/Grimes General/

Discuss about the cool and talented Grimes.

>How did you find her music?
>Favorite songs?
>Rank her albums
>Did you see her live? If yes, how it was?
>What do you expect from her next album?

vimeo.com/164942263

Other urls found in this thread:

opener.onet.tv/
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
vancouverobserver.com/blogs/music/growing-grimes
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
youtube.com/watch?v=5T719PNbuPg
twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/749244820804235265
twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/749221365094424577
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums, stay tuned: livestream incoming in few hours.

opener.onet.tv/

>2016
>still liking grimes

the arrival of newfag normies on Sup Forums.

She did a good album by accident which was very influential but now the kind of music she made became gimmicky boring pop.

>2016
>still hating grimes
Enough said.

when tf is that hammer user gonna man up and deliver?

twenty one pilots are better than grimes, prove me wrong

Protip: you cant

She's like an autistic version of carly

>being a basic Clairebasher

Grimes > 21 Pilots

Carly is too mainstream / poppy to be compared to Grimes.

>Carly is too mainstream / poppy to be compared to Grimes.
yet AA is basic bubblegum pop

why do Grimes fans live in such denial?
she had a great thing going on and then she completely sold out to Jay-Z's illuminati cock

>she will never make a great album again
at least we have Jessy Lanza, even tho prime Grimes was better imo

Does anyone have the full and readable article?
It's clearly from NME, but i only found the small sized version

>sold out
lol just because she's bigger than Ariel Pink, doesn't mean she's sold out. Claire is Master of her own art. H8ers really need to go to Hell.

>yet AA is basic bubblegum pop
Wot? It's great pop, not bubblegum pop. And def. not basic, there's a lot of stuff going on these tracks.

>she had a great thing going on and then she completely sold out to Jay-Z's illuminati cock
You're stupid. She signed to Roc Nation (mgmt company) but she has complete artistic freedom. She does whatever she wants in terms of music.

>at least we have Jessy Lanza, even tho prime Grimes was better imo
Jessy Lanza, that one that delivered a boring album quite recently? If you want to be a hipster go on, listen to that boring ass music and let the people with good taste to listen to Grimes (which is way more exciting).

Plus Claire always loved pop music and she did a pop masterpiece (Art Angels). Not only that she earned a lot of fans and critical acclaim but her live shows became really energetic and exciting. These AA songs fit perfectly on her live shows. Just see her Glastonbury performance on the BBC site.

Post her hairy armpits, forearms, legs, mustache or unibrow please, thanks!

and a readable one? it looks like ir's a very interesting interview

if grimes wasn't such a tryhard insufferable cunt then yeah she'd be pretty cool but nope she isn't
music is pretty good though

embarrassing tbqh

>yet AA is basic bubblegum pop
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU

I'd love to hear your take on what ISN'T bubblegum pop music.

He listened to Flesh Without Blood only and concluded that the whole album is bubblegum pop. People don't have any patience these days...

lmao pop masterpiece he said
AOTY 2015 he said

grimesfags everybody

>tryhard insufferable cunt
Holy shit, did you just call the nicest artist ever like that? Tell me what's so insufferable about her?

She's a really chill, nice, kind person. Watch any interview with her.

AA is AOTY 2015, like it or not.

21 pilots > grimeth

grimeth with a bag over her head > 21 pilots
otherwise yeah you're right

>1. Julia Holter: Ekstasis
Grimes confirmed master patrician

>A fairly regular Vancouver kid, with interests like anime, Harry Potter and Mariah Carey, it was during her adolescence that, as Garossino puts it, “something very strange happened.”

>“She changed into some kind of super-brain, exploring the internet all the time.”

>Teenage Boucher’s obsessions ranged from space travel, to the twelfth-century composer Abbess Hildegard von Bingen, to Russian existentialist lit. She crushed so hard on Dostoyevsky that she even flew to St. Petersburg to attend an intensive Russian immersion.

>But as with Grimes’ music, Boucher preferred autodidactism. Garossino recalls hearing Boucher teach one of Chopin’s nocturnes to herself, bar by bar. But only through the wall—at the time, Boucher had too much stage fright to even play the piano in front of her mother.

>“Something that people don't understand about Claire is her searing intellect and focus,” Garossino said. “Whenever you think you've figured her out, she's already three moves ahead. Things are never what they seem.”

>Her mother related how at McGill, the wunderkind wanted to take physics, but couldn’t stand introductory courses. Instead, Boucher entered higher-level classes and studied the prerequisite material at the same time. “She would nearly kill herself studying—surviving on almost no sleep for weeks at a time.”

>“And that's how she makes music today. In long, solitary blasts of blistering intensity.”

all that and she goes and makes pleb shit like art angels tf who wrote this xd

Art Angels is patrician pop. It's so much above the mainstream pop, it's ridiculous. Patrician means special, so if you think that AA is pleb (common), name a similar album. Now.

>inb4 pop isn't patrician

>all that and she goes and makes pleb shit like art angels tf who wrote this xd

The song 'Easily' is a direct lyrical adaptation of the ending scene from Eugene Onegin. Please define 'pleb'.

>tf who wrote this
Her mother, you idiot. It's an excerpt from an article: vancouverobserver.com/blogs/music/growing-grimes

patrician pop is not a genre, you just tacked the word patrician on, which by the way does not mean "special." It comes from the root patr- which entailed having a noble father.

>Please define 'pleb'.
I think he defines it as stuff he doesn't like. He doesn't like AA, it must be pleb. Way too many morons think about themselves they're patricians when they're actually the plebiest of plebs.

>patrician pop is not a genre, you just tacked the word patrician on, which by the way does not mean "special." It comes from the root patr- which entailed having a noble father.
Did I say it's a genre? It's just a description. Actually there's no genre containing the word patrician, so your point is invalid.

Art Angels is great, but it's her worst

It's her second best after Visions.

Sup Forums not getting pop music. Is that surprising?

>grimse will never realese that scrapped lp

>second best after Visions
>not second best after Halfaxa
what a pleb

After I smell her butthole

Only a contrarian would disagree that Visions is her best album.

claire is her bitch confirmed

Only a pleb would disagree that Halfaxa is her best album.

NASTY

man, I've seen this meme thousands of times

we all know Claire is a fucking awful pleb, just look at her Amoeba video

which song is her worst?

California

>Carly is too mainstream / poppy

You have to be popular to be that.

You missed the point: that it's not her entire taste, just a small part of it. Unlike you, Grimes is honest about her music taste; she also likes Aphex Twin, Cocteau Twins, The KLF, Depeche Mode, Smashing Pumpkins, Beyonce, Lana Del Rey, Outkast, Panda Bear, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tool, kpop, Skinny Puppy, Nine Inch Nails, Drake, Mariah Carey. A real patrician is confident and doesn't give a fuck about other's opinions about their taste.

that is still some entry-level shit

So full pleb, huh?

Favriel. I don't like it.

www.last.fm/user/chairmandore/

still proving my point that she is a filthy pleb

Entry level? Are you fucking kidding me? How many regular people are listening to all these artists? That is good music regardless of your opinions. To be a patrician it's not required to listen to obscure shit no one ever heard of. Patrician =/= hipster.

Forgot about this: that it's just the tip of the iceberg. Here's a more detailed view of her taste: last.fm/user/chairmandore/library

What do you say about this?

>last.fm
>not pleb

Nothing but trash

i think they are baiting and you're kinda fool

Saw her live this past May. Had to leave early cause Denzel Curry was playing at the same time, but it was a great show! Definitely a highlight and one of the best shows I've been to this year.

>still proving my point that she is a filthy pleb
Cheap trolling. You don't believe that. Just how many girls do you know that are listening to Fennesz, Madlib, Autechre, Broadcast and Russian classical music?

>“One of the most intense experiences of my life was when, do you know Arvo Pärt? I did acid and I put on his album and I climbed the mountain [Montreal’s central Mount Royal] and it was in like, four feet of snow, and it was the most glorious life-changing experience of my life. I climbed straight up, and I hurt myself; I was covered in blood when I came down. I was soaking wet and covered in blood and people were just staring at me but it was like…cause I was climbing on the rocks, cause I just climbed straight up and I was falling and it was cold so I couldn’t feel it, so I was like cutting myself on everything.”

why is she so perfect?

patrician-non patrician are stupid things that Sup Forums and /lit/ seem obsessed with
she's way above that

>why is she so perfect?
No one is like her. Many Sup Forumstants hate her because she's truly patrician unlike them who are plebs pretending to be patricians. Isn't funny that a girl outsmarted all these hipsters?

youtube.com/watch?v=5T719PNbuPg

I don't listen to really obscure shit either, but come on, don't call that patrician, she doesn't even listen to metal and there's almost no jazz. Taste discarded.

I stopped shitting on mainstream music since I heard her opinion on the matter, she's so right about it

>listening to metal
>good taste
lmaaaaaaao

>she doesn't even listen to metal and there's almost no jazz. Taste discarded.
Metal is pleb af and she listens to a bit of jazz. Not much, but still. I don't think she truly hates a genre. She even likes country.

Grimes is not that kind of person who shoves her taste in your face. She likes a lot of stuff ranging from cheesy/uncool to avantgarde/sophisticated. She's pretty open minded about music.

Nasty

Funny. She feels the music so much.

>metal
>bad

discarding genres is what a true pleb does

Get a clue you moron. There's a huge world of music in metal you're missing because you're too lazy to appreciate it.

do you even avant-garde metal f a m

Good news for Grimesfans:

>we've finished shooting WP2! but we had so much fun that we're gonna start shooting for butterfly now so be prepared! :)

twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/749244820804235265

>he was shooting b roll 4 a video were doing for scream w @AristophanesTW

twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/749221365094424577

wew, what a fucking misogynist

>Grimes talking about her equipment and studio

stop, you've already done this

Me too, and I'm a highly trained classical musician/anti-contemporary (excepting anything to do with new wave) music snob.

>patrician-non patrician are stupid things that Sup Forums and /lit/ seem obsessed with
she's way above that
Repost from a previous thread:
>'[...] for me it’s not a contradiction to con- sume both high culture and Harry Potter or some Japanese mangas. Pop art still appeals to me the most. I guess it has to do with the way I grew up in the 2000s. I like to see a film like Kill Bill as much as I do like watching Solaris. Both experiences are potentially inspiring. Or take dancing: lots of people say that dancing is just a waste of time, but to me it marks a key difference between animals and human beings. It takes a high level of intelligence to interpret music, especially as something you can dance to. It’s spiritual. It’s liberating. If someone can make you dance to their music, it’s a pretty amazing skill. Same goes for all the pop art that touches you emotionally in a split second. I can’t see anything negative in that. I sometimes get the impression that people mistrust their feelings. I try not to do that, just like I try and trust simple ideas and things that are stripped down to the bare essentials. I think it’s a sign of having mastered something.'
>Are you referring to your own music?
>'Actually, I would say it’s true of the last Katy Perry record. There are so many people who call her songs easy and so cheap, but to use elements of pop that so many people have used before and still make such an amazing record—that’s awesome. I mean, her songwriting is really on parade, as is the production. A million people are trying to make pop songs all the time, and you’ll listen to all sorts of failed attempts on the radio every day. To succeed in a medium that everyone is working in is a huge achievement, if you ask me. It takes a lot of intelligence and talent for sure.'

How do you know that? Take a break from Grimes threads, bro.

i don't understand this image

she is my goddess

THE MEMES
she looks cute af here

You better die.

You are a pleb and so is she.

Fag

I want to be her god

for her to look upon me and covet me the way I coveted her. For her to look upon my form and be filled with an envy and a pure desire to worship me.

Music snobs pls die accordingly.

She's cool.

>You are a pleb and so is she.
And so is Quentin Tarantino.

"I don't believe in elitism. I don't think the audience is this dumb person lower than me. I am the audience." Quentin Tarantino

On the whole, I think I'm in good company.

>Album version Realiti 4:04 in

Ugh it's so good.

Might be the greatest song I've ever heard.

>tfw this general is worse than kpop and metal combined

So hide it. And go away. Quickly.