Shittiest band ever?

Shittiest band ever?

My vote is for The Beatles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Mld7eSaydI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Eagles

Every single song by the Eagles I thought was alright, it was actually Steve Miller Band instead.

The Eagles

Eagles, followed closely by Eagles

I love how Sup Forums never has to specify "popular" in these threads because being popular is a mostly negative trait to hipsters

The popularity of the Eagles has nothing to do with them being shit.

The Eagles are really not that bad, they have some nice songs

Try One Of These Nights or Hotel California, those are at least good. But yeah, they're not great.

I like Eagles
Modern Coldplay is pretty bad

Joe Walsh and Glenn Frey were so hot back in the 80s

And Lyin Eyes is a great song and only faggots disagree

I'll listen to One of These Nights.

Hotel California actually was probably good the first time I heard it, and probably the next twenty times.

But the four hundredth time I've heard it, it really clicked how goddamn boring that song is, and how all their songs are every time I hear them.

>xyz man was so hot
>haha only faggots disagree

kys

The Shaggs

I've heard some worse bands.

U2
Nickelback
Coldplay

I don't think you can say it really clicked that it was boring. Anything will get boring after that many times I don't care how interesting it was originally.

Have you ever listened to the Beatles?

Most of the bands you guys are naming are harmless and generic, but what about bands that are actually BAD like brokeNCYDE or BOTDF

Not really, it's not like I listened to it in a row. It was the normal passage of time, just having it be on the radio. The amount of times I've heard "Hotel California", I've probably heard a handful of songs by my favorites the same amount.

I get what you mean, but it was a genuine click. I realized every single Eagles song I heard, including that one, were boring.

oops meant to say 70s

I would even let 1977 Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh fuck my wife
shut up faggot

Why is 70s rock so boring? Was everyone dickriding CSNY?

Cuckold closet homosexual calls other people faggots?

Sounds like an Eagles fan to me.

You're just mad that Joe Walsh has a way bigger dick than you and gets way more pussy even though he's an old man

Just like how disco is exaggerated about how long and bad of a time it was, this kind of feeling is also exaggerated. The 70s folk rock radio dominion was really only about from 1970 to 1976; beyond that you have a wider variety of rock to listen to.

There's of course a lot of prog and psych in the first half, but that all gets watered down as the hippies get older.

Talks about old men cocks?

Sounds like an Eagles fan to me.

get out of here faggot

I actually don't think disco was bad, it's a fun genre and I'm sure it was lots of fun going to the disco halls. But something happened in 1969, I strongly believe it's CSNY, that led to a sea change in rock music being folk/country oriented, until about 1973 or so when rock became funk and disco influenced.

And do you listen to Grateful Dead by any chance? They were the worst case, their 60s stuff was so good (acid drenched blues rock) then they became boring as fuck by late 1969, I think their popularity carried on because of the culture of dead shows rather than their actual music.

And didn't pyschedelic rock die out by the end of 1969? With some exceptions here and there.

All of their songs by the time I was in 8th grade.

They're fucking shit.

what do you faggots listen to, Neutral Milk Hotel?

70s rock is better than 60s rock

>Stones best releases (Miss you etc.)
>Steve Miller Band
>Fleetwood Mac
>The Police

The list goes on

Only hipster contrarian edgelords hate on the Beatles

And to avoid being the reverse version of leborninthewronggeneration, they praise the Beach Boys as being so wonderful. Granted, I like a couple songs on Pet Sounds but they're nowhere near the band the Beatles were.

at least jeff mangum has the deceny to fuck little jew girls instead of old men like you, faggot

fucking faggot

Radiohead
Pretentious neo-Pink Floydian crap

The white album is the most pretenious shit I ever heard. It was during their prime, and you could just tell that they where like "we could make a great record even if we make it sound raw and lo-fi".

beach boys had a way better sound

rolling stones even were better than the cucktles

this too fuck radiohead

67-69 was a better period for rock than any time in the 1970s

>All of Jimi Hendrix Experience's albums
>The Doors
>Pre-gay Grateful Dead
>the Beatles best albums
>Santana's debut album
>Sly Stone (granted his 70s stuff is better)
>Big Brother and the Holding Company
>etc.

The Beach Boys were stuck in 1958, and they never released anything relevant after Pet Sounds. The Rolling Stones aren't my cup of tea, my favorite song of theirs is from 1978 anyway.

The sound they had going on in 1967 was so much better, then I guess they were too hipster for psych rock by 1968 so they released the white album.

Nah, disco was at its worst just banal dance music (so never too bad).

Folk and folk rock had been immensely popular since the mid 60s; it was able to ride through psychedelia from 66 to 69, but once that had run its course a cultural zeitgeist (even though its hallmarks would follow until the punks and disco kids showed up) it dropped the psychedelic trimmings and just went back to full folk rock, only now more blues-oriented.

I don't listen to the Dead much, their best stuff being bootlegs and live recordings makes them a bit harder for me to binge through.

And as for psych in the 70s, I don't care if its called "krautrock", Can and Faust were absolutely psychedelic rock bands.

all of that shit you listed is bland af and boring

60s rock is way dryer than 70s pop rock

Ah, the contrary-contrarian.

Lambasts those for underrating the Beatles, then proceeds to shit all over a respected contemporary because to them, music is a competition.

Surf's Up and Sunflower are great albums.

of the best *soft rock* that was ever created came out of the 70s.

>Stones best releases (Miss you etc.)
>Steve Miller Band
>Fleetwood Mac
>The Police

This shit is beyond milquetoast, as flavorful as the saliva at the bottom of a Miller Lite or three day old spilled bong water.

lol no it's not

Hardly any albums released in the 70s are touching The Doors, Are You Experienced, Anthem of the Sun, Led Zeppelin I and II, etc.

you're a fucking retard

the best beach boys album (sunflower) is from 1970 and they even had hits in the 80s

yeah and the beatles and jimi hendrix aren't?

Not to mention, Steve Miller Band's best music is from their 60s albums

you're just listing boring dadrock shit

i'll give you jimi and the doors but still the 70s sound was waaaaay smoother and we got jangly guitars and colorful organs and shit

god you listen to the same shit i did in middle school lmfao

listen to smile and realize how wrong you are

>Not to mention, Steve Miller Band's best music is from their 60s albums

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

now you're just being a fucking contrarian

The Beatles didn't have a "sound". They played blues, heavy metal, piano ballads, doom metal, rock n roll, acoustic ballads, skiffle, Indian, hard rock, folk, pop, psychedelic rock, etc, just to name a handful. They were extremely versatile and innovative across a huge array of genres.

they didn't play even half of the shit you listed

>yeah and the beatles and jimi hendrix aren't?

They're certainly better than the musical equivalent of driving around for five hours on the weekend because you legitimately have nothing better to do because you live in the 70s.

Well yeah, I never said disco was bad, I really like some musicians.

I know folk had been popular already, but it seemed like there was more variety in the type of rock music that was popular before 1970.

And you'd probably appreciate the Dead's first 3 studio albums, it's immensely more interesting than any of their live shows from the 70s.

We're talking about the 60s and 70s you dipshit, how are you going to use the dadrock insult? I've listened to those albums I listed a lot so they're not part of my rotation anymore, however they're masterpieces and a lot better than the shit you listed.

And jangly guitars and colorful organs were probably even more common in the late 60s, you retard.

Their best song is Space Cowboy. The Joker sucks, Fly Like an Eagle is pretty good but that's because they went back to their 60s sound for that.

exactly. jack of all trades, master of none

mediocre

Did The Beach Boys master anything except late 50s barbershop quartet?

literally a shit song and shit taste

>their best albums suck hahaa

go back to jerking off to the beatles lmfao

lucy in the sky with a shitposting cuck

only rockists hate the eagles because more women listen to them than men

You're taste is so shitty, you seem to like the most boring music the 70s had to offer.

you know nothing about music

born in le wrong generation faggot

I'm far from a leborninthewronggeneration, but we're discussing 60s and 70s music, so obviously I'm listing bands from those eras.

literally can say the same for you about the 60s, plebeian

Not true, you soft rock loving jerk off

>blues
Yer Blues
>heavy metal
Helter Skelter
>piano ballads
Hey Jude
>doom metal
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
>rock n roll
Back in the USSR
>acoustic ballads
Rocky Raccoon
>skiffle
Twist and Shout
>Indian
Love You To
>hard rock
Hey Bulldog
>folk
If I Needed Someone
>pop
Hello Goodbye
>psychedelic rock
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Have you even listened to them beyond their number 1 hits or is this just awful bait?

you're listing the shittest bands of the 60s, you have terrible taste, the beatles are shite

i can tell you cucks probably wear glasses

Volbeat.

Nice trips.

Oops, linked the wrong post. My bad, meant to link

I've listened to all of their songs and they're terrible.

Nope, I have natural 20/20 vision.

And you're just being an edgy contrarian, so what 60s bands do you think are good?

Your favorite band.

you know how I can tell you listen to death grips?

>Not true

great argument your music sounds like old people dying

get some MELODY and COUNTRY TWANG you piece of shit i wanna get DRUNK and FUCK your ass

Oh and even for country rock, the Flying Burrito Brothers had an AWESOME debut album, then everything they and Gram Parsons released after that was bland as fuck. For some reason, Gram Parsons went full country in 1973 and his solo albums are extremely boring.

> The Beatles invented Doom Metal

That's a new one.

The best country flavored music is also from the 60s, Sweetheart of the Rodeo and The Gilded Palace of Sin.

But I prefer hard rock/blues rock over folk/country.

What do you think about this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=6Mld7eSaydI

after listening to Pet Sounds the Beatles sound like a second class version of that

they have such a huge discography of catchy songs though so it would make no sense to get at least enjoy some of it

Who are you quoting? I never claimed that. I don't personally know the exact origin of it but I know that they played doom metal in I Want You

lol, Pet Sounds only has two good songs on it and it sound super dated overall

The White Album, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road and Revolver are all better than Pet Sounds. And that's coming from someone who loves Pet Sounds. They're all great albums. I would have Pet Sounds and Sgt Pepper about equal.

Sgt. Pepper is a great fucking album though, I would put it ahead of the White Album.

I might be a little biased because it contains my favorite Beatles song, With a Little Help From My Friends.

Oh for sure it's a great album. More important than the White Album too. I just prefer the unforgiving and sprawling madness of the White Album, even if some of the experiments missed the mark. But I love how self indulgent the band became and how it was practically a collection of solo songs.

Sgt Pepper has the best Beatles song however imo, A Day in the Life. I just prefer the experience of the White Album

>the fact that

Understandable. I think I would consider their magnum opus to be Abbey Road, and interestingly most of it was recorded after the album that succeeded it. I wonder what the Beatles would have sounded like had they lasted until 1972 or so, would they have sounded watered down or would they still be making great albums?

Huh, I'm almost willing to stand corrected. Sorry for sounding sassy.

This. I had to listen to 5 hours of. Classic rock radio recently and at the 6th eagles song the band got ruined completely forever for me. the only good song the have is life in the fast lane.

Peter Brampton is awful too.

After AMSP I would also vote for Radiohead cause it's fucking insufferable the way people can't stop sucking their assholes even when they overtly start shitting.

In all honesty my favourite Beatles album changes monthly probably, they all offer so much and are so varied, so it is very much mood dependent.

I've often wondered that too. I think they would continue to make great music, because some would say it seemed like they burned out when they got to the Let It Be sessions but then they produced Abbey Road like you said. I think the immense competition among the members would push them to keep making exciting music for years to come, because once they broke up their solo careers were generally underwhelming in my opinion. It is hard to see where you go from Abbey Road, but then it was also hard to see where they could have possibly gone from Revolver, and then from Pepper, and then from the White Album, and so on.

I agree. The only solo song of their I really like is My Sweet Lord, it pretty much sounds like a prime Beatles song.

I can tell from your posting style that I discuss these type of thing swith you a lot, you seem to be very intelligent and have a good knowledge of music history rather than just being a memer.

All these people talking shit about the Beatles have no sense of history and zero perspective. They are praised for a reason. If you were around then and heard those psychedelic tape manipulations and shit it would sound like literally magic unless you were into some esoteric Frank Zappa art music shit.

The Beatles deserve their acclaim on the weight of their production alone before you even consider their music. Those mixes are so incredible that they did on an ancient 4 track that you could release them today and they would sound competitive.

I think they're just being contrarians. To claim the Beach Boys were better is laughable.

Yeah Harrison has the strongest solo output I would say. Makes you wonder why Lennon and McCartney rejected so many of his songs for Beatles albums which ended up being used on his solo albums. I guess their egos were just sky high by then.

Cheers, you too mate. Sadly some memers will probably be along any minute with the Scaruffi pasta, but it is nice to actually discuss music once in a while on this board.

I don't really get "the Eagles are complete shit" meme, they're certainly not great, but they're not really bad either

although, the almost unanimous praise from Rolling Stone/R&R Hall of Fame/dadrockers in general is baffling to me, and I hate Hotel California (the song)

Agreed. Imagine hearing Tomorrow Never Knows in 1966, it still sounds fantastically bizarre to this day.

sheerly baffling, indubitably [2]

Yeah it probably had to do with ego.

And I wonder what it would have been like if the Beatles performed live after 1966. I think they should have performed at Woodstock, that would have been awesome. I think I read that John Lennon agreed to it, but only if they let the Plastic Band perform as well, which they declined.

It seems like me and you agree with the Christgau perspective on a lot of things, that's pretty interesting.

I WAS STANDIN' ON A CORNER IN WINSLOW, ARIZONA

That's actually what go me into the Eagles

I like that song and a couple others, but most of their sounds are boring 70s soft rock

Your opinion on the music is irrelevant. They still played all those genres.

Pet Sounds isn't even better than Rubber Soul, and that's not even close to the best Beatles album.

AND SUCH A FINE SIGHT TO SEE