Is there literally any other band that stood up to these guys in the 60s/70s? Maybe Pink Floyd...

Is there literally any other band that stood up to these guys in the 60s/70s? Maybe Pink Floyd, but the Zep are undisputed masters.

I mean, fuck, they redid the wheel. Imagine being back then and seeing the wheel being made.

I know you guys try really hard to hate classic rock, but it's really top tier (P4K and Fantano approved - and every artist you like).

>[wall of text with all the songs this "revolutionary" band plagiarized]

can't top led
best band

>Can
>Captain Beefheart
>Velvet Underground
>MC5
>The Who
>The Kinks
>The Mothers of Invention
>Jefferson Airplane
>King Crimson
>The Stooges
>Amon Duul
>Doors
>Pink Floyd
>Red Crayola
>The Rolling Stones
>Holy Modal Rounders

are all better than led zeppelin lmao

(not true by the way)

Led Zeppelin is the most overrated band I've ever heard of.

My favorite album from the 70s is The Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street and my second favorite is Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, but I think Led Zeppelin had more influence than either artist, even though I like The Rolling Stones and Bowie better (I still love Zeppelin though). My favorite Zeppelin album is Houses of The Holy btw.

I actually like them, but this for sure

The who

Half of those aren't even rock bands/ completely unheard of

I like 70s Judas priest more as far as fath n roll goes

>Is there literally any other band that stood up to these guys in the 60s/70s?
>guy lists 15 different artists from the 60s/70s
>"naw you're wrong"
K

Cause you are, Jefferson airplane didn't come close to zep. They made great music but it didn't come close to zeps, popularity or success

I used to hold this same opinion, but then I discovered King Crimson. I still love Zep, but King Crimson did it better.

And Fripp could play circles around Page.

I think you meant to place the quotes around the word plagiarized rather than revolutionary.

They're pretty awesome, no doubt.

They even inspire contrarians to call them over rated and act like they give a shit about them stealing songs. That's how you know they're good.

If we're talking in terms of popularity, OFC no band is going to come close to Led Zeppelin, if that was the intent of the thread it should be closed. Also success is a very general term that could be defined in a lot of ways, but you probably mean "commercial success" which would just go back to the whole popularity thing.

Zep is a wonderful band. You truly know you've made it when your commercial success is balanced with hordes of hater-fags. U2 another good example if this confirming phenomenon

The Beatles downright owned the 60s. Everyone else in that decade is in their enormous shadow. Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, MMT, the White Album and Abbey Road in the space of 4 years. Unbeatable.

For the 70s I would say the best artist is less clear. I would say Bowie and Pink Floyd are the top two.

What about the 1980s, 90s, and 2000s?

Or was that when the world broke into so many streams thanks to information overload/globalization that there were no dominant artists outside of a couple year run

90s is clearly Nirvana

Can for sure. They were far beyond most 70's bands.

>inspired thousands of shitty bands and "artist"
>"b-but it's still influential"

I rather hear non influential good music. Led Zeppelin are for the 70's what Britney Spears was for the 00's.

Nowhere near the level of universal praise