Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHsPQ705y38
youtu.be/Tv40mcAM1ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY
youtu.be/gSObxUxUl5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=CHsPQ705y38

Atheist cannot truly appreciate anything

Can an atheist truly appreciate Talk Talk?

No, whenever someone criticized Bach's works he told them that he didn't give a shit and he was writing for God, not Humans.

Yes.

Do Christians appreciate because they wish or because they must?

That is some nice grammar you got there, kid.

I love Bach.

Of course, what an inane question. As an atheist, I think I appreciate beautiful human achievements just as much, if not more, than religious people, because simply the idea of existence is so unlikely and incredible, and the evolution from basically nothing through to people who can create such astounding things is truly remarkable. It's not just "yeah, this was all done by God".

Wonderful misrepresentation.

Can a Muslim truly appreciate Bach?

Nice bait

This very much.

No.

It's not bait

Nice trips. I'd also have to agree with you. I'm a Buddhist but I find the idea of human evoluti0on amazing. The fact that we might have come from mushrooms and other super basic life to this really is astonishing. It makes you appreciate the struggle of life more so than just being plopped here by some omnipotent god because he so willed it. We fought for all this and we should be proud of it. This is why we can't let civilization and scientific advancement fall.

We appreciate life far more than religious nuts.

We see the importance in living life to the fullest, not trying to live our life by the carrot or the stick.

Well Bach's music is overly calculated and emotionless. I guess I appreciate it on a technical level, but Bach was more of a mathematical genius than a musical genius. It's also hard to produce something truly divine when you're looking outside of yourself for inspiration. The greatest journey is towards the self, not away from it, so if your main source of inspiration is a vague concept of a god and afterlife, then you spend your life being deprived of what you have.

Also I'm not an atheist as I can't make claims that bold on something like the existence of god but I'm definitely a humanist, and to me religion is exactly the same thing as addiction; They both stem from the belief that you are lacing divinity. That's why a lot of addicts usually leave their addiction for Christianity. They're still hooked on something that tells them that they can't be happy on their own.

Yes.

>emotionless
lolno. You clearly haven't listened to Bach

More than a follower of lies maybe, I guess it's better to be atheist and find out one day that you were wrong that be a roleplayer that daily stumbles into a paragraph stating that your book lies and daily chooses to ignore this one paragraph.

People often say that Bach is boring/overly-mathematical etc.... but that's because of the bullshit 'period performance' attitude of 'playing things exactly as they were written hundreds of years ago' attitude which has given people this misconception. Really, bach would've left the interpretation down to the performer (hence sparse dynamics etc...) like with jazz.

You lack a soul, seed of Ham.

There is no such thing as a soul. There's no such thing as the self.

>current year
>believing souls exist

Actually you can't truly appreciate anything because your religion tells you that you are lacking divinity, so unless you realize that bliss comes from within, any sense of joy and enlightenment you feel in your life will be false and contrived.

>emotionless

youtu.be/Tv40mcAM1ZA

There's nothing there. It's all pompous ego with no beauty contained within. Listen to this; The direct opposite, such effortless, fleeting beauty:

youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY

You're a woman.

why do idiots always take these obvious baits

wow man. Try paying more attention to the Bach, if you still don't see any emotion in it there must be something wrong with you.

Bach was realistic about the emotions in his music, it's always honest. I never get the sense that he is being overly dramatic, you're mistaking that for him being emotionless.

You're stupid.

Yes, I am an atheist and I truly appreciate him and his works. The matthaus passion is one of my favorite pieces of music of all time. Religion doesn't matter, empathy matters.

This whole thread is fucking bait

i was upset when i learned that he made music for god and shit :'(

Ok then

youtu.be/gSObxUxUl5k

>Bach is emotionless
>posts Twighlightcore
lmao

I'm actually really upset that that song was used in Twilight.

Also, I had no idea that that song was used in Twilight until my sister pointed it out to me while I was playing it on the piano.

Debussy and Bach are both good in there own respects

Also, you're an idiot if you're going to discount some of the most beautiful music ever written because it was used in a shitty film franchise, probably as a result of a calculated marketing strategy.

Just fuck you in general.

fuck you twilight was a great movie with an even better soundtrack