What would frank zappa think about the state of modern music?

what would frank zappa think about the state of modern music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/faOjhIhYDmc?t=7m56s
brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/frank_zappa.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he would ay:
Im GAY.
then he would post on Sup Forums:
pitchfork Cuck. Haha!
And then...

he'd make a mock rap album with exaggerated parodies of misogny and violence
it'd probably be cringe

Probably think it's just as bad as he always thought it was.

lol frank was way smarter than that

what would he use now? youtu.be/faOjhIhYDmc?t=7m56s

skip to 7:56, baka

I'd have been afraid to interview Frank Zappa. I feel like if you say one thing wrong, he'd go off on a tear

(Nice dubs)
Frank Zappa would do what he always did when he was alive.

Hold a mirror up to it, lampoon it, and turn it on it's ear.

Who cares?

>muh toilet humor

AAAHHH FRANKIE ZAPPATA

Why was he so based, guys?

"HOLY SHIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M DEAD AND IRRELEVANT"

Not much has changed. Popular music is still shit, Art music is still superior, and Frank Zappa still wouldn't fit into either group.

this is easily the most cringe thing i've seen on Sup Forums, the mindset required to make this is truly frightening

What would Zappa think of Death Grips?

Youd think so but no, no he wasnt

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/frank_zappa.html

Who cares? hes an edgy twat that only other edgy twats like

Does Weird Al parody him Sup Forums

Pretty sure this was written by a shitpost AI.

He would have been leading the charge against file sharing along with Lars Ulrich for sure.

(You)

Who cares
Frank Zappa is a talentless pretentious hack
He's like literally the reason punk had to happen

This unfortunately. That would have happened by the late 90s or early 2000s though.

(You)

my fav artist but the satire ended up eating him up inside.

this probably

>my fav artist but the satire ended up eating him up inside.
I'll just ignore that cringy trip, but how exactly did his satire ended up eating him inside? Hot Rats didn't have any satire in it. It's a great jazz rock, jazz fusion album. His classical albums didn't have any satire too.

You're thinking of ELP

This leads to eclecticism/pluralism (think Zappa, Residents, and Beefheart (the latter of which is inferior but for some reason is held up for a genius) and that whole crew -- if Schoenberg was the Joyce of music, Zappa was the Pynchon, which I think is a spot on analogy) where music absorbs pop culture music (rock, jazz, etc.) and rigorously applies it to actual music (Zappa was fond of serialism and especially the experiments of Varese) to make a collage of culture

(Only pay attention to really early Zappa/Residents, for Zappa only listen to stuff from 67-71 and for the residents only their albums released up through Not Available, both got trashy really quickly)

I really have to ask, what are your favorite bands and guitar players considering what you said. Again, I'm just curious. At least here, you can actually get a quality discussion. By the way, I've listened to Zappa's early work and The Resident's early work, but maybe not for that long to become trashy.

Frank Zappa's opinion on music of any kind is about as relevant as a literal bucket of shit.

Grimes General is apparently dying out, so let's shitpost in actual good threads.

Even Grims is a far better musician than Frank Spazza.

Here it is:
(You)

tbf so far this thread hasnt been very good

i love both but cmon son now youre just bullshitting

kek

I cant stop laughimg thank you anom

Frank Zappa and Grimes would've gotten married and the internet's entire head would've exploded.