Mama Mia! Post-Rock sure is a shitty genre!

Mama Mia! Post-Rock sure is a shitty genre!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRJdwIo41gg
youtube.com/watch?v=0LgEsixjBmE
youtube.com/watch?v=e5rAwQmCwJw
youtu.be/QAgpPq2b-TM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mama mia! This sure is a shitty meme!

true, pretentious cheesy garbage for 16 year olds who think theyre really into music. post-punk is even worse

Stop

Reply to this post or you Mama Mia will die in her sleep tonight

love how the guy on the left is clearly an adult and the one on the right is a kid

good double

I really loathe you fags. You know who you are. You post the same shit everyday, not even for the negative attention you crave - you do it because it's all you know.

You're not funny or interesting, so you just spam your waifu or your fetish..it really fucking bothers me this board could be what Sup Forums should've been but instead it's /fa/+ some irony.

Fuck you. I'm not mad in the slightest - and that is how deep my hatred of you is.

Shiggy

youtube.com/watch?v=dRJdwIo41gg

MODS

what post punk do you hate
I think the Birthday Party is crap

Mama Mia! Nu-Metal sure is a great genre!

Might as well play it safe

We woke up one morning and fell a little further down.
For sure it's the valley of death.
I open up my wallet
And it's full of spaghetti.

i cringed when i first heard this album

>not enjoying Dead Flag Blues

mama mia

it's all shit
stuff like joy division or the cure is for 16 year old girls who use tumblr, and stuff like this heat and the pop group is for 16 year olds who wear fedoras and post about communism on facebook

gybe is literally high school poetry over crescendos, cant believe ppl pretned to like this shit

what about no wave or bands like the slits or the raincoats

mama mia!

>no wave
literally music made by people who cant play an instrument, why people pretend to like this "music" is beyond me
>slits, raincoats
generic guitar music

check these sweet trips

pleb

what about coldwave?

talking heads, gang of four, public image ltd? wire is good too

Mama mia!

"Mama Mia!", the voice cried softly,
from outside the wooden door.

Luigi stepped outside

damn...

lol go listen to your pretentious dronefest

guitar music over 2 synth chords

>talking heads
lel so randumb le take a look at these le hands xdddd le autism singer band
>gang of four
commies
>public image ltd
guise i was in a punk band once and when people went to our shows they didnt care about our music so now i have a new band where i play the same thing over and over again

>lol go listen to your pretentious dronefest
Will do. Keep telling yourself that post-rock is pretentious.

it is
early post-rock (muh TRVE first waev guise!!!) is jazz/classical for people who dont have the attention span for the real thing
everything after is embarassing lyricism over crescendos
im lmaoing @ ur life if you think this garbage is deep

I need opinions on:
>chrome
>tuxedomoon
>the chameleons
>the sound
>the fall
>neue deutsche welle in general

No

pretty sure the one on the right is Isaac Brock.

so like what type of music do you like

>jazz/classical for people with no attention span
>jazz
>classical
youtube.com/watch?v=0LgEsixjBmE
>embarassing lyricism over crescendos
youtube.com/watch?v=e5rAwQmCwJw

Lolol fuck you dude

>lel so randumb le take a look at these le hands xdddd le autism singer band
true
>commies
shit opinion
gang of four made some of the best dance-rock ever

All pretentious rock music (coldwave, janglepop, post-punk, no wave, post-rock, jazz fusion, prog, etc.) needs to die and anyone who likes it deserves to be sterilized, as fedoras should not be allowed to reproduce (not that they stand a chance to).

The only good rock music is straightforward unpretentious stuff like ACDC and Sex Pistols. Go listen to REAL intellectual music like Jazz or Classical instead of shallow rockist interpretations by people who lack the braincells to compose.

no

is the velvet underground pretentious or not

>chrome
generic punk rock recorded with a potato
>tuxedomoon
so boring i fell asleep, can hardly remember anything about them other than that they used a synthesizer in a few songs
>the chameleons
>the sound
they sound just like the cure/joy division to me, don't know why people remember these bands
>the fall
some guy who talks nonsense over incredibly repetitive music, only remembered because they singer is too lazy to sing, to he talks instead. honestly among the most pretentious things ive ever heard
>neue duetsche welle
its the same as the other bands i wrote about, but in german

why bother, youll just repply with "lel all shit" because the music i listen to doesnt have pretentious lyrics or the same two chords repeated over and over again

>dance-rock
dude just listen to the real thing, try something other than guitar music for once

they pretty much created all the pretentious rock genres he mentioned.

On WL/WH is pretentious. Rest is fine.

>MUH NOISE ROCK

Noise rock is just punk for insecure people who need to cover their lack of talent in distortion.

lol at this
But yeah, noise rock like lightning bolt are shit bands that need to be distorted to be unique
But I always thought White Light White Heat was just Kingsmen/Sonics style garage rock, just more intense and raw and primal. Nothing pretentious about it at all

so you'd rather have a bunch of obnoxious "davis, glass, stockhausen, trane, mozart, the list goes on" type faggots wandering around here than the usual braindead types?

go back to posting smug anime faces faggot

>dude just listen to the real thing, try something other than guitar music for once
Gang of Four is more dissonant and jagged than regular funk or reggae though. It's not just a rockist reinterpretation

I wonder, can any rock band forge a unique sonic identity for themselves without being "pretentious" to you faggots?

Just to be safe

>flint

>dissonant, jagged
good buzzwords, im sure your friend over at /daily/ and rym will appreciate them

lol this fag doesnt even know how to discuss music

no user, when you discuss music, you talk about the composition, the instrumentation, and so on, not about how "beautiful" and "emotional" it is (or "dissonant" and "experimental", for people like you lmao)

Post-rock hasn't even been popular in years

>and so on

the list goes on!

k den
seems like i'm not the pretentious one

onono

Nah, trips are too hard.

I can get dubs easily tho.

Guys, can I get exactly 8 (eight) replies to this post? Thanks.

youtu.be/QAgpPq2b-TM

M8

Still need opinions on Wire

You like tool don't you?

you got me

This thread is pretty much everything I hate about this board

Honestly, just about every post of yours has contained some laughably bad pleb opinion, so someone guessing Tool is pretty fair. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me. How old are you famalam? That could explain a lot.
What? One complete autist trying to debate in a thread and failing miserably? I think it's pretty cute and mildly entertaining.

negroids

I didn't know this was a cringe thread.

Mama Mia! This thread sure needs a bump!

What a fucking asshole

Great thread OP

You must have a pretty nice home theater with all that projection.

Mama Mia! Post-Rock sure is a great genre!

why wouldnt you just buy overalls at a thrift store and get a solid color hanes shirt

whos uncreative enough to buy these outfits??

The average "Stockhausen, Xenakis, the list goes on..." fellow is 100x as intelligent as your average "The Pop Group, This Heat, Coil, the list goes on..." type.

why do you love that?