Where are some classical tracks that have enormous buildups (similar to modern electronic music of multiple genres)?

Where are some classical tracks that have enormous buildups (similar to modern electronic music of multiple genres)?
Why have centuries of music not worked on that kind of thunderous sound? Most compositions seem to be extremely mellow. Where are the fast-paced experiments?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTE08SS8fNk
youtube.com/watch?v=EAiv-LU82t4
youtube.com/watch?v=_9RT2nHD6CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ib8T148A3RU
youtube.com/watch?v=b5nEEObk2QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QfrAXZC7GKA
youtube.com/watch?v=ED25Yy-GArQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AculPJcCOcI
youtube.com/watch?v=794tKBIgkwc
youtube.com/watch?v=lCrKcnphuR4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFFHaz9GsY
youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI
youtube.com/watch?v=7v8zxoEoA_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you want enormous buildups, or do you want fast-paced?

Either way how about:

Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 35 youtube.com/watch?v=CTE08SS8fNk

or

Philip Glass - Akhnaten youtube.com/watch?v=EAiv-LU82t4

Godspeed you black emperor.

>literally wondering where the drop is in classical music

i hate this board so much

>getting pissy at people wondering why multiple centuries of music did not already explore these ideas presented in entire genres that are currently mass-produced and beaten to death
I hate you so much.

Dunno if thats exactly what youre looking for but Dvoraks "from the new world" is pretty bombastic with buildups.

Tchaikovsky is reliably the best fucking composer.

who cares, you're an idiot

why don't you think about it yourself for a minute and see if you can work it out

>think about it yourself for a minute
Yeah, let me come up with an explanation out of my ass.
This is history, not interpretive dance, you fucking imbecile.

this lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=_9RT2nHD6CQ

go to Allegro con fuoco at 39:22

why do you think the large majority of classical music, written before the dawn of capitalism, does not fall prey to predictable tension and release musical conventions found in modern music genres, which are as you say, mass-produced, and made to appeal to the lowest common denominator to achieve maximum appeal

think about these two systems of creation and distribution

really think hard

la gazza ladra - Gioacchino Rossini
youtube.com/watch?v=Ib8T148A3RU

the "drop" starts to happen at about 1:50

Lowest common denominator music really sucks, and actually typically has no buildup. Brostep was much more underground, and the mass-produced/capitalized version of brostep and electro are extremely more mellow (see trap and pop-electro).
Your argument falls apart.

nigga music was just as much a commodity in post-Renaissance times as it is today. commoners would talk and get out of their seats and make a fucking mess at operas.

The harpsichord, the main instrument during the baroque and Renaissance periods was only capable of tiered dynamics. You either got loud or soft, no inbetween.

>brostep was much more underground

Lmao

>universal music group invented brostep!!!!!!
Yeah, okay, buddy.

stravinsky rites of spring

literally one of the most well known compositions of all time

also its called fortissimo
and its a pretty common thing in all classical music not just modern schoenberg phillip glass steve reich john adams bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=b5nEEObk2QQ

this guy and Tchaikovsky are literally the only composers worth listening to

Not even him, but brostep was literally the commercially viable cousin of actual dubstep, and the one which hit top 40 charts. I have no idea what your definition of underground is but once a genre of music reaches that level of popularity I feel like you'd have to feel that it wasn't really "underground" anymore, right? Whatever. You seem really aggressively stupid to be honest.

Brostep started as a bunch of teenagers on youtube making really bad music remixes without any talent or skill in the tradition of plucked melody trance remixes and AMVs

this
the transition into the second section is undoubtedly a "drop" in modern terms.

I feel like such a pleb but shit damn I love that piece

>top 40 charts
Name the actual brostep tracks that hit top 40, and I might understand your argument.
I'll throw in a "not even him," even though we are all Anonymous.

Skrillex's several hits
Knife Party's several hits
Feed Me's several hits

Top 40 changed their algorithm. They're not Pop Music. Lowest-common-denominator industrially produced music dominates the Top 40 even AFTER the actual "market analysis" was factored in.
Feed Me isn't even fucking brostep.

La Roux
Basshead
Scary Monsters

literally every "dubstep track" that has been popular on the radio has been brostep, dubstep never had that appeal it was too lowkey

>moving_goalposts.gif

>bass head
>"brostep"
>170bpm
It is like you have literally never understood this.
You put up the goalposts of "top 40." I stated I could not _understand_ your argument until you actually fucking made it.

>who cares
Sup Forums - lol who cares about music

>my argument

just watching amused from the sidelines friend x

>amused from the sidelines
>interjecting an opinion
Pick one, retard.

I pick the first one x

Music labels don't invent music genres, they just co-opt them. While certain conventions seem really obvious, such as tension and release, cachy choruses or a common thematic, nobody really knows if the next big thing is going to involve a particular style of heavy sub bass.

If you want big, huge and thunderous compositions, there are plenty to be found.

these are probably some of the more known

youtube.com/watch?v=QfrAXZC7GKA

youtube.com/watch?v=ED25Yy-GArQ

youtube.com/watch?v=AculPJcCOcI
(51:50 outward, though the whole thing is recomended)

youtube.com/watch?v=794tKBIgkwc

Definitely new Swans. The seer, to be kind, the glowing man

I actually had a couple recs but based on this thread I can tell you're a fucking retard and I don't feel like you deserve to be spoonfed, so instead I'll just say "Fuck you, go educate yourself."

I don't understand why people are complaining about ''where's muh drop at'' as if people can't just have a preference for more epic and thunderous classical songs. Guess that's just Sup Forums.

My recommendations are well-known and probably really normalfag but didn't see them posted here yet so here we go anyway:

Camille Saint-Saƫns - Danse Macabre (Efteling Version) youtube.com/watch?v=lCrKcnphuR4
Giuseppe Verdi - Dies Irae youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFFHaz9GsY
Edvard Grieg - Hall of the Mountain King youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI
Antonio Vivaldi - La Follia youtube.com/watch?v=7v8zxoEoA_Q
Hiroshi Yamaguchi - You May Call Me Father youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4 (Pretty much every non-jazz song from the OST applies too)