DUBS DECIDES WHICH ALBUM I LISTEN TO - VOLUME VI

DUBS PICKS NEXT ALBUM (NO REPEATS,FAKES, OR STUFF SO OBSCURE I CAN’T FIND IT)

VOLUME 6

Albums that constitute repeats:
>Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt (3/10)
>Animal Collective - Hollinndagain (8/10)
>Major Parkinson - Major Parkinson (7.5/10)
>Songs from the Crystal Cave - Steven Seagal (4/10)
>Nurse With Wound - Homotopy to Marie (8/10)

===========================================================================
Review of “Homotopy to Marie” by Nurse With Wound.

This is another very abstract album and so, to me, the imagery invoked by the sounds was of utmost importance. The album is essentially a dark musique concrete work that creates a certain atmosphere using a collection of (mostly non-musical) sounds. The atmosphere created by this album is all-encompassing and demented. The first two songs evoke, in my mind, strong imagery of being in someplace where you cannot move and hearing something in the darkness at the other side of the room. The title track especially excels at the creation of this feeling.

The Schmulz is slightly different and deviates slightly from this concept. At 24 minutes, it uses a wider variation of sounds and it’s evoked imagery is more expansive than the first two tracks. I, personally, imagine an abandoned house with the ghosts of former inhabitants interacting. A bonus surprise - a brief sampling of actual music! - lies at the end of the Schmulz as a bone to those who do not like the inaccessible and highly experimental work that the rest of the album consists of.

(contd.)

Korn debut

Whether or not this album is even music is debatable, but I won’t get into that debate here. What this album is terrific at, much like Hollinndagain, is evoking a certain kind of imaginary narrative and feeling that I can verify, only this album brings a much more consistent mood of dread.

8/10

DUBS DECIDES NEXT ALBUM. WILL STAY TO SEE WINNER THEN REVIEW WINNER TOMORROW.

Doopees - Doopee Time

limp bizkit - three dollar bill yall$

ceres and calypso - candy claws

Glad you liked it, OP.

Oasis-Be Here Now

rock bottom by robert wyatt

Coldplay-A Rush Of Blood To The Head

are awe allowed to reroll OP

korn debut

Oasis-Whats the story morning glory

Rerolls are permitted.

reroll

whoopsie, i'm tired and didn't see repeats, ignore it.

stereolab, space age bacholer music

REROLL

Reroll on this

Seriously a good pop-rock album that you must listen to

Yay, I won

DING DING DING!

First winner on a reroll.

The next album review will be: Three Dollar Bill Yall by Limp Bizkit.

Thanks for the suggestions. Don't hesitate to suggest because if somebody sincerely says that an album is a must listen I do, in fact, put it in my "normal" listening backlog. I just won't review it for a dubs thread is all.

Also before we leave reminder of my excellent digits in this thread .

How you looking forward toward three dollar bill yall$? It's still bizkit but the instrumentation in it is a lot more different than in Chocolate Starfish.

I have never listened to Limp Bizkit before! i have no clue what to expect.

Kyle and The Gang - Grand Theft Auto V