mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Continued from

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/cflsbqc0
youtube.com/watch?v=eCunwZEbEMs
reverb.com/au/item/147214-reverend-limited-edition-tricky-gomez-gold-metal-flake
youtube.com/watch?v=hrmrwF4aUW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

onna order a warmoth neck to transfer my tele's scale length to 24.5.Should I change the neck to mahogany with rosewood fretboard or should continue using maple neck?

what color is it

Bump

hog necks are softer, not sure if there's a tone difference though

maple is the best. using soft wood for necks is a meme

fretboard is preference but yeah maple is still best

please do not encourage off-topic discussion. This thread is about guitar, this board is about music. /lit/ is a great board, check it out.

is the epiphone les paul standard a good beginner guitar?

they are not suitable for people with little strength on left hands,and their bridge are pretty hard to adjust to get comfortable setup for a beginner

It's not horrible but it ain't great as far as guitars in that range go.

is walnut neck a meme?what fretboard material is good for walnut neck?

Everyone I know who purchased an epiphones les Paul as a beginner ended up quitting guitar altogether only a few years in.

I don't know if it says something about the kind of people who buy them, or the guitar itself.

I would stray away from LPs though, find them extremely uncomfortable to play. There's the awful body shape which just doesnt sit right, the weird short scale, the tuneomatic bridge and etc.

just kill yourself now

had that guitar for the first 3 years of playing and i absolutely hate it by now. playabillity is aweful. and if you decide to get it do yourself a favour and spent an extra 150 or so on two good pickups, the stock ones are muddy as fuck.

Am I the only one that thinks that Jags and Mememasters cover all the tonal ground that a Strat does and sound better doing it?

Also, where does a mustang fit in all of this?

>gear
Fender 72' thinline tele reissue
Martin X-000CE
Epiphone hummingbird pro
Big baby Taylor
Shitty squier strat
Fender hot rod deluxe
Marshall JCM-800
numerous pedals I don't feel like listing
>desired gear
Martin d-100 because fuck the poor
>how long have you been playing
17 years
>Fav guitars
ES-335
Telecaster
>fav guitarist
Clapton
>projects
Currently writing a rock opera because reasons.

Just picked up pic related a few hours ago. Had a bunch of gear stolen years ago and then hit a patch of poorfag for a while. Finally being able to afford somewhat decent gear again is so nice.

Thoughts on the fender modern player line? The tele looks nice

if you can find used and it plays well and you like it, buy it. if the place you buy it from has good return policy and you're willing to pay return shipping back, buy it online.

I wouldn't buy one used unless I could try it out though. For me, they sit somewhere between a Squier and a MIM Fender. Finish and build quality is probably flashier than a MIM or Squier, but not necessarily better.

And I think a Classic Vibe tele is miles better than a Modern Player, if only for the tonerider pups which are killer and the vintage feel.

you are.
when you're playing clean or with just a bit of fuzz the strat has these beautiful vibrant tones with that top end sparkle a mememaster and a jag doesnt quite have. especially for lead types of sounds. though when you play more of a rythm guitar for certain styles the memeaster an jag might fit a tad bit better. atleast when we're talking grunge. for shoegaze it kind of depends which kind you're going for and for post rock lead tones the strat is really fucking good. my favourite post/math rock band has a memeaster ryythm and strat lead and that is a really good mix imo. but you also often see tele lead and some humbucker type as rythm when it comes to math rock atleast. i'd think of the strat more as a lead type guitar unless its the only guitar, while the memes fit better in the mix as rythm guitar with someone else playing lead..

Proof that you are not all gear and no play by posting a clip of your playing.

clyp.it/cflsbqc0

>when you're playing clean or with just a bit of fuzz the strat has these beautiful vibrant tones with that top end sparkle a mememaster and a jag doesnt quite have

I always thought quite the opposite. To me a Jag and Jazzmaster sound more harmonically complex while a strat sounds tinny. well, not really tinny, but I feel like the strat is a blank slate. in other words, tone is reliant on the dynamics of the player more than anything.

Good idea, let's all put on tripcodes too, credibility is important. After all, it's who says it that matters, not what is said.

Of course clyps are good in general though.

I thought this when I started guitar. After a lot of fooling around with pickups and pickup configurations I realized that flat strat tone is the middle+neck position. The other positions are actually pretty good, or at least they aren't that generic sound.

The position 2 is really popular. It's actually really useful for its flatness sometimes.

>Martin
>good

Pick one. Taylor or nothing.

Reminder that if your acoustic doesn't have a trapeze it will eventually die of bridge lift no matter what you do

Maybe I'm just fat, but it's way too warm to have a slab of wood strapped to your body for several hours per day.

I hate taylor shills, I'm not paying over 600 bucks for a bolt on acoustic

>he doesn't know the joy of Hawaiian shirts

I can sit here shirtless and it's still too warm, I doubt a hawaiian shirt will help.

taylors have no balls

It helps more over time, y'know? If you go shirtless the whole day it makes a bigger difference.

Also, your body heats up when you digest food. Try to eat less in summer.

this

>eat less
>fat
I see a common enemy.

i play a reverend jetstream 390 through an orange amp

prove it

You're fucking high man. Taylor makes alright guitars but I'm sorry, $1000+ for a bolt on acoustic? Fuck that, for that kind of money you're so much better off buying a Martin.

Stay mad

Cringey? Or the most romantic thing you've ever seen?

Cringey? Or the most romantic thing you've ever seen?

youtube.com/watch?v=eCunwZEbEMs

Shit tone 2bh

underaged leave this website

>this much projection
>if i say he's underage maybe no one will suspect me of being underage

The fact that they're playing guitar is the only good part about it.
Who knows, music might save an otherwise normal marriage where the two slowly come to resent each other and/or have kids.
Take up a morphine addiction instead, shit's relatively safe, easier and safer to get than heroin, and actually makes you feel good after it's emptied your pockets.
Don't do marriage kids, it's an uninspiring blackhole that leads to repressed depression, anger and boredom. As soon as you say your vows you might as well shoot yourself in the head, it'll make the rest of your life a lot easier.
Source: my dads life

And yea, what this guy said: shit tone

Cringey. But I hope I meet someone in my life that makes feel like that doing things like that's a good idea.

bump

this video just made me hate guitars

whaddya think of piezo acoustic guitars like these? will be picking one up tomorrow.

>reverend
Huh, my friend has a reverend
reverb.com/au/item/147214-reverend-limited-edition-tricky-gomez-gold-metal-flake

>1 of 13 in that color
neat

>ywn be able to afford an orange mustang

I love my epiphone les paul, but I got a 60s tribute plus which has Gibson pickups.

>buy squier mustang
>Refinish yourself

Problem solved. Its ridiculously easy

Ditch the Epi. I don't understand why people keep so many redundant guitars around unless it was their first.

I actually just bought a Squier. I just really don't want to end up half assing it like 90% of home refinishers.

different tunings and different sounds. Though you wouldn't be off base if someone has several guitars with the same pickup configuration

It's not as hard as you think. You just scuff the surface (don't take the finish down to the wood) and you basically have a perfectly smooth surface to apply a new color.

You could practice refinishing something else to get the hang of it.

I'll try it if I get to bored of blue. Thrift store furniture would probably be my trial run.

Next guitar is a gonna be a Squier classic vibe stratocaster. Already have a shecter and Washburn.

>tfw really want a strat
>tfw even mexican ones are 450-500$ here second hand
deliver me from this feel

> using jaguar before it became cool

mexican strats are shit. Get a Tokai or something-

There's a tokai for the same price, though it's not in my city and I couldn't see it. It's a ST100 and I was thinking of getting that.

Is it possible to get an acoustic-like tone from a semi-hollow guitar and clean channel amp? Also another thing to add here; which type of strings would go well for a sound like that if nickel wound strings won't work?

lift = tone

red label yamaha fg 75 (i think year 1967). it's my workout guitar. action isn't so high towards the nut and it actually sounds AMAZING but as you can see it's destroying itself, like a star.

I noodle this bitch constantly it makes playing my electrics a breeze

I've played multiple Tokais and they're pretty good desu, really great quality.

Only concern I'd have is it being a fake. Though I don't think they really make Tokai fakes right?

needs more blast beats. plen wedding

also add brutal vox with killer highs and lows

/good morning/

Hey /gg/

Don't know if you can help me, but i've been playing guitar for like 9 years, and after only playing on western guitars and e-guitars for that long, while initially having started out on a classical guitar, i really, really want to buy one (a classical guitar).

Only problem is that i don't any respectable good classical guitar brands. I heard Cordoba is good, but they mainly make Flamenco guitars, which i guess could work but i'm worried about too bright sound and string buzzing.

Any other brands i should be looking at?

You will never reach enlightenment, user.

You can't post that and not tell me what the hell is going on.

keep those stickers away from that fucking guitar

Don't worry famalam, they're for cars. I just set them down there.

/Good Morning/

Who else here once bought an extremy heavy guitar because of retardation?

When i was 16 or so i bought a Stratocaster model (not Fender) and i liked it so much that i completely ignored how much it weighed. It was heavy as fuck. Can't even stand while playing it for more than 15 minutes.

Rest in peace, 500$. Regrets.

Why are single coil pickups so best?

They have more mojo per ohm.

good moanin
youtube.com/watch?v=hrmrwF4aUW0

i'm torn between those guitars. what i want is

>orange color on right
>WITH matching headstock like left
>WITH single coils like left
>WITH a plain pickguard

Hit me with a photo with coffee for the collage.

do you know if you could put your guitars neck on a fender type body?

If you love the way it plays slap the neck and all the shit on another strat body it might work out for you.

Senpai, it's been like 9 years since i bought it, since then i've bought 2 new, better guitars, but i still regret that purchase to this day

>dealing with it for 9 years
>Not selling or body swapping
>still bitching about it.

Come on, man.

What?
I've not been dealing with it for 9 years. I bought a different guitar 3 years after that and never touched it again. I'm literally just saying that i regret that purchase that i made when i was young and dumb. What's wrong with you?

Why would i bodyswap some shitty 500$ guitar anyways?

Im a beginner
Only played for few months but Im stuck and cant find any new songs to learn

recommend me some beautiful music/songs with no vocals

>Why would i bodyswap some shitty 500$ guitar anyways?

Because it's fun. You might learn a new skill.

If you regret the purchase and never play the guitar, why not sell it?

You're literally here stewing about a problem you've done nothing to fix senpai.

i need a really, really long E string for my 27" scale Lindell VN-2

an ernie ball 10 gauge string is long enough to wrap around the peg once. bright side is no clipping necessary.

No, i'm just talking about regrets from the past

I have lots of small regrets, they are my guitar collection. I just wish I saved for something really nice instead of a bunch of mid range guitars

Are these pretty much just speakers that generate a nature plate reverb?

Sure, here you go.

how's the jet city treatin you?
was looking at one a few months back, kinda regret not getting it

>ampeg bass guitar
wew, you don't see many of those. How do they sound?

Wanna buy my Mustang? Then you will have three red mustangs, collect the set!

Its a pretty solid one channel amp, takes pedals really well, not my main amp but I do enjoy it and won't get rid of it.

I'd love more Mustangs, but not another red one, a vintage burst or a light green or blue would be nice.

It's actually an Eastwood, they do lots of recreations of weird guitars from the 60s, sadly I don't have the thousands of dollars you need to buy the real thing. I'd recommend Eastwood though, good value and something a bit different from the usual big names.

holy shit, that's an ugly bass

bass
>all those pedals

Yeah, their airline series is pretty nuts