Why do you think mediocrity is okay?

why are people so okay with mediocrity now a days?

>it's not as good as SILY but its not bad!!

why aren't people more strict when it comes to art these days? why are you so eager to give a band you love a pass for not putting out great material? why are you afraid to say a band you loved put out a piece of shit? and this is a piece of shit, not "bad", definitely not "mediocre" and absolutely not good

where are your standards?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uixyaeGDbSU
youtube.com/watch?v=7XTrz0yvxe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honestly, if you're not clicking with this album, its probably something you are dealing with inside or perhaps mental illness. This album scratches all my musical fetishes, and i don't understand how one can not think this matches up to SILY. But hey that's just my opinion, and guess what, everybody will have their own but i can't enjoy any other album in the world more than Wildflower right now, so i just dont give two shits about other peoples opinions.

/thread

this.

>But hey that's just my opinion, and guess what, everybody will have their own
>people that dont like wildflower are mentally ill
kys

>implying at least 30% of Sup Forums don't have mental illnesses
It's more of statement on the community at large desu

100% this

I completely agree, user.

I am actually listening to this for the first time right now and really enjoying it. I can't believe the backlash this album is getting here. This place is so fucking wannabe-edgy.

You can't fool me Satan...

but it is good
very good, in fact

album bored me desu

This boy needs therapy.

kek'd

Same here, great album. Not better than Gimix, but is on the same level of SILY.

>Mmm yes I must say Frankie Sinatra is indubitably one of the most sublime works of plunderphonic sound I have ever heard. What's that Madame? Electro swing? Heavens, no! That is the dirge of the lowly troglodyte. It is far from the purview of the masterful composers collectively known as the Avalanches.

This is how I felt about Fallout 4 last year

But Wildflower is great so fuck you

kys

Fedoras are basically electro-swing's only demographic so this meme doesn't even make any fucking sense

I've been disappointed by new releases by classic bands over and over and over again in the last 5 years alone.

This was one that fully met my expectations and actually got me excited about music again for the better part of an hour.

The last album to actually come out from a classic band and be as enjoyable as their earlier work was mbv. Wildflower was a triumphant success, and I really don't think it's any worse than SILY, personally.

I'm pretty sure it's between 1-3 trolls shitting up every thread with samefaggery

the avalanches were never good

yes it does

10/10 post

I like it. First song m.youtube.com/watch?v=uixyaeGDbSU

this for real

It's a mediocre album kys

This

Why can't you tasteless niggers admit that Marcel, a teenager that's also a critically acclaimed music critic, spoke the truth about this degenerate album infested with negroid babble and hippieesque bullshit? You inbred swine do really have shit tastes.

ITT: butthurt Avalanches-fags

Also, please prove me why this album is "good" and not what it truly is, "meh".

>that's your opinion and that's okay :)
>oh but you're mentally ill if you don't like it XD

fucking reddit moron

p4k is gonna shit on it so all these people enjoying it will dissappear soon

I love u

christ this is just pathetic i hope you get better ok user

>s-stop insulting this shitty album i like!

it's better than SILY actually

>defends tripfag
wew

I want to suck cock! I LOVE cocks!!! PLEASE i N E E D dick!

6/10 tbqh

There are gems here and there but its really boring most of the time. Doesn't hold a candle to SILY. Plus the rap verses are cringey af, they shouldn't even be there.

I agree with OP, not bad per-say but definitely mediocre.

you do realize that once you become a tripfag, what you say literally doesn't matter to anyone, right?

I think it's better than SILY except for Frankie Sinatra...

Anyone else in love with how subways and going home seem to dance with eachother? im dancing too

great reply user

is it just me or do any of you feel like the entire feel of the album would change if the cover was different

OP, that would imply this album wasn't better than Since I Left You which it is.

Just listened to it for the second time. Overall, it's a good second album. It has the potential to be a classic. Because I'm me and Saturday night inside out are real standouts for me.

I cum everytim

>my nigger

too long, seems like theres lots of filler.

>16 years in the making
>filler
Oh child

Just listened to it for the first time, these are my first impression rates. Overall I'd give the album a 5 or 6.

>If I Was a Folkstar
>1/5
Literally the best song on the album tied with Harmony.

Same with a shitload of albums really.
But I feel the cover and the music are both pretty summer

>Because I'm me
>Subway
>Colours
>The wozard of iz
>Saturday night inside out

The rest was meh.

exactly, isn't it sad they have filler ?

holy shit are you me? I rated it bout the same. If sunshine - saturday night was an EP it'd be legit 5/5

>massive album drops
>everyone shits themselves with joy for 24 to 48 hours
>then people start to actually talk about the album,
>but suddenly everyone hates it, or at least all the OPs of threads do
>this goes on for about a week until opinions start to level out and discussion returns to normal

every time

>critically acclaimed music critic
haha

>not as good as the 10/10 predecessor makes it mediocre

wtf i hate The Avalanches now

FPBP

Almost perfectly accurate, don't forget the shift in opinions once Fantano/P4k reviews drop.

I'm a music critic critic and Marcel is a 3/10 tbhfam.

holy shit you're right OP now I hate this album thanks f a m

I just didn't care for it.
Yeah, the album ends really well.

Also, side note, I'm sure this has to have been brought up, but HOLY SHIT there is way too much 'through the walls' mixing bullshit on this album. It's on practically every song.
I never liked Government Plates save for a few songs ;)

Top kek

AHH FRANKIE SINATRA

SPG-poster please leave

Soooo fuck Apple Music. Anyone gotta link to this album to download?

The last song of this album is absolutely amazing. Saturday night inside out will be a classic.

>you can live a long, long time on the love of a dog
>when things get bitter and bad
>and sleep can be had for the price of a song
>late in the day when the options are gone

>please let your eyes be a friend to me again
>it's just malfunctioning teardrops
>a cowboy overflow of the heart

yup

Forced meme

Looks like someone on what.cd might have a legit leak

>now a days
>these days

holy shit OP kill yourself

A little bit of thinking and a big old chunk of Google, and you will find it no problem. It's everywhere.

Yup.

This album is honestly perfect in any and every way. Much better than their last.

It just took the things i loved most about sily and vastly expanded on them. Also as a producer myself, im just in awe of how organic it sounds. Really amazing. Almost cried at the last song.

It's really good but man... it would be a LOT better without any rap verses as above user said. The instrumentals behind them are good enough, they tell the story, set the vibe, just like on the first. These half assed boring verses really, really take away from the proceedings. Sad!

>Live a Lifetime Love
>Ariel Pink
Since when? Was this confirmed?

Idk bro a lot of these vocals really blew me away.

I hate iTunes!

I tried dragging this onto my iPhone but it wont let me w/o adding 3 gigs of music I guess i had previously synced. Anyone know how to add just one album w/o syncing?

The more I'm listening the better this gets. It's not perfect, but what a couple of gems this album has. . Saturday night inside out on replay

Even the pirate bay has a fucking 320.

AHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA

Oh you mean the 320 that's been proven over and over again to be a stream transcode that people keep thinking is real for some fucking weird reason?

Top kek, that meme is hilarious bros

Good enough for now, you snob.

mixed metaphors/10
D+

I'm And yeah I agree with you about everything you just said. The Production is mind-blowingly perfect for every track...every transition. And even while they hop genres and take that Beatles-y/Beach Boys approach of bright harmonies, It still sounds so Avalanches after 16 years.

Also my favorite line in the whole album comes during SNIO, when i believe Berman says "A 10th Grade Prophecy, A Motel Masterpiece"
I dont quite know but I think that is describing the lusty fantasies males can have during those testosterone-full teenage years, but god damn that is gorgeous imagery

The placebo effect of flac is all I live for anymore.

>Complaining about turntablism traits on an album made by turntablism

thank god someone agrees with me

get CopyTrans Manager

This is what I've been thinking. Most of the people hating on Wildflower are probably mentally depressed and can't enjoy anything happy or upbeat.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XTrz0yvxe0

]
literally
]
kys

so much this. if wildflower isn't the epitome of music idk what is

your a dorable

AAHHHHH

omg so much kek

[spoiler]see [/spoiler]

>BEST
Live A Lifetime Love
>RUNNER UP
Kaleidoscope Lovers
>MOST UNDERRATED
Zap!
>MOST OVERRATED
Wozard of Iz
>WORST
Subways

Honestly, OP?

This.
Maybe you're butthurt that more people are enjoying your obscure band? Get over it, communist piece of shit