OK KID

Which album is better overall in your opinion and why?

>Favorite Tracks
>Least Favorite Tracks

And if your favorite is neither one of these, explain why you like that album.

Kid A, because it is sonically superior, has no filler, is more challenging and has the better cover artwork. Kid A also has more thoughtful lyrics.
Favorite Tracks: Kid A, The National Album, How To Disappear Completely, Optimistic, Motion Picture Soundtrack

Kid A. It's highs aren't as high, but it's one of the most consistent albums I've ever heard. I love OK Computer too, but Fitter Happier and Electioneering both mess up the flow of the album (don't get me wrong, I do think both songs are pretty good).

>Favorite tracks
Karma Police and How to Disappear Completely
>Least favorite tracks
Electioneering and Morning Bell (if I had to choose)

Kid A. Better aesthetic, more cohesive and consistent, and overall more innovation and more emotion.

Also tackles much more profound issues that ok computer.

Both work for me, they're very much brother and sister records, Kid A taking place in an entirely different part of Radiohead's life and tastes.

>sonically superior
>more challenging

Kid A, for the reasons that everybody else has listed.
>Favorite Tracks
Paranoid Android and The National Anthem
>Least Favorite Tracks
Electioneering and Treefingers

It's undeniably more challenging structurally and musically. Songs progress linearly as opposed to verse-chorus-verse, there's avant-garde jazz, ambience, warped and chopped-up vocals, and more.

>more complex = better

pls go

Not saying that's why it's better, but it is more daring.

I agree with everything you said pretty much. It is a very consistent album which makes it so great and why I like it so much. OK Computer is nice, and I've listened to it countless times, but Fitter Happier just seems like an idea for a song that should've been just that, an idea and nothing else. I don't mind Electioneering at all really.

>Favorite Tracks
No Surprises and Optimistic

>Least Favorite Tracks
Fitter Happier and Morning Bell

OK Computer, anyone who says otherwise is a tasteless pleb

>fav tracks
Let Down
Idioteque

>least fav
Fitter Happier
The Nation Anthem

We should now talk about how Amnesiac is better than both.

Amnesiac is undercooked brown water. It's not even close.

I can't believe you've said this.

OKC, felt like there was more to offer. I like Kid A but OKC's best tracks were better than Kid A's best tracks.

why did you draw on ok computer

I just found the image on Google. Didn't even notice the block until now.

Kid A cuz its betta

you've never seen a selly-ester wattsfield before?

I think I've listened to OK Computer more, but Kid A hit me stronger emotionally for a longer period of time. Both records are almost neck and neck.

Kid A edges out for feeling more cohesive and being a record that transports you into another realm almost. It creates a world and keeps you there before releasing you gently with Motion Picture Soundtrack (Ladies and Gentlemen... and Tago Mago are other albums that do this for me).

>Favorite tracks
Kid A: Idioteque, In Limbo, MPS
OKC: Paranoid Android, Let Down, Karma Police
>Least favorite tracks
Kid A: Optimistic, but only because I love it the least.
OKC: Electioneering (again, just least favorite, I still love it), fitter happier if it counts (I've heard it enough times so I usually skip it)

I agree with you on that. I've listened to OK Computer more, but there's this connection I have with the music on Kid A that has a stronger impact on me.They're both great albums, but I think I like Kid A more because of the better consistency.