youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She looks good in this.

21 pilots > this ugly bitch

Literally everything > 21 pilots > that ugly bitch

What a lame comment pleeeeb

a pleeb is not a word. Please get out

Please suck a pen15

nah not a david bowie of our generation, she just doesn't seem to have as much artistic drive or passion for her work as him, and she's trying way too hard to maintain her grunge/tumblr aesthetic while also trying to get herself into the pop-star scene to cement her career for years to come

>Grimes
>not Animal Collective

which medicine is her favorite?

am sorry

This is now an AnCo thread.

Centipede Hz is every bit as good as Strawberry Jam.
youtube.com/watch?v=VesIkXdWrsw

>she just doesn't seem to have as much artistic drive or passion for her work as him
This is totally incorrect. She is passionate and artistic for her music and live perfomances like nobody else.
Check out her live at KEXP: youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo

is this sarcasm? are u memeing?

Also this (early version of Genesis)
youtube.com/watch?v=KdGkWtmbMu4

I just figured out why Grimes is ugly. When she smiles, her eyes do not change.

No, I don't post memes.

>tumblr aesthetic
what do you mean?

I hear she's gonna need Trauma Therapy

I wonder if any of them feels envy for the other

>I wonder if any of them feels envy of the other
Grimes is a talentless, genderless, raceless, recovering crackhead, who would only cause envy to those who want to win an 'Ugliest Person Alive' award

>genderless, raceless
are those supposed to be insults?

>implying she isn't an autistic version of pic related

Except Jepsen looks amazing

>people really spend their time in threads of person they dont like

>Mainstream pop star
>Even close to Bowie
Sure.

>people spend their time on a music board masturbating to a girl who doesn't perform general hygeine and then get really upset when other people make them feel bad for having degenerate tastes and hobbies

how low are you if even betafaggots on Sup Forums are telling you you're a faggot? seriously. reconsider your life choices, you fucking clod

>people spending time making these threads

Me on the left.

>

i replied to that as i saw it scrolling down on page 1 desu, as im replying to this right now

It took 20 seconds to make this thread

>Mainstream pop star
It's not Grimes.

>imlpying Bowie wasn't mainstream
>implying Bowie wasn't pop star

yeah, but she's kinda manistream now, and she is a pop star, whether you like it or not

No

Common things between Grimes & Bowie
- weird personalities
- strange fashion sense
- interesting live shows
- acclaimed music
- dedicated fanbase
- obscure albums before the proper breakthrough albums (Grimes has Geidi Primes & Halfaxa, Bowie has S/T album from 1967)
- eclectic music taste

No

Which point do you disagree with?

How many instruments does your beloved pop star play? How many acclaimed musicians has she cooperated with? Belew, Eno, Tina Turner? No?

grimes is just a more pretentious version of halsey, prove me wrong.

no, she is a female version of bowie

Differences between Grimes & Bowie
- making music that is good
- making music that is not mediocre
- making music that is not garbage

David Bowie is my beloved pop star, so fuck you

I was talking about Grimes and you know it.

they're both mainstream pop stars, doesnt matter how many instruments they play
i'm not op, desu

Grimes is a vapid and superficial pop musical whose following is entirely focused on her pretensions of (faux) avant-gardism and her image, despite the fact her music is entirely generic and wholly unremarkable. So yes, she is a David Bowie of our generation.

*pop musician

your waifu would hate you for comparison with any other artist

youtu.be/FJ5XUw4qHZo?t=20m43s
How does anyone unironically listen to this? Seriously... And there are musically inept people actually defending her...

Don't forgot, they were both junkies at one point

She's not, she's just overrated hipster garbage.

I love Claire

>he doesn't know about music tastes
are you retarded?
btw this live is really shitty

She can't sing in key and that's somehow a good thing. Keep telling yourself that. And if that's the case, why not just bring random people off the street on stage?

>How many instruments does your beloved pop star play?
Piano, guitar, ukulele, violin. Also she uses sampler, synthesizer and pedalboard for hel live shows.

>How many acclaimed musicians has she cooperated with?
Why does she need those if she can do everything herself?

she's not great singer obviously, i just like her voice

now that's a horrible outfit wtf

not that guy, but you can't be serious. You can't compare her with Bowie man, you're just proving that Grimes fans know nothing about music

1) cuz singing is not the only thing she does
2) cuz her liveshows are more of improvisation, that's why she sounds always different

+1

Bowie did awful music (mid 80s - early 90s), Grimes never released sub-par material.

>inb4 Art Angels
Art Angels was great and acclaimed.

Sampler... Nice instrument bro. Repeating drum loops aren't music. By the way there are great pop musicians, but none of you know or listen to them: Phil Collins (it pains me to say this), Bowie, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, Mariah Carey, etc.

Grimes looks like the inbred troll from harold and kumar 2

Singing is not the only thing she does. OK, fair enough. If she can't sing in key and ''play her instrument'', maybe she shouldn't sing. Take a look at how it's done: youtu.be/QilNVTZx5CI. Not only that the song is in an odd time signature (6/8), even the riffs he's playing are challenging and he still sings in key and is enjoying himself and laughing throughout this difficult performance.

you can't read properly? i just said that it's wrong to think that he wasn't mainstream pop star
i dont compare her to bowie, i generally hate to compare artists

>Repeating drum loops aren't music.
>what is techno

Not the she's not a great singer, she sings out of key. I hope you understand what that means. It can ''work'' if you're playing jazz and jazz fusion on a guitar for example, but it doesn't work for vocals.

Not a music worth listening to for anyone with even a little bit of ''musical sense''.

>maybe she shouldn't sing
maybe she knows better than you what she should do and should not to do?

>Grimes never released sub-par material
That's because she's only made music for like 6 years.

>techno
>not a music
Confirmed for being retarded.

Grimes:
>singer
>songwriter
>producer
>sound engineer
>lyricist
>live performer
>visual artist
>music video director

Pretty much the complete artist.

Confirmed for not knowing what talent is and listening to ''music'' performed by people that lack talent and rely on copying and pasting drum loops on a PC.

Grimes is the mid-80s creatively bankrupt Bowie of our generation. Pic related is one of the few albums worse than Art Angels.

I agree, but who cares about being talented and all that? Who even needs that? Pfft

>woo hoo just finished what could def b a third single for this album, my first attempt at a glam rock style song, feeling queen and bowie
Which song from AA was that?

Artist that can't sing in key. OK.

>electronic music is not music

But she isn't good at any of those. I can try to perform open heart surgery but if it kills the poor sod I'm doing it on then I'm hardly a surgeon.

>Artist that can't sing in key
She can and she proved that a lot of times.
Listen to her singing Ave Maria live: youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4

(You)

OK. Grimes is more like a songwriter/producer than a singer. Even her admitted she's not that good as a singer. But despite her vocals flaws, Grimes has a beautiful and versatile voice. She uses her voice more like another instrument.

youtube.com/watch?v=vjxqYdGWjgM
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
youtube.com/watch?v=zENqcBs05ns
youtube.com/watch?v=fON6EE1PvlA
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w

See how versatile is her voice?

how many times did you post it?
>

>But she isn't good at any of those.
Explain her evergrowing fanbase and critical acclaim. And bigger touring venues. And endless Sup Forums threads.

Maybe people really liked her music? Maybe she's doing something right? Maybe she's really fascinating?

(You)

>thinks that people sample music because they have no talent
You are even more retarded than I thought.

Justin Bieber has an ever-growing fan base, along with all the other mainstream Top 40 pop stars. Does that make him good?

Please tell me more about how talented you have to be to copy and paste sometime even pre-made drum loops. If you were a musician, you would be ashamed of what you're saying.

That's right. She's moving A LOT on stage (she also manipulates synths, samplers, pedals and mixers), so anyone expecting her to sing in tune all the time is fucking delusional. Other popstars would rely on lipsync. Not her.

She would be better live if she would hire someone to play the instruments and if she would move much less. As it is, she's still really good. I enjoyed immensely her recent Glastonbury performance.

He's not critically acclaimed. This is very important. Your point is invalid.

Music is subjective, so Bieber is good for his fans. His music was never meant for you. Or me, if that helps. I DON'T LIKE his music, but it doesn't mean he's objectively bad. See the difference?

Not liking something =/= objectively bad.

Kanye West is honestly the David Bowie of our generation, and it pains me to admit it but the similarities are blatantly there.

>Both reinvented themselves on every album
>Both have had large negative public reception
>Both slumped heavily in their middle age
>Has different personas for each album (Kanye and Bowie, for the most part, have had large aesthetic changes for each of their albums)
>Both were, at some point or the other, the most famous artists in the most popular pop genre at the time (Bowie for pop rock, Kanye for pop rap)
>Both have polarizing works in their fanbases (Bowie has Lodger and most of his late 90s output, Kanye has Yeezus, WTT and 808s)
>Both pioneered their own styles of fashion within the public reception
>Both combined experimentation (far more than their peers at least) with pop, to huge worldwide results
>Both have been met with large critical and mainstream acclaim
>Both can appeal to all races in one form or the other (something I didn't want to bring up but it had to be said, for example, Let's Dance by Bowie was huge in black-orientated discos, as well as Jesus Walks being popular in clubs most frequented by black people, while their other works, such as Black Skinhead and Heroes, appealed to white crowds)
>Both have struggled with their success and the fame it brought, usually to negative public reception
>Both have combined the popular trends in music with their own style of music (Bowie with Scary Monsters etc, Kanye with TLOP, MBDTF, etc)

i don't even like kanye outside TCD and LR (and some songs on TLOP and MBDTF) but it's hard to deny the similarities imo

>He's not critically acclaimed
Along with all of the other mainstream Top 40 pop stars.

But she's talented. Talent is not about singing perfectly. It's about making music that people find it relatable. Just ask Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain, Leonard Cohen, Janis Joplin and endless others. Poor vocalists, but they did music from their soul.

>copy and paste sometime even pre-made drum loops
>If you were a musician, you would be ashamed of what you're saying.
If (You) were a musician you would at least know how common sampling is and that it's not as easy as copy-paste. Almost all acclaimed electronic music acts (Daft Punk, Prodigy, etc) are using samples to create an original stuff.