I feel it's time for a thread to save Rock & Roll. Get in here if you're not ready to see it die...

I feel it's time for a thread to save Rock & Roll. Get in here if you're not ready to see it die. Let's recall what went right/ where it went wrong, and chart a course for revival.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hfUSyoJcbxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rock sucks

>some guy drunkposting about literally "saving rock & roll" with guitar and amp in hand

You're my favorite person on the entire board right now, but I'm still going to sage your shit thread

Godspeed

Rock is already dead

Bump

Ironically this is my favorite post on the entire board right now, and to celebrate I'm not gonna sage.

We need more threads like this. I think money happened and that is what killed music of any genre before it even started

>we need more threads like this
Just how incorrect can one anonymous Sup Forums poster be? We'll be back with more after the break.

>The Iraq war destroyed white culture

Bump

For one thing Rock must get back to featuring a danceable beat to reclaim the sexually promiscuous drug experimenting youth that EDM has highjacked. Thats Rock's target demographic, thats our turf!

Pic unrelated. Favorite metal album.

rock beats used to be considered dance beats back when it was new... i dunno know if its just me but i can hear the connection of the backbeats to Big Black and Jesus Lizard songs to Kraftwerk kinda rhythms

How in the actual fuck does this relate? Did you mean to post it on Sup Forums?

Thats cool, whatever... I accept your fringe politics, but you owe us an explanation

Okay.... So, logically, Rock mustve drifted away from danceable backbeat in favor of virtuosity? I dare say it began with Zep (crosses self), and proceeded down the line til it reached Dream Theater proportions.... Masturbation. ... oooooh, im so killer, check out muh yngvie sweeps

What why was my post political or Sup Forums? I just thought about it cause Albini said he was influenced by early kraftwerk

What are you talking about? Fall Out Boy already saved it.

Albini digging kraftwerk made you proclaim the disparity of white culture post 911?

We need a new punk
Indie rock is stale, trite, and boring, I'm fucking sick of dance-pop, country sucks, and I'm not black so I'm not allowed to do rap
Rock needs to reinvent itself. Fast, loud, fun, new, and danceable. That's what we need

So, what will save Rock is shitty drummers and lazy badd players? Thats brilliant because they be found everywhere! B b b but how do you get the guitar-fags to go along with this? They are the remaining problem coz singers don't give a shit about intricate song structure

>Fast, loud, fun
Yeah, it's called metal

Oh shit it looked like you were replying to my post about Jesus Lizard and Big Black. That Iraq war post was some other user. Dumb misunderstanding. Sorry for the mixup.
Well I think you're close to the problem. A lot of rock fans nowadays will turn their nose up at the thought of "dance music" despite the shared roots and rhythms foundations. Not to mention dance music roots in krautrock and stuff like that. Maybe there just needs to be more open minded rock fans taking inspiration from dance or electronic music instead of only sticking to influences from "approved rock canon". Like M. Gira also said he was hugely influenced by Die Mensch Maschine and I can hear it in the way they escew chord progression and melody for raw grooves and syncopated noise. I'm sure at some point some creative rock band will make a guitar version of something like Government Plates

1. Everyone draw more influence from Ramones.

2. Rock is saved

Not just inspiration from dance or electronic music but all kinds of world or avant-garde or modern digital avant-garde, etc

If you think that rock is dead you're officially retarded

I visualize pounding, nay, BANGING drums accompanied by groovey bass. Same principle as edm so fat, ya following me? And the vocalist and guitarists do what would normally be done with keys & synth

What metal albums would you recommend to a newbie in the genre

If there's going to be a rock revival in the US akin to "another Nirvana" it's going to be a band that takes the ideas of bands like The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Warlocks, Dead Meadow, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club like what Nirvana did with Pixies, Meat Puppets, Wipers, etc.

I''m not saying there's anything wrong with wearing influence on your sleeve, but that's how the rock revival is going to happen.

Lol no

The Crystal Method except with real instruments? Funny, they claim what they do is an effort at making rock music but they cant play real instruments. It comes full circle

Just listen to Reign in Blood and that should give you a clue whether you want to invest in the genre or not.

Those are the "hip" bands among millennials forming forward thinking bands (i.e. not pop-punk or emo revival) though. It's what's in currently and about to hit the mainstream whether you like it or not.

Thank you for requesting my dissertation

The Crystal Method (late 90s edm) future rock prototype?youtu.be/hfUSyoJcbxU

youtu.be/hfUSyoJcbxU

That would be a fun project.... rock band that covers EDM bangers. Lol. I could do that.

And like punk & grunge, it would be highly accessible to unproficient musicians. Would quickly be called a movement.

Ok I feel like this played with rock instruments would probably just sound like Can or live Radiohead songs from Kid A or TKOL depending on the 'heaviness'

Yeah, its not a tall order being asked to not write a bridge & chorus, lol. No breakdown. Just constant onslaught of ass shaking groove.

I'm making rock arrangments of anime music
Shit is cash. I'm saving rock next year familia

m-may i have some tabs user?

i-i like the re zero OP solo

BOOM, i know how to keep the guitarist invested!

---Looper---

All effects, but especially looper or delay with looper

Money is okay. Besides if a musicians priorities are in order, his aim is pleasing an audience. Maybe you say you mean to please the doing what you love? But even still you resolve to let the free market sort it out, and thats an honorable pursuit

All joking aside we do need more threads like this on Sup Forums. There's no sense of community here anymore.
>tfw you will never browse 2007 mu ever again

Solos! We miss the absurdly long and overindulgent leads of great guitar virtuosos. Bring it back