This was the last relevant pop rock album

>all singles released reached platinum or higher
>Boulevard of Broken became the second most popular song in America at some point
>15 million copies sold
>a fucking musical

Name another later rock album that resonated with critics AND the general pleb public
>you fucking can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99PwfIzMzr0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree. It's also pop punk's logical conclusion

Brainless God came out three years ago, that's the last great pop punk album ever. Anything henceforth can go to fucking hell

Dookie was genuinely good, and truly relevant. This album you're promoting was their sellout album. They had turned their back on their sound and applied themselves to a political agenda that was not (i believe) their own.

Yeah, "band for hire; will work for corporate whores for seedy cause."

Perfectly summed up the feelings of the American public in a post-9/11 world. Extremely culturally relevant at the time of release. I'm seriously surprised that it isn't more popular with critics.

Where is Green Day now? As if this president isnt precisely the same variety of rotten? And who grants them moral authority anyway? Pfft. Fucking joke.

theres a rumor that cigarettes and valentines wasnt stolen but was secretly scrapped by their label for being more of the same and being shitty, and so they hired ghostwriters (maybe ric ocasek?) to make american idiot

>They had turned their back on their sound and applied themselves to a political agenda that was not (i believe) their own

I've never believed BJA wasn't an honest-to-god California liberal idiot.

A mix between this and Stadium Arcadium and the latter didn't have nearly the cultural significance.

I believe they were formerly neutral, purely disengaged from politics as a whole... the proverbial "american idiot" they would go on to protest. I feel it could not have been their work

youtube.com/watch?v=99PwfIzMzr0

>American Idiot will be 12 years old this year

wew lad

what is life :(

This was the last good pop rock album actually

Now that I think about it, does Coldplay's new album count as culturally relevant? Everything they've done has been super popular but of course not critically loved.

This one, it started a whole new genre, not only that but inspired countless other bands

>inb4 shitposting

Oops forgot to attach the image

hi brock

Sup dude

duh

In Rainbows. and I will stand by this opinion that it is a pop rock album.

but the average pleb listeners have no idea about it