Give opinions on Ween

Give opinions on Ween

I love The Mollusk, haven't been bothered yet to check out the rest

Check out Chocolate and Cheese, Quebec and White Pepper if you're into the refined stuff. For their more lo-fi, experimental stuff go for Pure Guava, God Ween Satan and The Pod. All amazing albums in their own rights.

Shit. For "le quirky" greasy white kids

Only recently got into them. The Mollusk is fantastic. Quebec took a couple of listens for me to get into it but now I really dig it. Haven't listened to their other stuff yet.

who you calling greasy?

That's... unique. I've heard them described as shit tier stoner rock but not "le quirky".

OCEAN MAN

Top three songs on their two best albums

>The Mollusk
The Mollusk
Mutilated Lips
Ocean Man

>Quebec
Zoloft
Tried and True
Chocolate Town

I definitely agree there. Amazing tracks.

Recommend me music that matches the feel of this picture

Pink Eye (On My Leg) by Ween

best

I like GodWeenSatan and The Pod, Pure Guava was alright I never listened to much past that.

>muh self-image

Brown as fuck mang

I'm totally new to Ween, aside from hearing "A Tear for Eddie" in a blogspot post back when I was doing that Sup Forums adsense plot way back when.
I started off with The Mollusk and I really didn't care for it aside from the title track. I think I just started off a little too ambitiously since I don't have a taste for Ween's music yet. Is there a specific album I should listen to first?

Ween is the best goddamn band ever man. Deaner is releasing a solo album later this year and moistboyz is pretty good. I recommend everything except for the friends EP and La Cucaracha

The Mollusk is that album. Try something like White Pepper next

>chocolate town
>not transdermal celebration
Other than that perfect

You in WAS?

I dunno man, I just didn't care for it. I'll give White Pepper a listen and then probably relisten to The Mollusk. I'm open to liking Ween, but The Mollusk just left a weird taste in my mouth.

>be me
>philly Death Grips show last year
>have good time
>on thread about show
>fucking Dean Ween was in the crowd
>never saw him

White Pepper for the refined album. Pure Guava, The Pod, and GWS for the lo-fi stuff. Good luck!

Wait deaner likes the death grips. Shit dude

yep
though on Quebec I might have chosen that song about the Marbles

what the fug

lolrandom the band

i think they had some serious musical, artistic chops but wasted a lot of their time making silly meme songs and parodies, like zappa.

>i have never really listened to them the user
not that theres anything wrong with lolrandom at all

.Have you ever heard a Ween song?

Pretty good, but all their albums are "here's some good songs and a few bad ones."

They actually regard themselves as proper musicians and are deeply hurt when people regard them as "parody" acts. You mustn't have heard much deeper than Push th' Little Daisies or Ocean Man.

I was there too! Had no idea he was there either!

As if deaner wasn't the biggest legend ever already he goes and does this

meh/10

Did Transdermal Celebration get any radio play back when it came out? It sounds extremely familar to me but that might just be because it sounds like a generic early 00s alt rock song.

Bump

Not that I know of they weren't that huge outside the indie scene. You mightve heard it in a movie or something but idk

Sorry for reddit but I couldn't find the archive

Their style is all over the place and some of their songs are too quirky like said. I feel like I'm on the verge of liking them though, so maybe someday.

AIDS