Me and a friend are going to try not to sleep for 50 straight hours...

Me and a friend are going to try not to sleep for 50 straight hours, which means we'll have a lot of time to listen to music.
Any recommendations?

Coil's Discography

Rockabye baby

Why are you trying not to sleep for 50 straight hours?

Also, if you're that sleep-deprived, your probably not going to want to listen to music. It'll get on your wick. Trust me, I've had insomnia enough times to know.

you do you

Why would you do such a thing ?

We never did and want to see what happens, whether we're going to hallucinate or what. It's summer, we have a lot of free time

Sorry for your insomnia problem, user
We'll see how it goes for us, but I'll keep that in mind

will check out, thanks!

Deep Turtle - Turkele

Listen to it if you start to feel sleepy

>We never did and want to see what happens, whether we're going to hallucinate or what. It's summer, we have a lot of free time

It will be very unpleasant. If you want to hallucinate just get some mushrooms or lsd like a normal person.

>It will be very unpleasant.
He's a big guy.

Primus - Pork Soda.

>just get some mushrooms or lsd like a normal person
Or if you really wanna hallucinate get some robotussin or dxm, which I'd imagine is a similar experience to sleep deprived hallucinations since theyre both deleriants

The amount of armchair psychonautics in this is staggering.

DXM is a dissociative, like ketamine and MXE, and is the active ingredient in robitussin (it should be the only one, if you don't want to vomit a lot and/or die). Dissociatives don't cause hallucinations unless you're doing high doses. If you are looking for a hallucinogen that won't cause you to get sick and forget it at the end of the trip, regular psychedelics are much better.

Deliriants are things like datura and diphenhydramine (Benadryll).

>We never did and want to see what happens, whether we're going to hallucinate or what. It's summer, we have a lot of free time

I did this when I was twelve during the summer. I didn't sleep for three and a half days.

It is not fun, and not in a way that is worth it. You're going to do it anyway, but you shouldn't.

You will become delusional, paranoid, irritable, unhappy, uncomfortable, and overall fucked over.

And music is unhelpful for trying to stay awake. After the second day, anything you were using to keep yourself up will only lull you to sleep as your mind gets entrained by the simple distraction. Even loud music does not work.

I slept for five or six hours over four days and I felt like complete shit by the end of it.
>me and a friend
A friend and I-
Good luck fucking up your sleep schedule and being miserable.

have fun with sleeping for a whole day after its all over

While being awake will be total shit, that sleep will probably get the close he gets to actually "tripping"; sleep deprivation means that your brain forces it to catch up on the lack of REM on the next sleep cycle, so pretty much the entirety of that cycle will be dreams.

Incoherent, probably unpleasant dreams.

Motorhead

Lemmy went a week without sleeping due to the good speed he was taking

you'll be fine.

Oh yeah, this will be easier if you do some stims. I took a bunch of ritalin one time and didn't sleep for about 18 hours after I took it

Holy shit

Eventually you crash, so unless you plan to reup every ten hours or so, it's not good for staying up.

OP here, friend and I are still going to go for it, but we lowered the minimum amount of hours to 32

noted, ty

don't be so stupid to do that

32 is completely manageable, and admittedly the sleep deprivation by that point can be somewhat enjoyable, you get loopy as opposed to crazy.

What are you and your friend retarded

This.

Here are your recommendations OP

That's my alarm in the morning.

Dxm is not a deliriant it's a dissociative anesthetic.

If you want to hallucinate you will need to stay up for closer to seventy two hours.

just listen your favorite things. noisy, loud things will make you sleep.

OP do you have any amphetamines? if so this will not just be easy as fuck, but you're more likely to have shadow distortions and see things out of the corners of your eyes. Just saying dude, amps are fun and music makes them better. t.former meth head, current prescription head. Zach Hill has a lot of good shit to listen to whilst on this kind of "trip" if you want to call it that.

Why 50 hours? That seems like a really arbitrary number, why not just 48?