I'm genuinely concerned that I won't find another album as good as this in years

I'm genuinely concerned that I won't find another album as good as this in years

Prove me wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/music/best100.html
evenoxen.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=1Tl3e1WIU-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

scaruffi.com/music/best100.html

Untitled puts me to sleep though...

thanks, i'll check this out

I've seen this guy around, is he just a really respectable reviewer? Are these rankings his personal opinions or something else?

I think he's more of a historian than a full on reviewer but I think his opinion means more than a lot of other reviewers out there based on the sheer size of music he's reviewed and some of the other stuff he does on his website.

If you haven't already, check out Strawberry Jam. It's a lot poppier than STGSTV, but it's still a fantastic album and it's the closest thing they've done to it. Also, Cuckoo Cuckoo sounds like it could be on STGSTV.

Listened to Strawberry Jam, it was alright but not very engaging to me

Hey OP, I hate to shill but this album does often get compared to sections of STGSTV. It's nowhere near as good but I do feel it could serve as a decent substitute while you keep looking.

evenoxen.bandcamp.com

Check out Here Comes the Indian if you want something more abstract from them.

Totally, along with Hollindagain and Danse Manatee, these are probably the best choices

I'll check it out
Heard before, didn't really like
I'll make sure to check em out

Hollindagain definitely. It's one of my favorite releases from them and really matches the sudden shifts between quiet and loud on STGSTV

If you didn't like Here Comes the Indian, probably don't bother with Hollindagain and Danse. Unless you really liked the high frequencies on STGSTV

It's not even that good, jeez

Well what did you like about it? It's easier to go from there.

Not OP, but this is awesome.

I hope this guy ends up sticking with it

Here Comes the Indian had less vocals and piano IIRC, which is why I didn't like it as much
Mainly the singing and piano, the high frequencies somehow worked in it's favor as well

Try Feels. Vocals are very central, it has some piano but in general just very pretty sounds, and has a stronger focus on songwriting than something like Here Comes the Indian or Hollindagain.

Listened to Feels before and I love it, not as much as STGSTV but definitely their second best.

Anything from other artists you can recommend?

You might like The Age of Adz.

It's not the exact same as Animal Collective, but Black Dice, Gang Gang Dance, and some others are similar. You should try them out.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Tl3e1WIU-8

Try Mercury Rev's first album maybe

Thanks
That track was pretty good, will listen to them further
Have them on my backlog, high hopes for it