Looking to start a Residents-like "Music from a vacuum" type project with literally any of you

I can't find anyone in real life and I'm burning daylight so would anyone on here be willing to make something ambitious with me? I just want to make music from the perspective of doing fucking anything with anything at all and trying to create something completely interesting and unique, not necessarily pretentious but at least just something that creates its own space rather than existing in already explored territory.
tl;dr I just want to make completely unique music with anybody and I can't find anyone, anybody help me please?

Like we can message audio files back and forth to each other, each time adding/editing it? I don't fucking know but it'd still be better than what I'm doing now.

Basically my influences are experimental rock and so on, but as long as there's merit in what I'm doing and the music is being made out of the interest of the musician and not the listener, then I'm pretty okay with whatever.

posting generic image to grab attention

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/x0oayz5k
clyp.it/t1igd3v0
juliawinters.bandcamp.com/releases
windowlistener.bandcamp.com
nessau.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/red-violet-545337832
clyp.it/ebavg5yk
u.pomf.is/hleeiv.m4a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump because i will be know as bumping a legendary thread.

thxx

what the fuck, bump

>Replies: 3
>Posters: 2

Stop samefagging

Sounds great,
do you need any electronic work?
I am only saying this due to the fact I make pure experimental electronic

Do you have any of your music you could share?

oh, and you can reach me at:
[email protected]

whats stopping you from stealing my ideas and getting rich off me

I'm down, I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. what kind of music are you into OP?

because your ideas are shit

I am very interested OP

b8 or just really stupid. oh well.
Here's your (You)

Did you fucking think I didn't know that was obvious? Two from me one from another guy, Jesus
I mean yeah sure why not, I want to take as much as I can from as wide of a spectrum of sounds as I can with this I feel like, what are you into?
Yeah sure
This is the first two tracks from my album I've been slowly working on for like 2 years not, first noisy part is intended as a cold open to throw the listener off guard (especially as it transitions into the more conventional second song).

clyp.it/x0oayz5k

And this is the unfinished intended closer to the album, still needs snare and vocal overdubs as well as probably a lot more things, ending part is the main reason I'm posting this here as I'm pretty proud of it
clyp.it/t1igd3v0

word, might actually do that for real, thanks

Fuck it, my email is [email protected]
Don't anybody send me weird shit

I'm into experimental rock generally, my deepest influences are like Sonic Youth, Pixies, Duster and Swans but I really want to try doing something as ambitious as I can do, something along the ethos of what The Residents did I guess. There's a lot I'm not well-versed in but I like to think this limitation can work for my advantage.

i have a pretty normal taste in the sense of an avantteen RYM taste

but my music isn't really influenced by many things/people

sent you an email

Good shit dude

What do you mean by residents type music? Like perversions of many genres or certain conceptual ideas?

Fuck it, this could be fun as fuck. I do noise shit, mostly with tape and fx loops.

Don't record anything really but you should have a central email that people can apply to

he put up his email here I do noisy shoegaze shit and I've already sent him an email, how fucking cool would a noise collective formed out of a Sup Forums thread be

I probably won't fit in with your guys, but I will soon have an acoustic upright piano in my garage, with a decent mic to record. I mostly play boogie woogie, ragtime, have some classical and prog rock inspired piano writings of my own. all of that fun novelty stuff, i play a lot of beach boys too

I can write piano arrangments for anyones compositions, and I have about an hour or so of noise music I have made of my own at my disposal!

Feel free to shoot me an email OP.

I throat sing and play violin hmu

I'd be interested in hearing some of your recordings especially the noise stuff if you can post any

Sounds exciting OP, if I had any musical experience I'd be glad to participate. I'll bump this though.

>in the sense of an avantteen RYM taste
honestly I'm super okay with that, that's a better step in my direction than most mindsets I've run across in real life
>but my music isn't really influenced by many things/people
Super cool with this too, I actually like that kind of mindset a lot
Sweet, I can't check yet but I will later
Sweet dude, I'm really into loops so down with that haha

FUCKING BUMP YOUR SUPER BIG THREAD YOU FUCKING DILLDO.

juliawinters.bandcamp.com/releases
sorry for the late reply, here you go.

This stuff I have recently become not too proud of, its very progressive but sometimes I think it has no real structure

Let me know what you think my dude

yaaaass more noise

Great shit man, I like the "drop" around 5:30 on the first track. Gonna download them when I get on my cpu, really enjoy noise paired with a piano

holy fuck this is great

oh shit, we were supposed to post our material?
well:
windowlistener.bandcamp.com
Recent release isn't really representative of what I do most of the time

What program do you use to make the sounds on osen formation?

Thanks, my entire sense of confidence revolves around internet feedback so 3 nice comments in a row is great.

Thanks again, I plan on taking my gimmick of piano and noise as something to stick by, and I even plan on making a "piano shoegaze" album where I would layer a bunch of different piano tracks with varying effects and filters to give it a somber atmosphere

as far i am concerned OP can take any of my material and use it for this project however he wants

forgot to put my name back on

is me

I used db_glitch (multiple layers of it, combined with odd rhythms and odd time signatures), though most of the sound is through samples of unreleased music that I've made

OP I'm interested in this. Only have one album on bandcamp but I'll be uploading more material soon which is pretty different. I'm computarded so I primarily use standard instruments and vinyl sampling but I'd be down to contribute

nessau.bandcamp.com

Love the sampling along with piano parts, really good. Ethereal

I admire this glitch stuff but to inept to make it. Gonna check out all your stuff

I'll do it. Just wanna know how and where to send the files.

hey all again, bumping this, not able to reply at the moment but I will soon

Bump

bump

This seems fun.
Here is my soundcloud of weird trash. Would love to collaborate with some anons.

nice soundcloud dude

your soundcloud is dope

Thanks man. Here it is again.
soundcloud.com/red-violet-545337832

bump

Cool man I like it

definitely digging this, definitely interested in this kind of thing
one thing that I like doing is creating droney soundscapes and abstract sounds (kind of like the ones you posted) but then using them to tie together different musical ideas, I like the idea of having a concept in mind with an intention (which with this the creative process can be more consistent) as well as the opposite of this, letting things naturally fall into place and not overthinking every step (which with this, I feel like things that come about approaches like this which happen to be substantially good seem to add up to be even more worthwhile than the more concrete ideas with concepts). There's a lot in the music you posted that I could see working with an album on a larger scale, though at the same time I do love albums that just jump from one place to another (Donuts, The Faust Tapes, Third Side of Tape)
definitely dig this kind of noise stuff too, I would absolutely love to see how this could mix with the kind of stuff posted.
Same with you, I would really love to hear what could be heard with combined efforts with the kind of stuff and posted, with your stuff specifically it makes me think it could help achieve the kind of ideas of the pic related album
feel free to message me anything you want in my post with the email here same with you too dude, and digging your soundcloud stuff also, like all the other guys I'd love to see that work with all the other stuff

My email: [email protected]

Great thread OP I hope we can bring something to fruition, would love to collab with any and all of you.

Also I put out tapes in southern New England and am open to doing splits with anyone interested, just shoot me an email

I emailed you, but it wouldn't hurt to post this here too. this is the kind of thing that I make:

clyp.it/ebavg5yk

[email protected]

this seems really cool, and i'm liking a lot of what's been posted.

i don't have a soundcloud/bandcamp, but here's a recording i did (with a laptop mic, so bear with the shite quality) using a loop pedal and a metal file (pic related) like a violin bow.

u.pomf.is/hleeiv.m4a

Good thread bump

so are all the people gonna be put in a large group in email, or something like that?

that's a good question, i don't know. i'm and i'd probably need to get a real mic to be of any real help, but the organization does sorta need to be figured out.

btw i'd love some feedback on that recording :)

Really cool sound. You should use that technique again with more layers and stuff and you'd have a sick track. I like making noise/experimental music through weird methods, with different objects and stuff. I did a cool live jam once playing synth with my feet while eating pineapple with a contact mic on the fork.

i respect that you did this, but goddamn, i'm laughing my ass off at the image of anyone doing that in front of an audience. i hope it sounded cool, tho.

also, thanks. once i get a mic, i'll be able to do layers more effectively. It's kinda tricky fucking with levels on a loop pedal.