In honour of the new reissues, let's have a healthy, straightforward Melvins thread

In honour of the new reissues, let's have a healthy, straightforward Melvins thread.

Favourite albums? Favourite live shows? Favourite bassists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W9fqqz5I2aY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaQ-1WsoG0
youtube.com/watch?v=NhwY57j8xUc
youtube.com/watch?v=sYSrpiOa4W4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stag would be my personal favorite without all the fuckin filler. Skin horse, the bit, tipping the lion, and black bock are all soo good

I have mixed feelings about Stag, man. Like you said there are some killer tracks but I just can't reconcile the trumpets and turntable scratches

Only heard that album and Lysol, but I thought Lysol was really cool

the melvins make music for people who drink and drive

you NEED to listen to bullhead and ozma

Any nudes of that chick that used to play with them?

1984 melvins with the guy from mudhoney, i think buzzo is 20 in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=W9fqqz5I2aY

for any melvins fans who haven't seen this interview check it out

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaQ-1WsoG0

they come off as pretty annoying but in a young and arrogant kind of way, kind of endearing.
I love the set they play one it looks like someone's stuffy living room.

Also check out how neutered the drum kit is, its like the producers were scared of what Dale would do (for good reason maybe).

And shout out to the lame 'too cool for you' 90's audience bobbing their heads

I'll download Ozma, thanks for the hot tip.

This one?

Shirley Temple's daughter?

saw them / melt banana / napalm death

was a great show besides napalm death
they sounded awful

no lie

I saw them last week and it rocked. I didn't even recognize like 75% of the set but it didn't really matter (I think it was mostly newer stuff)

My favs are the 90s stuff really, everything from Bullhead to Stoner Witch, The Maggot, Stag. Lysol is probably my fav overall

Kevin Rutmanis was their best bassist for sure.

That distortion and slide bass was cool as hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=NhwY57j8xUc

This is not an inherently bad thing.

I've just started getting into Melvins recently. I downloaded a mega with all of their albums. I really like:

Houdini
Senile Animal
Hostile Ambient Takeover
Bullhead

Other Tracks: Queen, Electric Flower, Let it Be, We are doomed.

Where should I go next?

Bump

You should definitely listen to Lysol, Ozma and Stoner Witch.

did some one say melvins

No

maybe

i was thinking the other day why i like them so much, and a big reason for that is their sheer work ethic. they've relentlessly toured and churned out albums since the 80s, and none of those records has ever been straight up garbage. they're an absolute workhorse of a band, and it's so pure that it is always essentially just buzzo and dale doing their thing

>none of those records has ever been straight up garbage

see

old rehersal video, incredible. the early songs on gluey porch treatments, boris and ozma are so heavy
youtube.com/watch?v=sYSrpiOa4W4

I didn't liked Houdini.
I want something noisier and slower.

A Senile Animal

Bullhead or Lysol

still wondering about the color variants

shouldn't he be fatter

Bump

Yes

Yo basses loaded kinda sucked. It had an awesome lineup though, Beer Hippie was only good song. What happened?

A girl I really liked in high school overheard a chad reading Melvins lyrics after seeing my Houdini shirt. She said, "It's like a Sims conversation!"

Was she right, /melvins/?

I actually like it and apparently it has the distinction of featuring their one and only free jazz song?