People seriously think this is hard to get

>people seriously think this is hard to get

how pleb can you be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4Wu6Zw1fUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's nothing to get, it's shit

this album would have been a lot better without the shitty talking parts and ella guru

There's nothing to get, it's shit

that album is a masterpiece. stop shitposting

You've got the right idea, there's nothing to get.

But it's not exactly shit, some of the blues and jazz rooted riffs and shit is nice to listen to. It's overrated because of it's weirdness though. It's a 7/10 at best.

I get that it's shit

In what way exactly?

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up troutmask my name is don but u can call me c4pta1n b33fh34rt!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 listen to free jazz w/ my boyfriend (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its my favorite genre!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! hes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
TROOOOOOOOOOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking kill yourself faggot

Its not hard to get. Its literally just him wanking around and making avant jazz blues shit.
People point to it like its some sort of masterpiece in music but it is literally not even an important album.

TVU's output was far more important.

MODS this guy is 13 time to ban him for being underaged.

Fuck what anyone says I sing along to that first track
MY SMILE IS STUCK
I CANNOT GO BACK TO YOUR FROWNLAAND

how have you never seen that pasta before

But that's fucking wrong. The songs are very complex in terms of instrumentation. Basically every single instrument is played exceptionally well and blends with each other on the whole album

youtube.com/watch?v=q4Wu6Zw1fUc

Am I the only one who listened to TMR and thought it was actually pretty accessible and fun

It's like your trying to have shit opinions

*you're
and I apparently have shit grammar

Accessible by Sup Forums standards? Maybe.
Accessible by general standards? Stop being a cock.

Your opinion is still worse

No, on my first listen I thought it was pretty enjoyable and not really that weird (except a few of the vocal parts).

I can see how if you were alive when the album first came out, you'd think it was garbage or extremely uber-avant garde experimental art. But nowadays, it's not that unique. It certainly deserves a ton of credit for being innovative for its time, but if this album came out today most people wouldn't be that excited.

Well yeah, but like 90% of all the music discussed on Sup Forums isn't accessible to the general public. That's not elitism, that's just how it works in all "alternative" music communities. Though Sup Forums also happens to be elitist as fuck, independently.

I can promise you that if this came out today there would be no real discussion of it and Sup Forums would give anyone who brought it up shit for being "so le randum XDDDDD".

Some days I listen to avant garde rock and am all like "oh well this is highly dissonant, experimental, unconventional, ahead of it's time, influential, blah blah blah best album of all time"
And other times I just think it's pretentious shit
I don't know what to believe

Something like Ella guru , moonlight on vermont, dachau blues is definitely accessible.

It's like sometimes people have different opinions than others.

Let me preface this by saying this is personal opinion, and while I think it's shit, I will not say it is objectively bad. I am a huge fan of Frank Zappa, so I can't understand for the life of me why I can't get into this. While I appreciate the raw jazz sound of the album, this is an album comprised entirely of throwaway songs. Frank Zappa also seemed like the kind of guy that would publish whatever he came up with regardless if it was a masterpiece or not, but at least he had some significant works. I understand that this is the point of it, but I believe most people that dislike it also know the point of it but dislike it anyways because they may not be fans of the effortless song writing

I agree with you mostly in that not all the songs are great but there are some absolute blues rock masterpieces on that album.

Which more recent album would you consider groundbreaking and experimental?