Grimes, avalanches, jason aldean, kanye

>grimes, avalanches, jason aldean, kanye
jesus christ mu do you even like music? i just started lurking here, but this board has the worst taste i've ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3VmM8qRRLwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not sure if everyone filtered those artists that i listed, or if everyone is too busy circle-jerking them in other threads

Everyone is too busy being angry/shitposting in other threads to jump in one like this. Have a (You) on the house.

oh ok. thanks.

jason aldean is a meme

the others are good artists though, you should try listening to them

i've tried them before. not to say they were terrible (aside from the avalanches), but i really don't understand how they've taken control of this entire board

>grimes
generic radio pop with the "i'm not generic radio pop" aesthetic
>kanye
overproduced, tryhard radio hiphop
>avalanches
only listened to frankie sinatra but it was the worst song i've ever heard

>generic radio pop with the "i'm not generic radio pop" aesthetic

Accurate

If you judge an artist by just one song, you deserve to be mocked

no one here actually likes grimes, jason aldean, or kanye. the shitposting on Sup Forums has increased tenfold so a lot of newfags like you get memed on.

lurk moar

Frankie Sinatra as is most of their new album, but their first album is gorgeous

>only listened to frankie sinatra and not the entire "Since I Left You" LP before

fucking kys get out of my board REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok bless me with your superior taste

Aldean is a meme

Grimes may have some worth, but all discussion of her now is just waifufaggotry

The Avalanches have a great album and now they released a polarizing one following ridiculous hype, and it got memed hard

Kanye makes decent hip-hop, and even if you don't like it you have to admit his influence to pop and hip-hop alone make him worth discussing

ok i guess i'll try their older stuff. i was just so disgusted by that song, i couldn't bring myself to give them another chance

i mostly like metal and other variations of rock music

it's summer. it's normally better than this.
more ITAOTS, Spiderland, Loveless normally.

a good place to start with Sup Forums metal are
Burzum: Filosofem
Electric Wizard: Dopethrone

also, you should experience In The Court of the Crimson King. Essential heavy prog rock

hahahahah

what do you listen to?

ah i see. i like all of those albums. especially spiderland

burzum is one of my all time favorites. i listened to dopethrone a while back and i think i remember liking it, but i'd have to try again and refresh my memory. i'll definitely check out that king crimson album though. i've heard a lot about it, but never listened to it before

if you like spiderland, you'll fit right in.
pretty much universally hailed on this site as a masterpiece.

you've probably seen this chart around somewhere. It's a good starting place. it's not perfect, but you'll probably enjoy a lot of it.

Don't listen to this retard, unless you want to become a Sup Forumsdrone faggot who posts the same ~200 albums over and over again

cool thanks. i'm from rym so i've seen a lot of the stuff there, but it's nice to have a neat chart that covers the majority of what this board is into

lol don't worry. i already have my own opinions of the albums that i've listened to on that chart.

like i said before, kanye is overrated as hell. beefheart, while interesting, is not enjoyable at all. godspeed sigur ros and mogwai are pretty garbage. they have some pretty moments, but they would be much better off if they just played classical rather than dumbed down formulaic crescendo post-rock

Look at the links in the sticky (not the wiki though, it's useless), both are good ways of finding new music. Essentials chart can be useful, but you shouldn't stop when you've listened to everything on a chart. You should also pick up an instrument after a while, so you can actually discuss music instead of posting album covers and lyrics in caps like most of the morons on this board.

Oh I forgot, if you want to ask for recommendations, there's a seperate board for that: It's hardly music discussion and therefore shouldn't be posted on Sup Forums.

>this thread
why are people suddenly being helpful and nice on Sup Forums
what kind of world do we live in

sweet. thanks again dude. i guess i've got my work cut out for me.

it's nice to see that the artists i posted in the op arent actually the only ones that you guys like

>Not liking Frankie Sinatra

it's fucking awful user

it sucks

>this comment

This

Now OP please stop pretending to be new.

Sup Forums likes its music objectively bad, anything else is dad rock for faggots.

i am new. i spend a lot of time on rym but i've always been too scared to try Sup Forums because of the godawful reputation it has.

You're cringe for not listening to the whole record but dead on about Grimer and Kanye

>anything else is dad rock for faggots.
This desu. The dadrock meme was one of the worst things to happen to this board.

literally nobody here likes grimer unironically

i am convinced that nobody here actually likes grimes

they just enjoy her music for like a week and post a lot about it, then get tired of the music (as is with all pop music) but inspire other posters to undergo the same

rinse and repeat

jeeze i hope this is the case, but i've seen some pretty stupidly dedicated grimes fans try to defend her music when someone calls it out as being nothing special

if you actually had any respect for art, you'd understand just how amazing Grimes is. her art is so purely derived from her soul and her feelings. she learned through immersion in the art, not through some 50 something shrill instructor teaching her how to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on the piano when she was 10. She's the realest living artist. Everything in her music is her expressing her feelings, emotions, thoughts. The fact that Grimes has total control over her art means that's truly genuine. More genuine than mainstream artists such as Bjork, Kate Bush or PJ Harvey. Grimes proved that she could make synthpop exciting again by making it weirder and adding influences from dreampop, industrial, jpop, idm, r&b, techno. Grimes is a goddess of synthpop.

FACT: most anti Grimesfans are stupid and retarded.

no shit lurk more

>like i said before, kanye is overrated as hell. beefheart, while interesting, is not enjoyable at all. godspeed sigur ros and mogwai are pretty garbage. they have some pretty moments, but they would be much better off if they just played classical rather than dumbed down formulaic crescendo post-rock
YOU'RE NOT A MUSICAL AUTHORITY STOP USING THE WORD OVERRATED YOU SELF ENTITLED NEWFAG YOU HAVENT LISTENED TO SHIT COMPARED TO ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pls don't laser me mr. pepe. if you read the first part of that post i clearly said those were my own personal opinions

>generic radio pop with the "i'm not generic radio pop" aesthetic
Nice bait

he's right you know

while you are completely correct about grimes and kanye (especially kanye), avalanches is legitimately good. I understand why you would dislike frankie sinatra, but listen to their first album. its a jewel

>rare8
can you post the other seven?

Kanye literally just samples a bunch of Sup Forums core albums and get's called a genius for it, same thing can be said for Kendrick, hip hop rap in general is just rapping and samples. They listen to a bunch of old obscure albums, steal the best 13 seconds and loop that shit up over a stolen beat, rappers barely even make music

Jason Aldean is a meme
Grimes is shit
I can see how people like Kanye, but he's not my cup of tea
The Avalanches' first album is great

>that can sample that drunk and hot girls is entirely built around
seriously fuck kanye

Whatever helps you sleep at night... you just keep telling yourself that.

What was it sampled from?

youtube.com/watch?v=3VmM8qRRLwU
about 30 seconds in

Thanks. Also, I loved that song. Looking into Can now.

nice. they're a legendary band. i would start with the first half of tago mago, but their first four albums are all great

>all the people saying jason aldean is a meme
he's legitimately great you plebs

>they just enjoy her music for like a week and post a lot about it, then get tired of the music
Or just get tired of /mu and move on - with their musical interests intact.

>...but inspire other posters to undergo the same
This might shock you, but Grimes isn't actually that well known in the wider world. Musically speaking she's right up my alley, and I only discovered her entirely by chance less than two months ago. She is - however - in the midst of a huge jump up on the mainstream visibility scale (thanks to the mainstream shifting in her direction) - hence the steady influx of new fans you've noted.

>thanks to the mainstream shifting in her direction
lol are you fucking serious?? you're actually more willing to believe that the entirety of popular music shifted to coincide with the music that grimes makes rather than admitting to yourself that she makes pop music that fits into the mold? this is some next level denial

All of your descriptions are fucking spot on, ignore all the faggots giving you shit.

Jason Aldean is genuinely good though, he just gets memed here a lot by false-flaggers.

>Jason Aldean is genuinely good though
how?

you got memed on kid :^)

>Kanye
>Radio hiphop
Listen to yeezus

Literally the only modern country artist out there right now that's actually injecting some much needed life into the genre.

you can have this instead

Cringe

only underage b&s make sweeping statements about entire genres of music while pretending to know what they're talking about, which is fitting since you are underage