AOTY

AOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/the-avalanchesy-wildflowery-2016-320kbps-t12864437.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah pretty much, time will tell though. Bowie and Grapes were both great as well.

Fave tracks?

Mine are: Because Im Me, Subways, Harmony, Noisy Eater Stepkids and especially Kaleidoscope Lovers

eh, 6/10

truly... beautiful

Hey, tell me how is it working for NME as a staff writer? I heard they pay well enough

I had to leave for the bathroom during Saturday Night Inside Out because I didn't want my coworkers to see me sobbing.

>those Regular Show characters
noice

>Subways/Going Home

I just died and went to dance heaven

Pretty great but I'm not head over heels (then again I never worshipped SILY)

Kinda loses steam in the second half, and Frankie Sinatra and The Noisy Eater are duds.

fucking this.

It's okay - not amazing or anything. Certainly not AOTY.

I'm not who you're responding to, but what are you on about? Who the hell reads NME?

It feels a little empty. I'm sure people will love it, i'm sure it would be fun it I heard it at a party, but I loved the Avalanches for their production chops and this is really played-out in that regard.

I swear, you fanboys have taken that NME review more seriously and given it way more credence than the "haters" have. Chill.

Considering how shitty this year has been for music, that's not difficult to achieve.

It's been a great year imo

there hasnt been a weak year in music since 2013, maybe even 2009

Besides MBDTF and The Suburbs, what other good albums came out in 2010? It's not that I don't believe in what you say, but I can't really remember about that year. Every year left was great.

I agree with you actually, but 2010 had some high profile releases such as Beache Huse, Janelle Monae, Flying Lotus, Deerhunter and many more. Not that i love all those records, but there are tons of people who do

I won't be listening until it is on spotify

i really like it. as a whole it's pretty underwhelming, but song-for-song is a strong record.

i fucking hate the noisy eater though

fav tracks:

>because i'm me
>frankie sinatra (it seriously grew on me)
>subways
>colours
>sunshine
>saturday night inside out

I was a little underwhelmed at first, but after a few more listens I love it.

Live a Lifetime Love/Park Music feels a little messy, but I can't really think of a track I don't like.

Fucking hell even Frankie sounds good in context.

320 link where?

Just wait til its on spotify. It's better quality and you help the artist.

>It's better quality
better than 320kbps?
no
spotify is 192kbps or 256 if you pay and it doesn't help the artist at all, they get a few pennies per ten thousand or so plays. I'll buy the record if I like it and want to help the artist, I'm not going to pretend that spotify helps anyone but the labels and the biggest artists

>I'll buy the record if I like it and want to help the artist
do you gonna buy this record?

There's no real leak so far, just a recording of the apple music stream.

Maybe someone'll get their hands on a CD this weekend though.

this album is nothing compared to their debut
there is no cosmic nostalgia compared to SILY

this album is for stoner hippy niggers who got on the bus too late. i was going to outright buy the LP until i heard the torrent. a flop just like daft punk

another fucking let down

well I haven't heard it yet

Pretty underwhelming and all the features kill any solid atmosphere the album tries to create. Elseq definitely tops it for AOTY by a long shot

>niggers
You're on the wrong

AAAAAAAAAH FRANKIE SINATRA

If you like elseq we can all immediately disregard your opinion

cunt i've been here for over 10 years don't tell me where the fuck i am

Best meme of 2016 desu senpai

lol why? not even that user but it was solid.

No.

>can't into autechre
feel bad for yeah m8

i'll just listen to since i left you and pretend this album never came out

>Hey guys, Wildflower is a 3/10, buy James Ferraro's new cassette instead!
>Hahaha NO REFUNDS

Good plan.

That was funny when Frankie Sinatra came out, but I think the meme has run it's course now, honestly.

this

who has a 320 for this

definitely a really fun album, and probably my album of the summer, but not AOTY material for me. really great stuff tho

This has been the best year in music since forever pleb

5 listens in and it's a phenomenal masterpiece on par with SILY
The songs are so freakin lush and complex and opaque that every listen brings something new.
I don't understand why people don't love this because it's practically SILY2 except the tropical flavor is replaced with something more dry

You sound pretty miserable desu. But hey to each his own.

this

when two artists you admire are DOA you'd be miserable too

Since I Left You is explicitly aquatic, this is more like a road trip. In Australia, probably.
There isn't one, only rip is transcode from Apple Music.
There's an AAC and a V0 floating around
CD rip should be like 2 more days tops

the features are a lot better than they I thought they would be. colors, stepkids, wozard of iz, and kaliedoscope lovers are all great

Isn't there a FLAC version?

Because I'm Me is so fantastic

Couldn't have picked a better opener I don't think

A lot of people thought the singles on their own were lacking in complexity compared to SILY but within the context of the album they seem to develop a lot more. I think this a trait that is common to The Avalanches' music.
The whole album progresses so smoothly and beautifully.

There is, but it's the same source and kind of pointless. We'll be replacing our leak copies soon anyway

>waaaaah, stop making fun of my favorite song!

5/10 at best, bland uninspired crap with meme guests.

SUNSHIIIIYIIIIYIIIYIIIYIINE

>meme guests
this isn't a valid reason or argument you internet addled child.

How long ago do you think DOOM and Biz Markie's parts were recorded? Do you think either of them would have been up for it if they were asked to be on the album in 2015/16?

other than danny brown on frank sinatra all the guest are great tho

>The Noisy Eater is literally just Superfast Jellyfish

Who knows? It's too late now because it's happened.

wildflower is fucking trash

This is true but I didn't mind

Lemon Jelly did wacky and zany better

(you)

Neither do I, Superfast Jellyfish was actually the only song off of Plastic Beach that I cared for.

He's right, you know.

>16 years
>for this fucking garbage
going to kill myself, f a m

all this shit posting itt is just embarassing and sad

clearly a riveting "life" you lead.

>no new IP
epic bro

Haha thought the same fucking thing.

Anybody who thinks colours or subways is "lacking in complexity compared to SILY" is dead wrong.

I'm pretty confident in saying they started from scratch a few years ago. The 2000's saw a huge shift in what is and isn't ok as far as sampling goes, thanks to Daft Punk mostly. They probably realized they weren't going to be able to clear half the albums samples and had to start over with a few exceptions

I've only heard the YouTube versions of those singles (maybe they're expanded on the album? Probably not. I don't know.) but if the YouTube tracks are the same as what showed up on the album then they're dead right. SILY was layered as fuck and everything I've heard from this album so far has been a fucking snooze. Frankie Sinatra is Caravan Palace tier fedora music and sounds like total shit, Subways is alright except for it randomly killing the beat to force in an awkward vocal sample, and Colors was just boring and simple.

Um, colours is dense as fuck. There is so much going on in that track it's ridiculous. It has exactly the "layers" one would expect from an Avalanches track, with the backmasked vocals, the strings, the sound effects, pianos, etc. Also kind of agree on that subways sample but if you listen to the sample source it's still pretty brilliant how they so naturally flipped the sample into a sort of nu-disco context

Probably my AOTY.

I was biking around downtown while the sun was going down with Zap! to the end playing and it was incredibly fitting and beautiful. It was like someone was live composing and performing a soundtrack to my life. The music warms my heart and I had several emotional moments listening to it. It feels almost life changing to me.

My favorite tracks are probably Live A Lifetime Love, Kaleidoscopic Lovers, and Wozard of Iz.

I've got a feeling that there's no longer gonna be any good discussion of this album or the Avalanches. So I'll probably just not sweat it and not come here very much now. Although the day and night of its release was some of the funnest times I've had on Sup Forums, so maybe that's related to why I still come back here.

You're right, maybe layering isn't the right word. It has a lot going on at any given time but there's no progression or variation in the song. Skipping through it, it's all pretty much the same from start to finish. It reminds me of when I first got on SoundCloud and I wanted to turn my shitty drum loops into a full song, so I'd just loop it for a little while and then put a low-pass filter on it for a few seconds before ending with the normal loop again.

are you on fucking meth?

a) this is one of their worst songs
b) on one of their worst albums
c) and they suck as a band in general

i don't know who's baiting who anymore

I adore every track on the album except Colors and Subways, both are so bland and repetitive.

>thanks to Daft Punk mostly
What happened with Daft Punk that didn't already happen with De La & The Turtles or Biz Markie & Gilbert O'Sullivan?

It might just be RYM, but why is it general consensus that Subways was far and away the best of the three/four pre-release singles? Shit's catchy, but way too repetitive to justify its length.

>that high pitched sound in Going Home

HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THAT JESUS CHRIST IT'S LIKE A DOG WHISTLE

IS ANYONE ELSE HEARING THIS?
IS IT JUST THE APPLE MUSIC RIP? I DON'T REMEMBER HEARING IT IN THE PRIMAVERA SET.

FUCK

Real aoty coming through

>everyone loves it last night
>everyone hates it today
The cycle continues...

Also, am I crazy for thinking The Noisy Eater is a masterpiece?

This

Where? I don't hear it.

I thought that song was great. Really fun to listen to.

Listening to the album, it raised a question for me: is there a point where spoken word samples become excessive?

It fucking pops up randomly.

First at :21, then :31, :37, and a lot more times throughout the song.

It just sounds like volume spikes from the high-pass filter. Doesn't sound as ear-splitting as you're describing it.

It's fucking ear-splitting to me and almost makes the song unlistenable to me. :(

Do you think it'll be gone in CDQ?

Yeah, I'd imagine. Avalanches are usually great with making sure their tracks having appropriate mixing.

senpai you're completely wrong about that

kat.cr/the-avalanchesy-wildflowery-2016-320kbps-t12864437.html

Ok guys, just started playing this record right now. It can't be that bad.

Transition into Wozard of Iz hits so hard

yes this. probably the highlight of the record for me. I just wish they used that beat in the first minute or so of wozard of iz for a longer amount of time it's too good.

WTF this literally sounds like an album SpongeBob and Patrick would make together after spending all day at the Krusty Krab.