Now that the dust has settled...

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree its a so-so hip hop album propelled by being released at the height of the black lives matter movement?

are you on fucking meth?

a) this is one of their worst songs
b) on one of their worst albums
c) and they suck as a band in general

hes a really good rapper who can spit, and the album had some good vibes

Yes, I said this before too. GKMC is a much better album, it managed to convey roughly the same message as TPAB but it did it through subtlety and storytelling rather than just ham fisting it.

MUH DIK ITS A METAPHOR DUDE LMAO

Listen to "Good kid" it's lyrically better than any shit on tpab

Nah, it's actually just a great record

Don't know why this is so hard for some of you to accept

How are they the same message? GKMC emotionally laments the tragic state of Compton, TPAB goes full WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEEIT.

>WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEEIT

Can we kill this meme? That's a huge simplification of Kendrick's point.

It's OK

it's not

>Oh America, you bad bitch, I the picked cotton that made you rich

GKMC handled racism and why black teens get sucked into gang life in a very realistic way. TPAB was "aye man fuk whitey". The song Wesleys theory is fucking idiotic.

>yfw tpab lost to the literal opposite of blackness

Well I mean he isn't exactly wrong

Too bad she doesn't look like that anymore. Her feet are still perfect tho.

No racism in GKMC. I can't think of a single white person mentioned in the entire album. Or Hispanic for that matter even though there are plenty of them in Compton.

Kendrick has picked zero cotton in his life so yeah he is.

Not directly, but it's obviously still there. Who do you think he's talking about this whole album?

Gangs, peer pressure, black crime, a tragic state of affairs in Compton.

yo tru tbqh

But when it comes to white people, you are quick to take credit for all of the inventions and civilizations they've created.

Sup Forums is autistic.

>tu quoque

You don't know anything about me.

Kendrick didn't pick cotton and is trying to identify as a slave.

150 years after the slaves were freed no less

You do realize he's not literally saying that he picked cotton right?

k

Niggers say this all the time so it wouldn't be surprising if he believed the words that he, yes, literally said.

in all honesty this album is a strong 5 to a light 6/10. Fuck that song momma, its fucking trash, i dont care how deep it is, musically it sucks.

The ramifications of slavery on the black community still exist to this day and don't go away that quickly. People today were still alive during segregation and before blacks even had the right to vote. Crack epidemic etc..

Black communities of America are doing much better than the black communities of Africa. The net ramifications cannot be called anything but good.

To fully grasp the concept of rating such a lyrical genre such as rap you have to consider the other spectrum of the music. As such, little to no emphasis should be stressed on the lyrical themes and meaning when reviewing, but rather the musical integrity and technicality of the piece, such as the "flow", "delivery" and "production".

In that sense, TPAB is a solid 6.

"Slavery was good"

You don't have the balls to say that in real life kek.

I didn't say slavery was good. I said the descendants of slaves in America are far, far better off than descendants of free blacks in Africa.

"Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat!"
-Muhammad Ali

bump

>I didn't say slavery was good.

kek that's right. You just said the net ramifications of slavery cannot be called anything but good. that nuance totally saves your argument

lol yes Kendrick Lamar literally has false memories of living on a plantation and being whipped and picking cotton yes lol

lol

You can wordplay all you want. The fact that black people have overwhelmingly decided to stay in America over returning to Africa shows they agree with me. Slavery didn't work out so well for the slaves. It worked out wonderfully for their descendants.

So slavery was good in your opinion or not?

wasn't bad enough for them to leave the country

Good for whom?

except he explicitly talks about being racially profiled by police in good kid (the song)

Was it morally right or not? Answer the question

How's it idiotic? What do you think it says?

"It's racisms fault that I'm stupid with my money"

>generalizing white people
Every single nigger deserves to die, holy fucking shit.

>butthurt whitey detected

>nigger doesn't underage irony detected
Stay in school.

>>nigger doesn't underage irony detected

Can white people not form a coherent sentence or what?

See >Stay in school.
Fucking nigger.

>slavery is responsible for virtually every American achievement ever
It's crazy that progressives actually believe this. Like I'm not even joking, the guy I'm replying to truly believes that every non-black American who ever found even a modicum of success inside the United States owes at least a portion of it to a black person who was picked cotton 200 years ago

>doesn't underage irony

Redneck doesn't even know English.

kek

I gave it a listen for the first time last night and it wasn't bad. And you guys weren't kidding when you said it was Black Lives Matter: the Album.

I liked it well enough but just like every other Kendrick album doesn't have any bangers

See >nigger doesn't understand irony detected
Fucking nigger.

No

Wow, good job, took you three posts to finally get the spelling right. However that's still not a fully coherent sentence. It's missing multiple punctuation marks as well. Would you like help?

Yeah, you're deliberately phrasing its perceived meaning in the most uncharitable way possible. It sounds silly the way you put it, but no serious person would say sociological and historical factors don't have an effect on our use of money.

Kendrick acknowledges he acts impulsively and unsustainably. He's being self-critical. He's also examining how he got to be this way. One factor is his meager lifestyle prior to fame--if you've never been well off and suddenly you're rolling in cash, you're not going to behave responsibly with it. You're especially likely to screw up if you didn't receive an education. Another factor is how Kendrick's irresponsible behavior is enabled by callous individuals who only pretend to be looking out for his interests and are really taking advantage of his lack of education and his general state of mind.

It's honestly not even so-so, outside of a few tracks it is just plain bad. Moreover, those tracks are only listenable because of the musicians who actually made the music, not Kendrick's rapping. The racial politics are embarrassingly heavy-handed, and the actual quality of rapping is significantly worse than GKMC. Whenever rappers forgo technical skill in favor of an abstract themes they end up embarrassing themselves. I think Kendrick has read maybe five books in his entire life; he doesn't know to use a metaphor or symbolism or any kind of figurative language without directly explaining its usage to the high school dropout audience, or even worse, hiding behind some intentionally incoherent ambiguity which betrays that he doesn't even really know what he wants to say. The only way somebody could be impressed with this album is if they had never read a collection of poetry or taken a college level literature course, and think political relevance is more important than musical quality.

Fucking nigger.

I'm confused, what exactly did you detect? Nigger doesn't understand irony? I assume you mean a nigger who doesn't understand irony detected? Is that right?

See >nigger doesn't underage irony detected
Fucking nigger.

its a reall y good album

Are all white people this autistic?

You're honestly just as autistic for replying, perhaps even more so

Fucking nigger.

>You're honestly just as autistic for replying, perhaps even more so

Ironic

dont be racist please

>a terrible thing that never should have happened ultimately had a mix of positive and negative effects for future generations. The positive effects outnumber the negative effects. Therefore there are no negative effects and it's stupid to complain about them or want to remedy them.

>autistic nigger projects his extreme Asperger's and victim complex romanticism on white people
He's literally done nothing but call you a nigger and here you are trying to have an intelligent discussion like a fucking grammar teacher or some shit.

Seriously, nigger?

Butthurt whitey detected

It's actually a great album but whatever. Cool thread you have going on here OP.

I like Sup Forums and the great quality of discussions on it

He sure triggered you enough to keep responding

Why do people respond to bait?

>triggered niggers
Start a band or something.

Fucking niggers.

I actually feel so bad for people on this board for not being able to hear what I hear on this album.

See

>butthurt whitey detected
Get off of Sup Forums, Kendrick

Probably because they are underaged and have been on Sup Forums for about two days

See

Strawman. My first sentence was that net effects were positive.

Honestly negative effects were probably negligible, considering the slaves were purchased from wartorn areas that today disease ridden and starving. The only "negative effects" is "inequality," despite equality never having been there to begin with.

ie blacks make less money than whites, despite blacks never having made more money than whites in history and American blacks currently making orders of magnitude more money than Africans.

You should be a lawyer with all that cherry-picking.

It was morally a horrible event in human history but objectively a beneficial circumstance of said history for the modern descendants of slaves.

that song is not about Kendrick lol