Why does the bass on the White Album sounds like "plek plek plek plek"

Why does the bass on the White Album sounds like "plek plek plek plek"

Superior Rick bass picking. Thumps instead of hums.

Yeah, that's Paul on a Richenbacher instead of a Hofner.

The White Album has a pretty raw sound compared to their other works imo. Ratty bass was one product of this, and songs like Helter Skelter and While My Guitar Gently Weeps show this really well. They were also doing a lot of plugging into the board at the time, or recording at really loud volumes (there's an anecdote of them doing yer blues in a tiny room with the amps facing the walls and mics sandwiched in between them.)

On Helter Skelter john lennon played bass on the track and used a Fender VI

yeah the fender vi contributes a lot to that rattly overdriven bass sound people think of when they think this album. everybodies got something to hide except for me and my monkey has a sick subtle bassline and a classic bass solo near the end. dear prudence bassline is great especially because anyone else would've let the bass take the backseat on a song like that, but paul makes it super funky. yer blues is blues bass but with a syncopated line instead of a walking line. but the glass onion bass tone sucks and is probably what op is talking about. also on while my guitar gently weeps if you listen to the stems they used to have on youtube, the bass line melodies are double tracked and doubled with an octave higher guitar

What's the consensus on the white album here?

if they had all put aside their egos and only put their absolute best songs on the lp, everyone would agree it was their best album ever

There isn't a single bad song on it and it's my second favorite next to rubber soul

Wild Honey Pie
Piggies

actually i just realized its really kinda similar to Revolver in a way... (although super bloated)
>think about it maaaan

It was their best album ever.

exactly

Glass Onion

>the white album will never be released as a single record

feels bad

great song

i like orchestrated symphonic strings in rock

anyone notice the beatles hate has cooled a lot on Sup Forums in the last four years?

Yeah but I always assumed it was a meme in the first place

you asked for it

I don't agree.

>Piggies
>bad
mate

Anybody notice the fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most

Sort of, but at the same time the extreme memedom of The Beach Boys that has emerged in the last couple years has created a bit of a rivalry between the two bands, in which The Beatles fans (shamefully imo) are generally overwhelmed by Beach Boys memers.

how on earth do you still find this funny?