This might be the most pretentious album I've ever heard in my life

This might be the most pretentious album I've ever heard in my life

Yes, pretentious. As in so overly concerned with its assumed thematic significance that its creator forgets he's supposed to have, you know, a skill, and instead focuses on his emotions and ideas rather than their expression.

Dean Blunt doesn't ignore the conventions of competent singing and pop music because he's moved past them, because he's in tune with a higher vision. He ignores the conventions of competent singing and pop music because he's too untalented to follow them. He's an incapable and inferior musician, and he knows it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1iOT5OjefWU
youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM
youtube.com/watch?v=mkZ-Cxa-PtU
youtu.be/cwBW9E9tnAs
youtube.com/watch?v=X2Ph4iGG60k
vice.com/read/behind-the-music-with-hype-williams
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Track 8 - The Narcissist

is literally a top 40 song

it really isn't

Right, because there's lots of Top 40 songs where the singer is completely flat and can't carry a note to save his life. There's lots of Top 40 songs with a focus on mood over its lazy, unfocused melody. There's lots of Top 40 songs with excessive sampling (plagiarism)

fuck off

1. Dean Blunt doesn't try to sing. It's like knocking Beyonce for not rapping.
2. Dean writes god tier melodies
3. There are top 40 songs with excessive sampling lmao

go back to listening to anco and death grips user. this is too much for you

>excessive sampling (plagiarism)
Oh, so this is just a b8 thread

thats why he's genius
self aware god.

So you're saying it's bad because Dean can't sing?

>1. Dean Blunt doesn't try to sing. It's like knocking Beyonce for not rapping.
What are you talking about? Do you not know what singing is? He's phrasing his voice so that it has a melody, and he's doing it intentionally. Yes he fails to hit the notes he's aiming for and the result is awful and unpleasant, but he's still trying, and he's still singing. If he wasn't trying to sing then he would never put his godawful voice on the track in the first place. I agree that he and Beyonce both fail in their attempts to create music, but that doesn't recuse them from having expended effort in their failure

>2. Dean writes god tier melodies
No, they are forgettable, boring, and lazy.

>3. There are top 40 songs with excessive sampling lmao
That true, I got carried away when I was trying to draw further attention to his lack of talent.

I'm sorry to put your psudery on full display for everybody to see like this, but you need to learn that it's not okay to treat art like a cute accessory for your personality in front of people who know what they're talking about. Your shallowness and lack of taste WILL get exposed sooner or later by me and others like me

Excessive sampling is plagiarism, especially when its known that the artist in question has no musical ability

Being aware that you're untalented and incapable doesn't give you talent and ability

>Excessive sampling
The Narcissist doesn't feature excessive sampling

>What are you talking about? Do you not know what singing is? He's phrasing his voice so that it has a melody, and he's doing it intentionally. Yes he fails to hit the notes he's aiming for and the result is awful and unpleasant, but he's still trying, and he's still singing. If he wasn't trying to sing then he would never put his godawful voice on the track in the first place. I agree that he and Beyonce both fail in their attempts to create music, but that doesn't recuse them from having expended effort in their failure

LMAO

Every singer without perfect pitch BTFO

listen to more dean blunt and you will get it. it's ok user just let it happen

how does dean make a living? there's no way in hell he could make it with the "profit" from his music and almost no touring. is he on welfare?

again you're pointing out why people love him. It's genius he's pulling this stuff off. nobody sounds like him or even does it better,
I've yet to hear an album better or similar black metal or redeemer has brought forward

if anything link me some better artist than dean blunt.

he makes more money than the avg american musician
euro/pounds and his equipment is basically macbook+keyboard
youtube.com/watch?v=1iOT5OjefWU
but yeah he probably has another job

you can get by with like 20k a year in 99% of the world. money is a meme

anco?

he lives in london, dude. it's a really fucking expensive town

he lives in north london and stays with his gf.

>if anything link me some better artist than dean blunt.
youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM
I'm not even being slightly factitious

>that transition from direct line to caught feelings

>factitious

Taylor Swift didn't write or produce that song. also didn't direct the video or have any hand in making it. she showed up sang and they pitch corrected it in post. try again

youtube.com/watch?v=mkZ-Cxa-PtU

how is it any different from sampling songs in its almost entirety and adding some vocals on top of it? i'm not the dude you're replying to btw

im not the dude you're replying to but honestly just sit there and think about that for one second user.

i'm not a taylor swift fan but you're being dishonest if you can't see how some of her songs have way more input of hers than some of dean's material features his own input. i know it's part of his charm and his point but it doesn't make it less true

>than some of dean's material
post it

This comes to mind as being particularly egregious and lazy
youtu.be/cwBW9E9tnAs

mixtape throwaway he recorded in a week m8
youtube.com/watch?v=X2Ph4iGG60k
mans got tunes when he tries

i hate this fucking song

vice.com/read/behind-the-music-with-hype-williams

was this really written by him?

how is this at all lazy? this is brilliant sampling. it recontextualizes the original song wonderfully.