Why do people not like these two albums? Is it just because of something so shallow as the introduction of Jarboe?

Why do people not like these two albums? Is it just because of something so shallow as the introduction of Jarboe?

Yes, they're not as heavy as Cop was, but percussion is brought back in a big way and is very much part of the core of every song, similarly to how Filth worked. They're both drenched in atmosphere and still sound incredibly bleak, while featuring wider arrangements and more variety in the sounds. I don't see the problem. Maybe it's because they're not quite as strong standalone, but they're really companion pieces, I view them as sister albums or a double album, and that way they certainly compete with Filth and Cop.

They've got some really good songs but overall they both sound very much like a band just trying out new ideas and looking for where to go next.

Wait I thought they were pushing the slow and heavy thing from the last 2 albums over the cheese line. That's why I didn't like them at least.

if anything Greed kind of moves away from that sound. Young God was that last truly tortured guitar driven effort, and after that they started experimenting with more complex "songs" on Greed, got more sounds involved, Jarboe, etc.

Holy Money is one of my favourites. I think people measure them against filth/cop and get turned off by the softer sound and repetitiveness.

I love that though. shit's hypnotic as absolute cock and dick.

Gira refuses to release them in their original format, and the combination that omits certain tracks and rearranges what is there is absolute shit compared to the original releases.

i like them

money is flesh

Everything after the Young God EP is soft.

>Public Castration Is A Good Idea

MONEY IS FLESH IN YOUR HAND

Holy Money is my favourite Swans album, they are both great

Holy money is probably my favorite Swans album, A Screw is the best song on the album

Weren't all the tracks on that from Greed and Holy Money? Something isn't adding up here.

They're the same tracks, but made heavier, slower, and more desolate.

I've always loved them and it seems just now people are recognizing them.

The only good song on Greed tbqh

>what are Fool, Stupid Child and Heaven
this best be bait

Yes, but they're re-worked to be way heavier than anything on Cop or Young God, and I mean way heavier, those two can't even compete.

you should be viuhlatud

theyre boring id rather just listen to filth

Name one song off Filth/Cop that can compete with Coward from Holy Money.

>professional tidbit: you're unable