/daily/ - Caroline Edition

It's Doopee Time.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, have a high quality kek at Jangle's Thrift Tourney, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters

topsters.net/
>more like downsters am I right?

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>post-ironic circlejerk

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug for hipsters

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're a normie.

Most importantly, Doopee!

Previously on /Doopee/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs_really_important_show_show/
strawpoll.me/10668006
youtube.com/watch?v=dVl9XsK8aqk
youtube.com/watch?v=WMCfl1usaUM
strawpoll.me/10668364
hedon-ism.bandcamp.com/album/a-fist
essentialradioheadbootlegs.tumblr.com/
youtu.be/9LY-lh0ANpI
punchbowlrecords.com/store/p1/Even_Oxen_-_Arrayed_Above_the_Seraphim_Lights_//_Cassette_Tape_(COMING_SOON).html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

STILL NEED RECS FROM:
Anonymouse (10s)
Rudi (00s)
Kanzler (80s)
FISH (10s)

I'm surprised that 80s commiecore wasn't CCCP.

Will Caroline ever be truly happy?

predict winners:
60s: tough choice, but either doors or turkish women
70s: not too familiar with these, but early kraftwerk is meh and cunt's thing looks promising, althought David bowie might take the cake
80s: milo
90s: your taste can't be shit enough to prefer 77 live
00s: paavo and electric masada showdown
10s: fred

>I wonder if you can get it?
>get it?
>gets trips
damn...

>tfw the last Doopee release was a blank 7"

My winner prediction for all rounds is pic related.

Sheeheeheeheee

The working class always wins in the end.

bump

He has struck

Jesus and Mary Chain- Psychocandy
honestly it's a lot noiser than i thought, and i like that
its a really good pop album too, with nice noisy dynamics on top of that

good stuff
7.5/10

maybe songs about fugging next, what after that

s/t

Closer
Astigmatic

Glad you liked possibly my favourite album of all time.

I might want to swap out Redskins for their live album, been listening to both tonight and idk if you'll like the slightly cheesy 80s production on parts of the studio album.

btw my album is commie enough right
if that will harm the theme i will change the rec

Have you listened to CCCP Fedeli alla Linea? They were literally Stalin worshipping commies.

krauttronic isn't really commie imo.
i like cheese, and usually prefer studio production.

>80s isn't Bernie Sanders - We Shall Overcome

Missed opportunity.

fine i will change rec to
Can- Delay 1968
btw Can's name stands for Communism, Anarchism, Nihillism so don't try to give me bs about them not being commie enough

nah that's good. i want to get into can more anyway.

that was released in 81. pick another one. i do dig can keep in mind.

fuc i forgot about the 70s restriction

it appears you haven't heard future days, so go for that

no that's the only 70s can i have heard.

I organize all my albums by recording date, and I just want to let you know that you're a BARBARIAN.

then tago mago

>Future Days

Win confirmed.

either way, it was recorded in the 60s, so it doesn't work from that perspective.
added

I have a bit, don't know a massive amount about them but I know about Redskins. And Redskins reflect the 80s where I'm from, idk about CCCP. Probably would have been a safer choice though.

the tourney is now live on rym
rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs_really_important_show_show/

new swans was shockingly boring. it's still post-reunion swans, and has that cool, massive sound to it, but nothing really happens on most tracks. it's not aggressive, it's not even effective ambient, it's just kind of boring.
Grain Loops was the most irritating album i've heard since The Source.
Juice II was well produced footwork that used samples to varying degrees of success.

while i'm waiting for the last few peeps to get recs in, what should i do next?
strawpoll.me/10668006

Funeral Music

no vote with the strawpoll. i'm slowly expanding from my 3 starting points.

I know, but you should listen to it as soon as possible.

with time. with time.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking Glowing Man was uneventful for the most part. I wonder what Impostertuco would say

bump

Good Morning /daily/!

Starting the Jelly Roll Morton box now. Then I got work and then I'm going to see Black Sabbath with my friend. Good times I guess.

Oh fuck, we about to smash this round

also update on the political situation re: the state of Austraya
1. right up until the last hour of vote counting, the Liberals (aka the ones we don't want in) were cock-sure of themselves winning, Turncloak even gave himself a pre-emptive congratulatory speech in which he looked right pissed, red as a beetroot
2. Something weird happened and about 6 Liberal seats were cast into doubt, putting Labor and Liberal on equal footing at 67 seats won each (74 are needed to form government and there are 9 seats to decide)
3. Libs shat themselves, counting resumes today, lets hope for a Labor victory
4. Senate was interesting, Pauline Hanson (the please explain lady) youtube.com/watch?v=dVl9XsK8aqk (from 1993 I think) and Darren Hinch (the radio personality, and all round most blokey bloke to have ever bloked) got in youtube.com/watch?v=WMCfl1usaUM

hey for that one tourney do you want to do the rec with the rym tag romantic or melancholic?

I'd do melancholic. What about you?

i'm good with romantic.

I thought it was super underwhelming and derivative as well.

Otchiene Geroev-Slava
how'd I do and what does it mean

I really really really like this iguana

Wire - 154
Wire finally shed their punk trimmings and make a full-blown Art Rock album, and it's quite good
The main issue I had with Chairs Missing was that a lot of the material felt a little too overdeveloped and overdrawn to be punk and too underdeveloped and almost sloppy to be Art Rock it was kind of a weird middleground between the two that felt not quite as good as either because it was cluttered and a little confused at times
With this one over hya they deliver on a kind of promise made in that album, allowing for breathing room within and without each track to allow the instrumentation to flourish
feel free to call me a pleb now for not liking chairs missing

Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
this was quite good also
near on 2 hours of IDM, mostly with identifyable beats underlying, expected a little more based upon what IDM is built up to be as a genre on the whole, expected to dance with my mind and my booty, I danced mostly with my booty
Nah but in all seriousness the textures are very nice here

what next?

sorry, MHTRTC is an hour, felt like longer than it was, was reading Dharma bums while listening, probably need to revisit it now that ya'll know that

Shit man, you're cleaning up on that chart!
Do My Life in the Bush of Ghosts next!

That is a very fast orange iguana, nice,

Did you like pink flag?

I'm on uni break until the end of July and have nothing to do except go to work when it's expected of me on the weekends, currently trying to cue short term work, that's why it appears as if I am getting through this absurdly quick
(also I really want to do another one because a whole bunch of memes have come up autorecd since starting the chart)

I did, quite a bit, it's just below 154 and above Townes Van Zandt

Oh shit, what's it gonna be???

strawpoll.me/10668364
strawpoll.me/10668364

also for the duration of the Tourney I change trips to ImposterTito, hope no-one is offended

Remove kebab

REMOVE IGUANA remove iguana
you are worst /daily/. you are the /daily/ idiot you are the /daily/ smell. return to rym. to our rym cousins you may come our general. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,/rym/ we will never forgeve you. avant-teen rascal FUck but fuck asshole iguana stink rym sqhipere shqipare../rym/ genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead iguana..ahahahahahRYM WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget tortstament .iguana we kill the pigs , iguana return to your precious rym….hahahahaha idiot iguana nd /rym/ smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE IGUANA FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. anonymouse+tuco+ruggles+letov=kill iguana…you will lose/ mizutani alive in eastern bloc, mizutani making album of eastern bloc . fast noise rock mizutani eastern bloc. we are rich and have points now hahahaha ha because of mizutani… you are ppoor stink iguana… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

mizutani alive numbr one #1 in eastern bloc ….fuck the iguanas ,..FUCKk ashol iguanas no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. miz2tani aliv and real strong wizard kill all the iguana farm aminal with guitar magic now we the eastern bloc rule .ape of the zoo presidant jangle fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and pig wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our points we will crush u lik a skull of pig. eastern bloc greattst team

How have I never heard this masterpiece before?

no u

Time Machines - s/t (Bonus review) (1st impressions)
This is a strange listen; I found myself oscillating between being underwhelmed and overwhelmed quite often. It wasn’t until much further in that I realized that not only was this feeling intentional, but one of the charms and main sources of enjoyment in this album.
Despite being dark ambient, none of this album seemed particularly haunting in the traditional ’spooky’ sense. Instead, the vivid electrical landscapes crafted feelings of exploration and profound discovery (especially the final track).
The whole “altered state” feeling is very essential to enjoying this album, It begins in a melancholic, seduced state with the first track, that left me underwhelmed at first. Looking back, it almost serves as a precursor or warning for what’s to come, which considerably increases my appreciation for it. In the second track it really ramps up, with relentless pulsating frequencies colliding with intertwining ripples of sound. As the piece moves on it becomes more powerful at drawing you into it’s landscape as it seemingly embarks further down the wormhole.
The third and fourth track continue this sense of exploration in very unique ways that somehow all tie together as a single journey. It’s rare for an album over an hour in length to blend so well into a unified theme while still offering so much diversity within that cohesion. This is especially true for ambient pieces, where finding the balance between repetition and forwardness can be a struggle for repeated listens. For now, I enjoyed it immensely and it will be in the “heavy repeated listens” category before I decide it’s fate.
I can see top 10 potential.

Probably the most profound thing i've ever read on /daily/.
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
(2bh though I laughed pretty hard, so thanks for that ^(oo)^ )

this is our team's motto now

What do you think of my shiny new title?

its pretty neat for an orange iguana bastard man

I am ok with this

*takes a sip from a cup of the tears of our Bosnian enemy

And so it is

bump

excellent addition to my meme folder.

Get in the
PLUG
U
FUCKIN
MEMES

Never mind.
It is bedtime.

If I followed this correctly my rec should be communist music from the 2010s that's representative for its century. Interesting, will give you something in the evening.

doesn't have to be commie, but it'll be good for the team if it is.

i'm sleeping soon btw, so just reply when you have it and i'll see it.

>tfw no more Radiohead albums to review at work when bored
I think I should move to Swans now.

pssst

listen to the Grazhdanskaya Oborona discog

Don't they have some bootlegs? I was always interested in these but never bothered
Have you heard any?

All their bootlegs are okay live stuff iirc. Nothing as good as Public Castration / Swans Are Dead / The Gate / etc., but they're alright.

Oh, I was referring to Radiohead
But funny enough it also applies to Swans

a fuck ton. I can recommend some personal faves if you want. Can't up them now cause at work.
Heт, нe ceйчac.

The presidential election in Austria is even mote fucked. Has to be repeated in December or something because it was so close and there were some irregularities.

can it wait like two days? I might rec the new Fishmans album if it's good once I get/rip it. If it's good.

Oh, I'd be glad to get some recs, can probably find them myself

Reminder to listen to my entry-level noise EP:
hedon-ism.bandcamp.com/album/a-fist

I've been away from Sup Forums for like 2 years but since when has /daily/ been /commie/ general?

Well first of all I should start with this
essentialradioheadbootlegs.tumblr.com/

Here are my favorites though:

>Kid A/Amnesiac Live in Paris
Essential rip of the MTV Live performance.
>Live on Le Reservoir
Acoustic performances from Jonny and Thom circa HTTT
>Live 1/23/98 Japan
Features rare performances of Nude, Pearly, Killer Cars, Lurgee
>Live 2000/10/02 Warrington
Pre-Amnesiac release show with Permanent Daylight played live
>2 live shows from Salamanca 2002
These are hard to track down, but I think the one from 7th of August is easier to find.
>Roseland Ballroom 28.09.2011
>Mansfield 1996
Killer versions of OK Computer tracks before their release. Paranoid Android especially.
>Berlin 4/7/2000
>Live at Reading Royal Berks Social Club 1994
if you're a fan of PH/The Bends era
>Thumbs Down/Scotch Mist performances
These count as bootlegs right?
>Saitama Super Arena 2008
>Glastonbury 1997, 2003, 2011
>Reading 2009
>Live in Nimes 2012 (first night)
>Berlin 2012 (best version of Ful Stop imo)

I think that is more than enough

Fishmans STILL hasn't come because of the weekend + 4th mail being down. wew

Guessing it'll be here tomorrow tho

oh dang, Arrayed got an 8? I'm surprised. I really don't know how to pinpoint your taste since it varies from Zappa to Fishmans and personally I don't feel like it sounds like either. Quick thoughts on it?

He actually just randomly generates scores for albums, he doesn't really listen to music at all.

dude should I listen to or read or watch anything prior to watching Endless Waltz? Is the appearance from Haino worth it? ANSWER ME

Wew, thanks alot!

you need to randomly generate more snaps tbhfam
need more terminus

Dogwander, one of my favorite composers is Vladimir Martynov. Have you by any chance heard of him around your area? Seeing the man conduct something is a dream of mine

Never heard of hm tbqh. A lot of the Russian classical musicians tour Latvia all the time, so I might have a chance if he does indeed conduct. WIll keep an eye on him.
any time!

Yeah. No but seriously it was pretty fantastic. The vocals were ace, the noise and distortion gave me a very early-era Microphones/NMH vibe. Very comforting and a lot of fantastic songwriting. Will you be releasing any physicals anytime soon?

I've stopped "reviewing" albums since people seem to hate them anyways.

this

sweet, it's especially worth keeping an eye out if he's ever performing his "Come In!" piece. It's starkly minimal compared to something like Sunrise of the Planetary Dream Collector but just as evokative in emotion imo. I think you'll really like him but hey, we'll see.

youtu.be/9LY-lh0ANpI

Totally! Trianglecubed and I ordered physical copies and are just waiting for them to be shipped out and completed. Preorders were supposed to be available but I think he's gotten so busy with work that it might not happen until the day they come in. At least they won't be going anywhere. When they do come out they'll be Herr though:

punchbowlrecords.com/store/p1/Even_Oxen_-_Arrayed_Above_the_Seraphim_Lights_//_Cassette_Tape_(COMING_SOON).html

Really glad you liked it, Fish. All the more reasons that we were meant to team up and destroy /daily/

Eno and David Byrne - Life in the Bush of Ghosts
how the fuck do I talk about this.... It was good, samples over rock instrumentation
it was good
pls don't lynch me

Grace and Black Snakes next

Hey guys, what's the best way to make a collective top100?

It's ANTHONY Davis tho
that's clearly a plot against iguanas

now listening to Splazsh by Actress while cleaning my room

RYM top 100 ratings of all the memers

>tfw I won't see her ever again and it's been nearly two months since i've seen her

what's some music for that feel

Spiderland