Traditional folk/"world music"

>Good-tier

Hip-hop/Rap

>Shit-tier

everything else, literally

kpop>all those

>>Good-tier
>Hip-hop/Rap

Bottom tier garbage: EDM, Classic Rock, Metal, Hip Hop, Swing Jazz, Movie Soundtrack core (Zimmer, Williams, etc), Minimalism

Low but has value: Bebop, Jazz Rock, a good amount of uninspired Free jazz, things like Krautrock, etc.

Value: Eclecticism (Zappa, Zorn, etc.), Romanticism in many of of its respectable forms (Wagner era Romanticism, for example -- not that stuff that usually wins Pulitzers now), Neoclassicism, free Atonality, Pantonality, Serialism (only because it's a century old and composers still lining up matrices and cashing their tenure checks are just as much as a problem as niggers making hip hop -- in its time, The 2nd Viennese School were absolutely incredibly groundbreaking)

Groundbreaking: Stochastic and modeled music (starting to get a bit old, Xenakis broke out half a century ago, which is a long time), Tape Music (old concept, but I firmly believe there are more barriers to break with this -- also, when I mean tape music I don't mean all of these hippie trash people who are repeating the concepts of In C and experiments from the 30s-50s and pretending they're groundbreaking), research into microtonal composition (unfortunately it's losing traction because so many untalented metal/rock/untalented composers latch onto it and give it a bad name; also it's starting to get a bit old), anything falling under the New Complexity umbrella

Elder Master Grand Patriciandom Tier:
>The Music I like

Stupid Dumb Stinky Poo Poo Tier:
>The Music YOU Like

replace with Jazz and you're set

xD

What if I like what you like.

Okay, Sup Forums trash aside: about a century ago there was a big split between "academic" music and "good sounding" music, mostly the Schoenberg v. Stravinsky rivalry, respectively. The gap has only grown larger, and because of this, the "easy" music has been adopting ideas from the "academic" music years, decades, or even centuries afterwards, if at all. It's a loop of regression that only rigorous taste-training, learning history, and having smarts can break one out of. The problem is that there is so much more for composers to learn before composing "groundbreaking" music than ever before -- not just counterpoint, performing, orchestration and harmony -- but also now Jazz theory (and advanced topics such as tonal gravity a la Lydian Chromatic Concept), alternative notation, timbral studies, pointilism, computer models, advanced mathematics, electronics and sound engineering, physical distortion and tape cutting, aleatoric and randomized music, non-standard tunings and physics, etc. AND THEN, from there, finding something new to do with the medium that has never been done before, and make something new from that knowledge. It's daunting, driving more people towards easy music like experimental rock or jazz or w/e than ever before.

Multiversal Omnipresent Ultra Mega Super Eldest God Tier:

Traditional
Medieval
Chants

Demigod tier:

20th Century Classic, Post-Bop onwards

Superhuman tier:

Romanticism, Baroque, Bop, Trad Jazz

Subhuman tier:

Rock, Pop

Unmusic tier:

Rap, Electronic