In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

so what's the deal with this album, Sup Forums? I've been hearing a lot about it. Is it worth a try?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n3mC3AyNMZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only if you want to be or are a cuck

Cuck isn't a real word, and yes you should.

Overrated

It's popular for a reason. Give it a listen

Epic

It's one of the most subjective albums out there. Don't ask us for your opinion, dude. Make your own.

if u dont like itaots u have shit taste

I just listened to it about 3 weeks back and love the album, and I'm sure you'll feel the same way. Just listen to it on spotify or torrent the album.

Second-best album of the '90s imo, top twenty all-time

it's hailed upon for a reason. give it a listen, and give updates.

It's the only album I'd give a 10.
Seriously, listen to it.

Spotted the cuck

King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 is the only good song.

you forgot your /s

God I bet you think OK Computer is the best of the 90s

Yeah bro, fuck your opinions and taste. Faggot.

It's pretty great imho.

its over 20 years old now, if you're unable to listen to it and make a judgement for yourself then maybe Sup Forums is the perfect place to ask this question.

>1998
>20 years ago

it pretty much changed my life in a lot of ways, not specifically the album but the way it made me feel. Helped me get out of a real bad relationship. I know im suppose to be an asshole but uh yeah give it a listen.

It's the 2nd best.

Loveless is number 1.

Really good songwriting, fun arrangement of indie rock and circus music, kinda like a trippy romantic Alice in Wonderland. The vocals are love it or hate it.

both 7/10

You sound like a bitch lol

Yes it is.

Now delete your faggot thread and go listen to it already.

Little overrated but still really enjoyable and fun. I'd recommend it

You can think whatever you want about OKC but giving Loveless a 7 shows that you have a "doesn't actually know shit about music" syndrome

So glad I got to see them last year. Wonderful album, but you've fucked up by waiting too long, don't even bother.

explain what's so good about it then. 7 is a very good rating, i'm not talking pitchkek inflated ratings

what are your top three releases from the 90's?

I was thinking Grace by Jeff Buckley

Laughing Stock
Pygmalion
Richard D James Album

chances are you're younger than the album

youtube.com/watch?v=n3mC3AyNMZk

i bought the record on release...

Only if you like generic hipster garbage

nice dude, i bought on avery island, does it mean shit if we're arguing on an hentai basketweaving forum?

nah

It's not a bad album, but I've never understood all the hype. It never really struck me as particularly interesting or creative.

all shit

see, i'm the dickhead asked the question, and even i have to disagree with that.

Its good

its pretty good but it got overhyped to the point that its now a meme

Yes, disregard the memes

It'a beautiful. Jeff Mangum is a goddsmn genius.

Yes it is. Now fuck off.

kek I bet you think TKOL is worse than HTTT and AMSP

Everyone will call it overrated because its the indie rock darling that has spent the last 5 or so years getting its dick sucked on internet boards like this one

The tide is turning now though, people are being edgy teens and reacting against its popularity but its still as good as it ever was

I don't listen to it much anymore, but it will always have a special place in my heart. Its aesthetic was so original, only since Arcade Fire its easy to feel disheartened that so many bands have deconstructed its most intimate elements to enhance their own sound - that kind of kitsch, victorian penny arcade vibe, an exuberant sense of childlike wonder and lyricism that is both creepy and profound. Do it, OP, it is definitely worth it

OP here lads, I'll give it a listen on my way to work.

kek, because it is

I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST

>Richard D James Album

lol

also the best album of the 90s is Liquid Swords you plebs

Fantastic album. The title track is the best pop song ever made imo, though some might disagree with me on branding it a pop track

i tell you what happened to me, i discover that album first as a meme in /b and then when i discover /mu i read a lot of bad comments about it.

When i first hear the album i dont like it, i think it was garbage, but then i felt in love. This album makes a strange link with the listener, for good or bad.

I found that /mu sometimes its so drastic in his opinions.

the same happened to me with Richard.

But i enjoyed selected ambient works

When I first heard it I was going through a major depressive episode and I became obsessed with it and with trying to understand how it had the effect on me that it did. Never did figure that out. I'm a very cynical, nihilistic person, but this is album is the closest I've come to believing in magic.