It's just..... meh...

thanks for the paycheck

No wonder the review is shit quality

because sly and the family stone

>Era Defining
>The Avalanches
>Literally who?

It lost three points because there was no Arctic monkeys or oasis in it

Honest question - is their a more woeful tale in music journalism than the decline of NME?

I remember when reading NME made you a coveted sort of hipster indie-kid. It meant that you were 'in' a scene - wherever you were in the world, you probably knew where the indie bands were playing that weekend.
You hung out with people that knew who Mobb Deep and Pulled Apart By Horses were. You attended dub nights only semi-ironically.
You were a fucking asshole, but you could at least delude yourself into thinking you were a bit cool.

Nowadays NME is below Sup Forums levels of trash.
I saw a guy obviously being paid less than minimum wage giving away copies outside a train station; it made me fucking sad that a magazine that used to keep afloat on simply its own self-worth now has to resort to bait headlines and literally asking people to take a copy.

NME will never again destroy anything but itself.

this review is literally just saying it's too happy.

Was there early review copies or some shit? Have they really already reviewed the album less than a day after it's release? Why would anyone take these people seriously?

>NME
>relevant
Theyll be fine.

meh i give this review a 2/5

Which is stupid, because Since I Left You was hardly The Downward Spiral in tone

Don't they have something to write about Morrissey? Gay rumours, lawsuits, some kind of scandal? Why would they stoop so low as to review music?

good. fuck nme.

No one cares about NME

>that hair

looks like me only with a penis

>Rolling Stone of the 60s/70s
>NME of the late 70s to early 90s
>Pitchfork of the 2000s

All these popular and once-highly regarded music publications can't stay cool forever, but I doubt anything else will reach their heights in critical reputation and influence. Music journalism has gotten too niche and there is so much of it on the internet, plus some people just like user reviews like RYM or *shudder* YouTube reviewers

I cannot BELIEVE THIS IS FUCKING REAL

I ACTUALLY WENT TO THEIR WEBSITE TO CHECK

FUCK THESE IDIOTS

ethereal cereal

This is something straight out of a cringe thread

>There are far too many children’s voices, snatches of birdsong, glissandi of saccharine strings
>not quite as punchable as ‘Frontier Psychiatrist’ – the whinny of horses is still annoying 16 years on

The whole review seems to be "this album is happy, but I, a seasoned serious person, do not fall for it, I'm mature"

M E H

E

H

2/5

What a fucking moron she should not review music she has no clue wtf shes talking about

>Morrissey
>Gay rumours
>rumours

I rate her existence a 2/5: meh.

M

E

N

ARE DISGUSTING DIE CIS SCUM

H

was expecting meh this was a nice twist

why the fuck would anybody give a shit about the NME lmao

>not once does the album mention the plight of african americans or the oppressive patriarchy
>everything is sunshine and rainbows for the white men who made this album
>2/5

please tell me the review isn't actually like this

But what does Noel Gallagher have to say about it?

is this the offspring?

Basically, she criticizes it for being too happy and only positive thing she says is that there is female singer feature

This t b h.

What quality is the leak? Is it worth listening to?

>not once does the album mention the plight of african americans or the oppressive patriarchy
Live a Lifetime Love seems pretty BLM-inspired.

>Mmm yes I must say Frankie Sinatra is indubitably one of the most sublime works of plunderphonic sound I have ever heard. What's that Madame? Electro swing? Heavens, no! That is the dirge of the lowly troglodyte. It is far from the purview of the masterful composers collectively known as the Avalanches.

When it comes out, and it's actually shit, will you kill yourself?

good thing we've heard it and its not shit

>every single reviewer is Cucktano tier "I cant hear the rapper from the beat" horseshit

It leaked senpai

Like this bitch knows what the fuck she's talking about music reviewers are always the most shit people

It's a 2.5/5 they were close

IT HAS HORNS!!!

IT'S ELECTRO SWING!!!11!

MOM!!!!!!

One thing I noticed
Fantano has criticised a few releases for this, ad yet he gave TMS a 10/10? The beats overpower the vocals frequently

anyone got a download link?

Fuck they look like mongos

That review was trash but the replies here are just as trash. Same as when ram came out. You fanboys need to calm down and stop being retards.

Accurate review.

REMINDER THAT THIS IS THE WEBSITE THAT UNIRONICALLY GAVE THE ARCTIC MONKEYS A 10/10. ON THEIR WORST ALBUM TOO. IF AT ANY POINT YOU TAKE NME, OR MOST OTHER REVIEW SITES SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE FOOL.

this exact publication gave Arctic Monkeys a 10/10

Wow you sound retarded

i want to smell her armpits

A shame they had to make an electroswing album. I get it, a carbon copy of Since I Left You might not have been the best thing in the world. But of all the directions to go with the new project, why electroswing? It's a meme genre, and everyone knows it.

Alex Turner pls go

I don't entirely disagree, honestly. SILY was also a very happy-sounding party record but it had a lot of dynamic because underneath the surface there was a low-broiling intensity and sense of melancholy. Wildflower at points borders on schmalz at times - sorta like some mid 2000s indie band.

I thought it was a pleasant enough listen, but I most likely won't remember it a few months from now.

>they made an electroswing album

haven't heard it yet, but i hope this is a joke

I agree but you made sense unlike the review

Wtf this isn't even edgy or trap influenced at all

0/10

It's not electroswing

also, by general rule of thumb - usually if NME dislikes something, it's probably quite good

It's not electroswing you fucking idiots
Frankie Sinatra is the only track that gets anywhere near being electroswing

I was going to contradict you by posting their St. Anger review, but then I realized they gave it a 9/10

>all these MRAs hating the review because she's a woman

I should say I'm surprised but I'm not, it's clear you little boys have no sense of modern standards in music of which the Avalanches didn't meet, continue listening to your Electro Swing all the girls love a classy gentlemen like you.

you're kidding

St Anger > Laughing Stock
nme.com/reviews/metallica/7105
nme.com/reviews/talk-talk/2121

>mfw Pitchfork will rate it low too and Sup Forums will suddenly hate The Avalanches

>anyone cares about Ride's lyrics 100% of the time anyway

Reminder this is the publication that gave AM a 10/10. Not to be taken seriously.

All these people should get paid instead of that hack.

The only people who should be professionally reviewing Wildflower should be the same people who reviewed Since I Left You or were adults when it came out desu

holy shit surely this is a joke

they honestly liked
>"muh laaifstahhl duturmuns muh deffstahhl-ah"
over songs like New Grass

Just read the review. That's it? That was the worst fucking review i've ever read. They barely scrap the surface of the album. The review basically went "You know, this album isn't SILY and that's why it's not good" They talked a bit about Frankie Sinatra. AND THAT'S IT! THEIR FUCKING ST. ANGER REVIEW WAS BETTER WRITTEN THEN THIS REVIEW. The review made me puke a bit, and I didn't even love it. was like a 3.5 or 4. geez...

*Leafyishere voice* OHh myyyyy GAAAAAAHD
What the fuck?

you haven't been to nme in the last five years, right?

all their reviews are like this now.
five short paragraphs of non-opinions with a random score attached.

it's almost funny.

You need to be 18 to post here.

why would they make frankie sinatra a single?
actually, why would they put it on the album?

it's legitimately awful.

Leafyishere voice* OHh myyyyy GAAAAAAHD
What the fuck?

*Leafyishere voice* OHh myyyyy GAAAAAAHD
What the fuck?

>MehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMehMeh

>NME

Mehme

Reminder that NME gave Laughing Stock a 5/10

slsk

nme.com/reviews/arctic-monkeys/14752#lvhS8jXVTV73uF5W.99
Does it matter what the fuck these idiots think?

The answer you are looking for is:
"No"