Tfw EDM has taken over

>tfw EDM has taken over

crazy how the scene's grown in just a couple years, shit ton more DJ's so not sure if that is making it diluted but still lot of good shit release every week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BkczzkGrYDQ
djmag.com/top100dj
residentadvisor.net/dj-100.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well its only about 8 years old, its not surprising.

It is the most evolved form of music.

it's been around longer than that, guys like tiesto have been making music back in the 90's.

rappers, hip hop artists, even rock singers are collabing with EDM DJ's

True but ''EDM'' as we know it wasn't a thing till the mid/late 2000s

EDM didn't exist i nthe 90s. EDM is your faggot nu-male generation, not ours. Keep up you stoopid cunt.

yeah but back then it was trance

R8 these guys

youtube.com/watch?v=BkczzkGrYDQ

Not EDM

I fucking hate nu-EDM with a burning passion. Do not make this type of thread again.

>nu-EDM

what?

yes it did you fucking retard, it existed as far back as the 80s.

i'm talking about the superpolished tastycat instagram shit that every young person listens to because they want to be cool

do you listen to real music like led zeppelin

Thats not EDM, retard

>EDM
djmag.com/top100dj

>not ''EDM''
residentadvisor.net/dj-100.aspx

>muh lesser-known dance/club electronic music is better than the popular stuff because I say so

fuck off

it's all EDM

>Not EDM

I said RATE not TELL ME IF THIS IS EDM.

I know fully well that faggotry is not straighthood, and white isn't red.

>any of the RA list
>obscure

YEEHAW!

you guys realize that early techno and house still falls under the umbrella of "electronic dance music," right?

>there was no shitty electronic music nobody but normies like on the 90s

Surely you jest...

You realise ''EDM'' is the name for the music played at Ultra Music Festival and Electronic Daisy Carnival, not all electronically produced music you can dance to, right?

>electronically produced music you can dance to

why would music that fits that category NOT be considered EDM?

EDM fits into electronically produced music you can dance to, not the other way round.

I dance to Stockhausen too, is he EDM?

are you autistic

>straighthood
is
is that a word

No, just not retarded.

>I dance to Stockhausen too, is he EDM?
Stockhausen never made dance music nor did he set out to. Techno and house, no matter how niche they've become, were genres created out of the club (see: dance) scenes of Detroit and Chicago, respectively. Just because you don't like the music that "le normies" associate with "EDM" doesn't make the term any less applicable to Gas, Basic Channel and all your other favorite autistic minimal industrial micro dub techno. Stop being a dumb prick and go outside.

Stockhausen didn't create his music with the idea of people dancing to it in mind.

you can defend your "not EDM" techno and house and shit all you want but don't deny that the majority of people who made that music made it to be blared in night clubs where everyone is out of their mind on drugs, which is no better than the EDM you hate.

I can't wait for summer to end

what is going on itt honestly

Dipshit that thinks that his favorite minimal techno is above the label of "electronic dance music" gets really angry over nothing.

edm is a retronym, ofc ppl are gonna disagree on its meaning

Intent is irrelevant.

yeah too bad the genre is complete shit. were just a couple ableton live updates where soon the dj's won't matter. daw will just automate the bpm and right tunes depending on people's mood.

Hope i can program that algorithm :)

>electronic dance music
>didn't exist in the 90's

k

''EDM'' didn't.

learn2read

>there are people who genuinely don't realize "EDM" is a contemporary marketing term and that its usage as a genre label is different from its meaning
embarrassing

>pardners on Sup Forums

IDM > EDM

ftfy
non-pards don't realize how bad it truly is

why is EDM leaking out of the middle schools

EDM is the new rock n' roll

EDM in the 10s is like rock in the 60s

This is semi related. What can I do to improve my sound design? I follow massive tutorials online but they come or sounding shit. Advice?

what do I do if I want to listen to electronic but not dance music

Ambient

I don't really care. It would be cool if EDM got bigger in the US because more people would be interested in underground shit.

This. I want prog house to come back big time

this

>Britbongs think only euros can into club music

/bleep/ pls. Chicago pard here. Midwestern Americans who care about music are very serious about their house and techno. Also we invented it so fuck off

What do you think about Chicago natives like Wanzer and Traxx?

"Electronica" is probably what you want.

fuck that shit, mess around and make your own thing. keep making shit on your own until you figure out something that sounds not shit.