Hamilton Thread, i'm going to see it in Chicago when it comes. Anyone else have thoughts? I think it's amazing

Hamilton Thread, i'm going to see it in Chicago when it comes. Anyone else have thoughts? I think it's amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sEH9I_oJfqY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my sjw ex can't shut up about the damn musical but her taste a shit

I've heard the soundtrack and I think it's pretty good, but everyone keeps talking about it so much that it's starting to seriously get on my nerves.

It's basically the Frozen of musicals.

I don't think it should tour. When Lin-Manuel doesn't want to do it anymore the whole operation should shut down

Lyrically, Miranda comes off as a 40 year old white history teacher who's trying to reach his classroom full of urban black kids. Didn't listen to the last half, though..

isn't it fun to fuck with hamiltonfags by showing them clipping.?

>black people playing white people
into the trash

Here's your (You)

This sums up the whole thread

If it were a WASP making this horrid shit instead of a puerto rican, he'd be dragged, and rightfully so

HAMILTON REAL HIP HOP

This right here is why every other race thinks we're crybabies

WE WUZ

Hamilton was white

Someone in another thread hit the nail on the head: it repackages the same toxic 'American Dream' narrative for liberals.

To the user who shared the cast recording and the show a few months ago: Thanks. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

hamilton is as good as people say it is. the songwriting is brilliant. lots of depth and simultaneously lots of catchiness. it's really hard to stop listening to. the wordplay is generally good and storytelling is fantastic. using the songs to advance the story isn't a breakthrough but the fact that not all musicals do this is insane, it's the only way to make it work imo. finally the cast is nearly perfect. i can't imagine such an ambitious production working without such a talented group of performers.

overall i think it's truly a masterpiece of modern theater although the scope isn't really very grand. it's just the story of one intrepid man who had a very eventful life. the concept is good but it's the execution where it shines.

i often wonder if alex lacamoire doesn't deserve more attention than he gets. he is listed as the composer and orchestrator for the production but his name comes up infrequently despite him being pretty visible in the white house debut of the title track.

this

if a WHITE guy had invented the light bulb nobody would remember his name

how come more white people aren't honored at the BET awards??

not ONCE since obama entered office has a white guy been elected president

fuck sjws and liberals

i casually asked some dude in my english class about clipping and he said "man they're lit"

youtube.com/watch?v=sEH9I_oJfqY

how has this not been posted

Elaborate on this, I don't know what you're referring to.

>not ONCE since obama entered office has a white guy been elected president
keked