Ex-alcoholic, ex-homosexual here

ex-alcoholic, ex-homosexual here

I'm trying to break from my past and am considering converting to Islam, but I don't know if I can give up music. Are there any Muslim bros on Sup Forums right now? What's allowed and what isn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mC-g5I-QsH4
youtube.com/watch?v=fL0XQmj5ejk
youtube.com/watch?v=07x_k7oHr_U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How can someone be an ex-homosexual?

man fuck that shit dont go religious plox no fuck that

>ex-homosexual
Lol'd, sarcasm aside and fedora too, but
>religion
>ever

find a better religion to go to

you're literally picking the most backwards death cult you can

Start listening to muslimgauze.
youtube.com/watch?v=mC-g5I-QsH4

I'm a muslim, and I listen to musics, I'm also occasionally read the Quran

allahu ackbar
*kills self in explosion*

>ex homosexual
Yeah sure Omar

Oh look, another extremist in development.

> ex-homosexual

Thanks for the kek

>considering Islam
Why Islam, dude? Try Buddhism or Hinduism, at least those religions won't have you explode or gun down people.

Congrats on stop being fag

>ex-homosexual
zozzle

I'm a full blown(heh) muslim and I listen to all kinds of Sup Forumssic.

That being said, it's definitely haram to listen to stuff about worshiping satan and shit. Also anything that glorifies degeneracy, sex or alcohol and other sinful thing is haram.

So basically don't listen to shitty music and you're fine.

Just keep being gay and don't become a Muslim

I know this is a meme but people actually exist that think like this. Gives me bad feels

what a sad world we live in fellas

Why the hell would you want to join The Religion of PeaceĀ®

Join the Eastern Orthodox church instead, the last bastion of true Christianity.

I'm just answering his question. Personally I don't enjoy metal not because any religious reasons or anything I just never could get into it despite several attempts. As for rap music that glorifies sex the usual gangsta stuff I still listen to it but it's mostly stuff I used to enjoy when I was a teen.

>ex-homosexual
it'll be a kek when you wake up in the future and you've realised you spent so much time in repression

Question: what is Islam's stance on listening to music that appears on the surface to glorify sinful things but is doing so to make a deeper point about how they are bad?

>It's a pretend there's only one kind of Islam thread
Regardless don't become a Muslim you dumb fairy cunt

>it's a pretend apostates are still Muslims post

you mean like lana del rey?

I am at peace with my maker. Can you say the same?

I don't know; does she do that?

I think you got this whole thing wrong.

Strangers on the internet let alone anonymous on Sup Forums aren't qualified to answer these kind of questions. I don't know what's haram or not for sure, only the Qur'an can tell us that and there's nothing there about music let alone music as art or music that serve any kind of function beside being something to play while you're drinking and partying. There's also Hadith, but that needs to be confirmed Hadith, and it can have different interpretations like the question you asked.

I personally never bothered to find out, I love music and I will listen to it no matter what. However for my religion I follow my heart, obviously satanic stuff is out of question. Stuff that glorify degeneracy and evil things are obviously haram as well.

Also you have to understand what does haram mean. To understand that you have to understand what "sin" means and where it fits in religion. Here's the thing: everyone is a sinner. That's the whole point of religion. You have to decide how much sin you can carry. And some sins are small and some are big. Compared to for example murder, theft and homosexuality, listening to some music is almost nothing. For what it's worth, the qur'an tells us that God's capacity for mercy and forgiveness is limitless.

I bet there's even less Muslims on here than there are girls

Word. Thanks for the substantial and informative reply.

>ex-homosexual

Thank fuck for that

>ex-homosexual

but anyway, youtube.com/watch?v=fL0XQmj5ejk

Serious response:
I'm an ex-muslim, but I think I can provide fair input.
99% of Muslims hear music on a daily basis on TV or in public. There are a lot of Muslims who think it's prohibited, but a lot of Muslims also don't have a problem with uncontroversial music (folk, classical, "Islamic", etc.) If you convert, you'll find a lot of immigrant Muslims are only familiar with Arabic, Persian, Indian, etc. music so rock or pop might bother them. It depends though. Young people are very aware, and people in countries like Lebanon are fans of American music.
Good luck OP. I don't think homosexuality is wrong, and one of the biggest challenges that came with being a Muslim was believing my non-Muslim peers (a lot of smart, kind people) were going to hell for eternity.

What kind of bitch are you? You mean you need to resort to religion because you can't make it on your own? No gods, no managers, no labels.

>>Sup Forums

>thinking he knows somebody's motives

Can only make assumptions with the data at hand.

I feel as if religion hasn't done anyone any favors.

You can legally listen to nasheeds I think

just listen to whatever except satanic or really edgy stuff, dont go too hard on yourself

>ex-homosexual

>ex-homossexual
>converting to muslim

oh i get it
you're going to afghanistan to fuck the bacha bazi, amirite

>Almost sick dubs bro

>ex-homosexual
kekld so hard

Some Islamic devotional stuff especially with the Oud has been amongst the best music Ive ever heard, even still if you're into that sissy repetitive house techno fudge packer stuff. They're actually quite into that, you just have to give up drawing pictures that arent about god, but you cant show his face

>inb4 your stoning

Dont do that shit you idiot

Why the fuck would you pick the shithole of all religions

>thinking Islam is somehow worse than other religions

In theory, maybe not

Islam does however have the distinct property of followers taking their beliefs far more literal and serious than, as you were clearly referring to, the average Christian.

Actual musilim here, if you convert to Islam you shouldn't care what society thinks, them finding it acceptable or not should be the least of your concerns. What you should care about is what's acceptable for the actual God of that religion not what people think.

As far as people are concerned, I'll listen to whatever the fuck I want.

maybe the average Christian now. Christians used to be like Muslims now and some still are. meanwhile a lot of Muslims arent like that. Theres nothing in the religions that says those roles wont switch.

every single person who responded seriously to this unbelievably obvious bait thread is too new to be posting here

It's not the only reason I left. You're right to a certain extent though.

>Muslim
>Listens to music

It's haram you hypocrite.

Good thing I didn't recommend OP to convert to Christianity in the 14th century then

What's your proof?

Honestly I find the supposed sincerity to be refreshing. At least there's actual discussion going on in this thread.

>used to be gay
>hates gays now
>wants to be Muslim so he can kill all the gays

>no spooky satan music

The problem is, Muslims take their religion seriously unlike other religions which have molded theirs to fit modern society

Muslims for some reason don't care to do this and continue to fuck everything up

They're a younger religion. Give them a few hundred more years.

nice b80 m'm80

Music about bitches and hitting licks is garbage

Muslims do this on a daily basis.
Christians and Jews get away with it be ause most of them ignore the shitty larts of their religions.
Others still do shitty things. Hindus in India have serious problems. nobody cares here because it doesn't happen to affect Westerners.

Why is Sup Forums so infested with faggots?

I think it's one of the liberal boards. Same with /lit/.

>nobody cares here because it doesn't happen to affect Westerners

We also care very little about most things that happen on Saturn

/lit/ is the absolute worst

they actually defend leftism

Yoh, the Bible says nothing agaist music anywhere. Jesus says, "be in the world but not of the world." Many take that as saying know what's up and going on around you, so don't shut yourself away from cultural experiences.
Just throwing that out there

dicc is breddy gud fampai
you sound mad

>ex-homosexual
>considering Islam
Islam is pretty gay m8. Muhammad fucked goats and little boys.

>Them morals

>ex-homosexual
>on Sup Forums
Pick one.

Please explain what you mean by
>ex-homosexual

I'm not trying to be edgy or anything but music is literally haram

that means all music

Well if this isn't proof of mental illness, I don't know what is.

Why all music?

then why do muzzies throw gays off rooftops

Why do single, white, beta kids shoot up a school filled with kids? Why do people do anything?

They changed their mind

not too knowledgeable with islam, but since im living in an islamic country i know some stuff about the religion

the cause given is that music drifts you away from real life and from its problems, it's compared to a drug
in the end it is considered that listening to music brings you closer to the devil and farther away from god

It's a way of sucking sky-daddy's dick. Just like everything else they do. They live to please sky-daddy.

>being this mad about an actual thing that genuinely happens in most muslim countries
they stone women to death for adultery too that's just a fact you faggot

I don't have sex with men anymore.
I realized it was the wrong path in life. There is a large ex-homosexual community, like with former addicts of any other vice.

>drifts you away from real life
>brings you closer to the devil
Wouldn't that mean that the devil isn't real?

Ah yes, because Russia, with the highest HIV infection rate outside of Africa and above 50% abortion rate is totally a bastion against 'muh degeneracy '

by real life the context i mean is the world we live in and the time we spend here

both devil and god are otherworldly beings in the end

>Not listening to Mahmoud Awad, the Sheikh of the Future
youtube.com/watch?v=07x_k7oHr_U

DISGUSTING

Russia is not the only Orthodox country and the
Russians themselves do not embody Orthodox beliefs and culture.
Don't forget that during the USSR enforced atheism, religion was frowned upon. I doubt most Russians today are at all truly religious because of it.

I'm not a faggot anymore.

Being gay isn't something you are. It's just something you do. Once I realized this, I felt very powerful for the first time in my life. I'm looking for a religion that will reinforce this new sense of direction.

I've also lost almost all my friends too. It's amazing how spiteful homosexuals can be if you don't buy their homosexuality hook, line, and sinker. I need a new community.

Well god fucked a 12 year old

Explain Muslim countries who have incredibly rich traditions of both secular and devotional music then.

So music takes people into the devils world?

>religion
>empowering
stay spooked bud
also there's an irony in you seeking out a community that agrees with you after complaining about homosexuals doing the same

The others are absolute shit too.

Greece? Belarus? Moldova? Serbia? Romania? Bulgaria?

I mean sure, Ethiopia is also Orthodox-ish and is probably one of the few places in the world (outside of Iran) where I've come close to having a religious experience, but are you really going to deny that their country isn't a dump too?

the difference between muslim believers and """muslim believers""" is huge

the percentage of people who actually follow quran verse by verse is very, very low

ive seen fasting muslims that drink alcohol for fucks sake

exactly

Ex-muslim here. Don't do it OP. Any other religion, even Christianity is better

You're probably a kid who doesn't understand the value of discipline.
Seeking nothing but self-gratification will leave you rootless, vulnerable, and ironically less satisfied than you ever were when you started off. Hopefully you figure that out sooner than I did.

You should convert to Zoroastrianism op (provided you can find a non-Parsee community lmao)

Besides being the religion that every other Abrahamic religion ripped off its morality from, it's fairly light on the rules which don't go far beyond good thoughts, good words deeds. Plus it doesn't deny the body pleasures like other religions, provided it's done in moderation

>exactly
Hopefully they just see it as symbolic and not fact. If what you were saying were true.

what do you mean? if you are a believer of the qur'an, every verse in it is basically fact

Who said anything about base self-gratification?

I know, but bloody-hell, dude.

Have you considered Sikhism op? If you've good beard genetics I can recommend it, you get to carry a sword and be an IRL Jedi. Plus the women are pretty hairy so you can better suppress the fact that you're gay

>li gave up degenerate lifestyle for something much worse watcha think Sup Forums!

omar pls