zwlyv3v
It's incomplete but check it out

Finished music:

youtube.com/watch?v=pvm2FFNbXbE

youtube.com/watch?v=mEQ-JqRUkGQ

youtube.com/watch?v=b0_BeCdEuDI

youtube.com/watch?v=JdUGJ-UaUFw

Unfinished music:

youtube.com/watch?v=e1shG9sVwIY

youtube.com/watch?v=xvpfXcRL4z0

If I had a version that didn't reveal my identity so easily I would post it

Noah?

fuck off it was shit

>soundcloud.com/rustyandsomeotherwordsbecauserustywastaken/pit

Not being a dick, but is the guitar tuned that badly on purpose?

rapping a bit cringey,
but at
>the white hot sun makes the whiteys necks all red
I got the joke. Beats are pretty decent

I don't think anybody cares about this but here's a song from this new wild ivy album i'm workin on

>shoegays

clyp.it/wzj23r5w

youtube.com/watch?v=nMMWlUhycSM
m b v
b
v

i can see a hat
i can see a cat
i can see a man with a baseball bat

soundcloud.com/user-226729323/song9000

Instrumental band demo, I was the lead guitar player(and wrote all the material). Stopped with the group because our singer had a unacceptably heavy dutch accent and they wanted to fuck around to much.

Pretty basic funky soul stuff with a improvised solo near the end that imho starts out good but then gets a bit wonky.

Typical Sup Forums thread. Everybody wants to be heard, but nobody wants to listen...

soundcloud.com/jason-mccray-1/tomorrow-as-of-01-10-16

clyp.it/profile

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/nobody-2

I've never actually been taught anything about music, I pretty much learned by ear and by studying music I liked. Plus Wikipedia helped with chords and scales.

>read this
>re-read the OP

Fuck, I thought it was one of those threads where the OP offers criticism on everyone who posts.

soundcloud.com/brynmorgan

Absolute lad

I think a lot of folks thought that, myself included. Going through the posts now.

Not really into noise rock, but you've got a pretty neat sound and energy. In all honesty i think there isnt enough structure in it for most people to take it seriously enough.

Ayy, good stuff

clyp.it/xryhnrcr

incredibly badly recorded, just an idea i've been playing around with.

thanks feller, I'm just sort of starting to venture outside of the purely acoustic stuff so I just hope those parts didn't come off as too shoddy.

I can see a dog.
I can see a frog.
I can see a ladder leaning on a log.

I'm listening to the first song you posted,and it sounds pretty good.Just wondering,what programs did you use?Sounds very MIDI-like

A work in progress:
clyp.it/yakojqc5

>dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/nobody-2

Your singing is pretty flat alot of the times and instrumentally it sounds a bit cluttered with ideas. Production wise it sounds very decent though.

Also you shouldnt try and preemptivaly soften people's criticism by telling them you did not study music formally. it either is good or it is not. And there's al lot of stuff in your music people will not respond to kindly. The tempo is pretty fast voor the vibe you are trying to create and you are using a lot of "happy" major chords on keys while the other stuff is going towords a more jagged serious vibe and it is kind of clashing.

fuck thats heavy

soundcloud.com/berrybluegum

The strobe-like video and the white noise is kinda off putting to me personaly and it sounds a bit like vampires would listen to in the Blade-movies. But i can tell you have some good ideas about sound, vibe and actual song structure, personally i would emphasize that more and not "attack" the listeren as much with dissonance.

just my two cents

Was in Zombie Death Stench for about 7 years. Quit a few days ago. Just done with everything and tired of "trying to make it." Fun while it lasted.

One of the songs I wrote. Dumb as fuck but was fun to play.

youtube.com/watch?v=EXfSCM1POKQ

>it sounds a bit like vampires would listen to in the Blade-movies

You do not know what you are talking about and probably never listened to Loveless.

>soundcloud.com/berrybluegum

I really like your sound, lyrics and vocal melodies.

But the vocals lack some confidence/power and some of the instrumental parts sound just a tad to simplistic to really sell it.

I don't know about you, but personally it seems pretty ridiculous to compare you're mediocre bandcamp band to loveless.

I do know what i'm talking about because i gave a subjective opinion about a subjective art form.

I dont have to be a My bloody Valentine fan to give my opinion about different music that is in the same genre of general sound. And if you have this much trouble handeling negative feedback then i would advise you to quit music because you're gonna have a bad time...

This sounds like what gay sparkly vampires would listen to while fucking each other in the butt.

>clyp.it/0v1vvsez

It reminds me alot of "a pillow of winds" by Pink floyd(not a bad thing really), but the percussive stuff don't really add much in their current form and in some parts you seem to be slightly fluctuating the tempo and it doenst sound deliberate.

Funny, I had someone compare it to Goodbye Blue Sky by Floyd as well. I guess they're still lingering in my subconscious from high school...

And yeah, the percussion is definitely a bit off beat in parts. Been meaning to go back and fix it if not just remove it all together. Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

soundcloud.com/mft-beats/arbeitstitel

lmao retards that wasn't him.

besides it does sound like that one song from loveless :^)

>varietyhour.bandcamp.com/track/cegeste-snot-hi

This is just my opinion and i'm not a huge fan of this type of music. My opinion is free so it is worth what you deem it, but there does not seem to be a song in this. It's got lyrics, on-keys vocal, some cool tape-delay sounds and ideas. It even sounds very professional but there is not enough cohesion in it to make it work. I'm not saying it should be more like abba, but even sigur ros and bands like Master Musicians of Bukakke have a sort of innate red through line or logical structure which this song does not.

damn...

But does that make it good?

soundcloud.com/the_cartridge_family/nascent

Basic rhymes, basic flow, weak hooks, decent beats. Potential

Critique dump prt. 1
Tasty beat. Very full sounding production. I particularly enjoyed the rhythm changes towards the end. I wasn't getting very much development through the middle but since it's meant for the dance floor that's kind of a moot point.

Oh shit! Really digging this. What's the ratio of samples to original instrumentation? Only complaint is that build at the end seemed a little anticlimactic. Curious how this sounds in the album context.

This is really pretty. You have a very comfy voice. Would like to hear some drums rippin up the kit under that middle section. I'mma check out that mega you posted once I'm home from work.

That first line was really clever. Some good bars with solid word play. The flow is a little off in a couple spots but it isn't too noticeable.

Not your best work, Noah. Sorry.

The guitars are only in the left speaker, and the drums could be a bit busier, maybe some fills like at the very end, during that last section, but you've got a really good idea. Keep working at it, fammajamma.

I think you might have a bit to much bass on the guitar's eq. Nice song, very sad and the artwork is very fitting.

I'm curious what you'll do with it. I see potential. The guitar line kinda drones on a little too much but if you add more instrumentation ot could be fine.

Really pretty compositions. Those unfinished tracks sound very promising. Are you interested in physical instrumentation of are you going to stick with the midi aesthetic?

That rapid panning is fucking with me in the best way. Not sure how I feel about the xylophone, but that's really my only complaint.
Do you have a band camp or sound cloud you could link me?

You figured out MBV and have a good song under the wall but I think that riff could be more interesting. Will check out the bamd camp page.

>soundcloud.com/mft-beats/arbeitstitel

It's psychedelic jam music so i'm not going to make a point about structure. But even in jam-music there has to be a sort of dynamic to keep the listener interested. Whether that means: loud to soft, gentle to aggressive, angular to ethereal, fast to slow etc. is up to you to decide. At the moment it sound like a bunch of disconnected solo's that do not try to engage the listener,

I think the most important question a musician should ask themselves is: would i want to listen to this?

Thanks for taking the time to listen I appreciate it. As for the structure of the song I tried making it linear and evolving. I feel it makes more sense in the context of the album. I don't understand what you mean by structure because this song has 3 parts. I assume you mean having a chorus or a musical idea that is referenced again in the piece. If you're asking me where's the chorus that would be the point of the song.

>clyp.it/yakojqc5

I'm a big fan of funky synths so i digged those parts, i think the more abrasive high pitched rythmic stuff can grow to annoy people pretty fast though. And for me personally the tempo is a bit to fast to really enjoy it, but it is not bad imho.

varietyhour.bandcamp.com

thanks ! only samples are at the end with the weather report sample and my childhood cat that died purring.

>I'mma check out that mega you posted once I'm home from work.
Oh, that mega link I replied to wasn't by me. That was an album by the notorious memer Aaron Ellis.

Thanks for the kind words though!

My point about the structure is more that, to me( again, i'm just one dude) the 3 parts do not add up logically. There is lot's of music that does not follow standardized ideas about music that does work. It has three parts but to me they do not seem to complement eachother, making it sound a bit schizophrenic. Which some people may say they find appealing, but in my opinion most of those people are trying to be edgy or trying to propagate that they have some sort of evolved taste in the arts.

clyp.it/motx5i0a

WIP guitar ambient/post-rock

soundcloud.com/user-235327681/villanova

>soundcloud.com/the_cartridge_family/nascent

Good sound and i like the ideas, I don't know if you played the instruments youself, sampled stuff or it was made in an open jam. But the first half it does sound like every instrument is busy doing its own thing. I like to jam with no "rules" myself but when nobodys playing off of eachother or doing their own thing the end result usually ends u being very meandering. But hey, thats just my opinion.

well i happen to be schizophrenic lol. but fair enough I see you point. It's a matter of taste. Different emotional states and life experiences make different things pleasing or logical to us. I don't understand how a piece of art can have a logical anything as it's primarily an emotional experience. This convo actually gave me an idea so thank you! I am going to set out to make the most illogical piece of music I can. I'm thinking going from harsh noise to baroque pop chorus to a piano sonata ending it off with a doo wop outro

oldish demo i'm gonna hopefully redo with a bit more bombast and fuller instrumentation
vocaroo.com/i/s1kKEJ9GgEdP

some unrelated drum idea i wanna rerecord with a more consistent tempo and better dynamics before i yelp over it (warning: very loud)
vocaroo.com/i/s0MdjtIql2ju

super old thing from when i was messing around with computer music software, i still have a super soft spot for that melody
vocaroo.com/i/s0LcWLmIb5Yu

first song we wrote, got published by BTV
has some of you anons ever played on a Balcony?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDjqDu6TOU0

youtube.com/watch?v=2UV1XgQeh0o

No but serious though cool that you already have got something going. And you are capabel musicians but to me it does sound a bit like you guys mix and match styles a bit gimmicky and its often not really complementing eachother. Take my comment with a pinch of salt though because i have had zero succes with my music.

hi i recorded a demo and then killed the laptop with all the recordings on it last year

this is the only track that survived

dropbox.com/s/vh2ychbkdmdcmvw/2.wav?dl=0

not my genere for sure but this shit so trippy it caughts you in
listned up to first 2 tracks
got to work on the voice but the lyrics and beats are dank
reminds me when some friends of mine used to pass whole summers working out on midi piano tracks and stuff
some melodies are very likable

I agree with you that is a matter of taste influenced bij an individuals life and that music is just a emotional reaction. I looked at it from a perspective of commercial acceptance though and unless you taste are pretty close to the norm(Like mine if i'm honest) than it is hard to expect people to like you music to an extent from which you will make real money from it. If that is not a motive you hve with you music then more power to you.

always up for more bands throwing things together with the reckless abandon of mr. bungle

I mean the residents made a living off it and had physical back in 74. I don't really care about making a living off it all I care about is being the greatest of all time ever. I accept I'm never going to be the next katy perry but my hopes are there are people out there respecting music as an artform and if i distinguish myself enough and prove myself to be talented giving significant contributions to the craft then people will support me. Or most likely have a dishwashing/ janitorial position for the rest of my life. But it's too late to turn back now as I've already accepted the risk and sacrifice anything i feel is in the way of becoming the artist i want to be. My life is an extension of my music. who knows, we'll see but I promise to keep going on mu if I ever be a hotshot

This
Listen to Characterized As Rasterized by Dot JPG #np on #SoundCloud
soundcloud.com/dotjpgmusic/sets/characterized-as-rasterized

I do lots of different stuff but here's one influenced by the musical traditions of Borneo & London.

clyp.it/zdzp35vv

Critique dump prt 2
The solo wasn't that bad, a little too much down time when it was getting going but still fine. Sorry to hear about your band.

That explains why it's gone and why the name seemed familiar.

This SoundCloud post could be multiple tracks I think. Getting some McLusky vibes. I'd go to your show at a tiny, hole in the wall style venue.

I think your lyrics and vocal line could use some work but I'm really digging the production amd overal sound. Keep learning, dude.

Listened to Love2each. You've got a solid unserstanding of flow and the song seemed the perfect length for the amount of ideas used. Maybe it could have been more dynamic, or have a bit more melody than that main vocal sample.

Not sure why I was surprised it was metal. If you got the lead guitar closer and the drums further away you'd be pretty set for a raw demo. This is really heavy, you should get something really sick out of it.

This could bang in the whip. Keep us posted because I'm pretty hyped for that drop.

Very well written. You've got a good sound. The vocals seem a little weak and the synth over the top feels a tad out of place. Good stuff over all.

The vocalist could use some work and the production isn't too clear on the rhythm guitar and bass. Sing isn't bad though and has some good solos. Would be fun sing to play.

This grooves really hard. I'm enjoying your guitar tone especially. Very nicely produced.

Really cool, strong sense of aesthetic. The parts of over lap seemed a little dense and the strings kind of drowned out the other parts a bit. Very good piece.

Really pretty and relaxing. I hope you can get the crescendoes to be monumental with some drums.

soundcloud.com/afghamistam/simple-song

Any feedback appreciated

really? ok i guess
soundcloud.com/user-814821698/dead-centipede
>jingly twee lo-fi folk pop

youtu.be/BfUaRScXWH0

this is better than 2 bags of instant noodles

none of you will ever be successful, all your music is utter shit.

Prove it.

why are you mad?

youtube.com/watch?v=NK2FqPNIT_U

this is good

all your music is shit, half of you are posting with anime photos, this shows the unproffesionalism in your music, you will never be a musician, just a hobbyist attempting to make music and getting 60 views on sc. dont reply to this im out this thread.

I'm already quite successful :)

Been making an ok living from making music for 6 years. (from )

>hobbyist attempting to make music

Is this supposed to be an insult senpai

kys nigga

Critique dump prt 3
Just when I was getting board that second guitar came in amd saved the track. I'd suggest bringing it in before the second verse and then having it sort of sprinkled about under the vocals. Fade outs are always disappointing. Still enjoyed it, keep it up.

First track is a nice song. Better recordinf quality could do a lot for it. Your vocals could use a little work but you put a lot of energy and passion into them that gives it charm. I enjoy the drum groove you posted. The last link is very fun. I think it could translate over to live instrumentation very well, just needs a less abrupt ending.

Not gonna lie, I was ready to cringe when I saw the cello, but you did an excellent job making it fit with the piece. The sing seemed a little un focused but that didn't really affect the enjoyment of it. I'm really triggered they had you play outside when it's cold enough to need a winter coat.

Sorry, I'm not going to download that on my phone just to hear it.

Seems kind of boring. Don't really know what to say.

Damn son, this is pretty dope. I'm really digging how much atmosohere there is and varied types of instrumentation. Do you have a band camp or SoundCloud you could link me?

Nice production, I'm assuming you would like someone to spit bars on top of this? I'm not sure if you're going for a polyrhythme with the sticks over the top of the middle piece, but even if you are it feels kinda awkward. Keep up the good work.

This is fucking adorable. Some of the group vocals could use a bit of work, and it's got all of the classic tropes but it's still a fun song.

Fuck, teach me. I was ready to quit at around 3 min when the bangers started to hit. This is really good. Do you have a band camp or SoundCloud?

Kind reminder to actually review the posts, I still haven't gotten criticism and I'd like to know how to improve.

I liked the bit at the very start a lot, next bit took some warming up to, the bit at 3:15 I liked a lot as well
cool track and video I enjoyed it a lot

this is mine
soundcloud.com/spenc_r/8a-1

Literally just got done finishing up the kinda barebones for a song I've been working on for quite a while right this second.

Go easy lads

soundcloud.com/siriustexra/shooshoo

Sounds like something my granda would listen to, that's a complement btw, he's very picky. Nice and soft

>board

Thanks though, I only just started making actual songs a month or two ago so I don't have any idea what I'm doing for the most part. Just pop song structures and whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=V29mjc5jO8Q

>Kind reminder to actually review the posts, I still haven't gotten criticism and I'd like to know how to improve.

What's the link?

I made this
youtube.com/watch?v=tYGkgs3EgH0

I'm

I'll give you feedback, who are (you)?