Coolest looking album covers

Coolest looking album covers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=saZfPUa9jd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws82rXrjBOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thread is closed, you can all go home now.

Despite the content of the album, I actually like this cover

but you forgot the best one

Bumps

I really like Gorillaz, but I don't really like the whole cartoon-ey thing, makes the album seem less serious to me

>I really like Gorillaz
>I don't really like the whole cartoon-ey thing

That one was cool too, gotta admit

?

I think they make great music, but the cartoon personas and album covers and shit kind of turns me off

the flipbook that comes with the CD is pretty neat

What turns you on then baby?

you

I think the cartoon aspects are for kids. I can appreciate Gorillaz but I think I'd like them far more if I were younger and not really thinking about the fact that Damon Albarn is the one really making the music.

I really don't like the balance on the composition of this cover. What is there so much emphasis on the water? It's just empty boring space.

Because it doesn't matter. That's the point of the band.
Only the press and Damon fans care about him more than the whole project.

stop putting this fucking cancer album everywhere, there's nothing good about it

I used to be really into Gorillaz when I was younger, and even then, it never really felt to me like the "intention" of the project was to accentuate the cartoon characters as the actual "band". I think that's just the visual accompaniment they chose for the project, and nobody is expected to imagine the characters as being behind the music, really

Wasn't it at least partially though? I mean, if you look at the promotional material they've released throughout the years, they're showcasing the animated band.

I get the feeling Damon was pretty happy with the fame blur got him, and started gorillaz to be able to work with a lot of different musicians without ending up front and center. I always thought of gorillaz the same way I thought of Daft Punk's headwear, just a way to push the music, not yourself.

There's a nice night version too.

This version's better

Damon or Hewlett I can't remember which said that they wanted kids to just see the characters they made as the band.

>youtube.com/watch?v=saZfPUa9jd0
4:27
It was jamie

The reason that gorillaz has cartoon personas is to formulate popstars the way that the team behind the music felt should be done. Gorillaz came in an era where superstar 'musicians' plagued the charts (and still do today). They felt that it was more about the identity than the music, somewhat like characters that had a 'narrative arc' etc. etc. They wanted to build popstars that cared about music and weren't flooded by the press, so what they decided to do was make them cartoons
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws82rXrjBOI

Thanks mate that's just the clip I was thinking of.

WELL IF THE LADIES THINK I'M STUCK UP

I TELL 'EM SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Always really liked this one.

Anything by Roger Dean, really

Black Metal objectively has the best covers

Tales from Topographic Oceans is one of my favorite covers ever.

This one's great as well

Solid album too

this
only reason i listened to this album in the first place

Obligatory

Like 2 decent songs
Neat album cover

by the way, is this one any good? i've heard some good things about it, but
>released in 1996

based