This fucking EDM meme

when did this shit start?

when did people forget how to party when there's NO DROP?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=va4OyeQHbr8
youtube.com/watch?v=ukbRAgXZYtU
youtube.com/watch?v=HtSJX0npEEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gWA491H4U
youtube.com/watch?v=sJSK0yhd28Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Ieww9E5UUiE
youtube.com/watch?v=ulhggtNUR-o
youtube.com/watch?v=gk4eJx0N5M4
youtube.com/watch?v=_oOIIkasOkk
youtube.com/watch?v=8tIgN7eICn4
youtube.com/watch?v=F8hSy1NoFYw
youtube.com/watch?v=VIbIHxKh9bk
youtube.com/watch?v=hx9j6p_nUZY
youtube.com/watch?v=p3zxZixaUQY
youtube.com/watch?v=-_gp68c_j_E
youtube.com/watch?v=g9Npdfx7DNE
youtube.com/watch?v=bdxbpGWSubM
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5qxa5ogVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

in every fucking modern electronic dance track there's the part where it sounds like the whole shit is about to explode and then people know when to dance.

it worked without that fake hyping before, why is it mandatory now?

EDM killed electronic dance music

I just stick to euphoric hardstyle instead. You actually know when the drop is coming and it's not some shitty hoes voice made into vocals spewing jibberish.
Hardstyle actually makes your skin crawl when there's a good drop. Fuck I hate mainstream house.

Also, name one better genre when on drugs like E

Protip: you can't

>hardstyle

do hardcore/gabba fans still frown upon hardstylers?

Some of them just went with it and have sorta 'embraced' hardstyle. Others still hate it I guess. Old hardcore/gabba fans are not that big of a crowd / don't have many followers so no one really pays attention to them anyway

>Old hardcore/gabba fans are not that big of a crowd

I'm into electronic music since 1996 (techno, the old trance, some house) but I have to admit I wouldn't have fucking survived 2 decades of being a Gabba fan.
Seriously, big respect for those people.

Also, nice integers.

Fuck I never get any good gets, didn't realise it until you point it out.
Idk I've always liked techno I guess but that hardcore/gabba shit just has too poor quality imo.
Anyways, you seem like breddy cool guy, too bad no one else joins the thread. I almost never visit other boards, always on Sup Forums.

>ITT: Americans who listen to Skrillex and wouldn't know an absolute banger if it walked up and slapped them around the chops

youtube.com/watch?v=va4OyeQHbr8

Good for today's standards but at least to me it's a bit too comfy to be a absolute banger..

Maybe I'm just old.

To me this is more of a banger:
youtube.com/watch?v=ukbRAgXZYtU

Thank you.
Well, Sup Forums seems to be one of the busiest boards, so I guess it's easy for a lot of threads to slide without getting visited at all

>American
>Skrillex

Sorry, I'm not the cuck you think I am.
I groov'd just a little. 6/10
Also pretty good, like the build up. 6.5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=HtSJX0npEEQ

Rate?

Why are frenchies so much better at making dance music than us Sup Forums?

>Sup Forums
save yourself from that garbage please

Its the opposite of the 90s when it was all about the buildup

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gWA491H4U

Daft Punk and Justice are godamn fucking awful proto-EDM utter bollocks and just Deadmau5-tier shit before EDM got huge.

Only the most plebbiest of fucks listen to French house garbage and the irony of this board liking either and then hating on EDM is hilarious.

What is this style of electronic music called? Am not a bleep person but I accidentaly downloaded the album/ep where this is from and loved it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sJSK0yhd28Y

Yup, it's always been cancer, but I just can't seem to deal with the daily shit posted nowadays. shitty fluffy threads, rate my cock, waifu-claim yadda yadda

For some reason it reminded me of this: youtube.com/watch?v=Ieww9E5UUiE

Sounds like a mix of dubstep and progressive trance. Also it says dubstep in the title?

And Etienne de Crecy ?
Mr oizo ?

Nice. Always liked Technoboy but never heard this one. Adding it to my playlist

Glad you found some use for it. I'm not that big into hardstyle but I love the melodic and energetic shit.

Also, I liked this one youtube.com/watch?v=ulhggtNUR-o

Fuck. The nostalgia is real. Headhunterz old songs are so creative imo. You can tell he actually put a lot of effort in them

He's a bit harsh on that matter.
Even Bangalter, the main dude behind DaftPunk had some really awesome tracks back in the day.
Shit was really rough and unpolished 909 stuff.

The two you mentioned are awesome, too.

>Fuck. The nostalgia is real
I know that feel.

But it can become an addiction.

I almost stopped following electronic music trends since 2011 or something and since then seem to live in the past.

I simply can't get anything out of current electronic music. Maybe some bandcamp stuff here and there, but the most stuff that gets on beatport is almost not consumable for me. Really odd feeling.

I'm glad there's YT and other mix set streamers so I can enjoy the good old shit.

>tfw there's literally not a single new Hard Trance track around anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=gk4eJx0N5M4

I still remember when I first heard that track in a club and that melody at 2:22 began. Holy fuck. pic related, was my face.

I fucking loved that sub genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oOIIkasOkk

Nice! I'm trying to get into trance because I like the idea of it but can't really find any good ones, just mainstream pure shit. Tiƫsto made a really nice track just a few years ago, really liked it: youtube.com/watch?v=8tIgN7eICn4

Listen to the build up from 2:00

Just imagine standing there with ten thousands of people totally caught up in the music.

No, actually start from 3:45. That's where the magic starts happening

Cosmic gate! Nice! Here's a classic:
youtube.com/watch?v=F8hSy1NoFYw

Fuck yes, trance really has its magical moments.

And regarding the Tiesto version... I kinda hated Tiesto since he was one of the ones who really blatantly milked the Trance genre like a motherfucker. Everything around him seemed like proto-EDM festival stuff which I was allergic towards to.

I especially hated how people suddenly thought everything was made by Tiesto. Even uploaded tracks to YT as "Tiesto - [title of the song he didn't write]" just because it was in a mix set of Tiesto. This happened thousands of times.

Personally I love the version by William Orbit that came years before Tiesto had his commercial hit with the same theme: youtube.com/watch?v=VIbIHxKh9bk

Wow. This one was actually better.

Yeah I know. One of the things that pisses me off the most is when mainstream artists just blatantly steals a beat or idea from someone less famous and gets all the credit.

Fuck, I think I gonna go offline and flip through my vinyls now...

So many great memories, so many awesome tracks...

youtube.com/watch?v=hx9j6p_nUZY
youtube.com/watch?v=p3zxZixaUQY
youtube.com/watch?v=-_gp68c_j_E
youtube.com/watch?v=g9Npdfx7DNE

...fuck..
youtube.com/watch?v=bdxbpGWSubM
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5qxa5ogVw

goose bumps... fucking hell...

Was a pleasure to exchange some good tunes with you! And yes, keep looking into Trance, it's fucking worth it, bro.
Tip: Check out the Talla 2xlc mixes he did in the Dorian Gray club late 90's to early 00's.

See you around, guys!

Will do, and thanks for the tips! Gonna hit the bed now anyways. Thought I was gonna regret coming here but it was worth it, nice having a good conversation.

Good luck with that vinyl-flipping

>live in a shitty provincial town where the bars and nightclubs are sub pleb tier

>closest city is birmingham which is has some ok places but my friends here don't share any of my tastes

>went to london for a mate's birthday

>we went to a house night

>one of the best nights out of my shitty life, and that was in a tiny as shit place in peckham that's a pool hall during the day

Need to move the fuck out of this place and broaden my horizons desu, 23 and missing on so many good nights out :(

I unironically listen to shit like Skrillex and Knife Party on occasion, and I do like to DROP THE BASS because it's stupid fun, but if I'm going to be honest, I prefer that futuristic ambient feel of 90's trance and Eurodance. There's no drops, no crescendos, no woop woop, just pure 25th century field recordings.

It just sounds like what life should be.

>and I do like to DROP THE BASS because it's stupid fun
nothing wrong with that.
it's just annoying when people can't do without it

big cities are usually hit and miss.
but I guess small provincial towns just provide literally nothing

>It just sounds like what life should be.

this.

sometimes I have the feeling that the old trance music felt like it's leading towards a really futuristic and great future and then in the early 2000 it seems like time has taken a totally different junction to a branch of time that totally isn't what everyone expected it to be like.

and suddenly also trance music vanished from the main stream and got replaced by hiphop, house and now EDM

Holy shit, I made a thread over on /r9k/ last week saying this exact thing. I totally feel this as well - what happened to the future?

This guy right here is such an adorable little chewy nugget of a human being that every day he isn't locked in the basement I had built specifically for him is actually suffering.
>also a frenchman

get off this board whoever you are

parallel universes.
we unlucky fucks went one of the shitty routes.

b-but user...:^(

Sorry guys, its all just Techno. Your precious music preference isn't so faceted as to require all these imagined sub-genres. If techno is simply too stale & unhip for you, the good ole EDM will do. Now try and be more honest with yourselves

deadmau5 isn't that bad t bh. Entry-level, but not bad. Vexillology and For Lack of a Better Name are pretty garbage, though.

cool story bra

Guess we need to find out how to shift back, then. I'm not sticking around in a world where paradise doesn't exist. It's too grimdark around here for me.

I think it could be a lot worse but then again maybe that's about to happen soon

>techno

You keep using that word but have no idea what it means

most normies don't