The darkest album you ever listened to and why it's so dark

Mine is The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers. The album deals with death penalty, serial killers, suicide by self-starvation, facism and it's anti-politically correct, with music influenced by goth, industrial and post-punk. I fucking love this album.

What's dark about that

The overall themes, music and mood of the album.

It's made by a suicidal anorexic freak

Concept album based on the idea of surgery without anaesthesia

Ohh nooOo

OP here, must be awesome.

Sounds like some insecure pussy shit to me

I thought this too, when I was 15.

You probably think gnaw their tongues is dark

Nice. Do you want a cookie for that?

You probably think buyer's market is dark

Miles Davis looks pretty dark, so i'd go with Kind of Blue

It's ok

He was depressed and later killed himself. What can be darker than an actual expression of suicide?

You probably think Black One is dark

Homicide.

Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

Are nirvana and Elliott smith also top contenders for you

Infanticide.

Go to professional comedy, pls.

Xd

Genocide

P dark imo

It's not that dark but it's pretty depressing, like there's a track about his girl friend calling him out for being an in general asshole, I'm pretty sure there's something in there about him hitting her

elliot smith was murdered kurt probably was too

OP here. I already listened to Black One and to The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me. Both were amazing. I acctually cried on The Devil and God.

the absolute mad man

Oh shit have you ever heard "Stan" or "Kim" by Eminem? That's some dark shit

I'd say Kid A or Blackstar (RIP)

See There's nothing dark about talking about edgy shit unless you're my mom and you're very sensitive about that sort of thing

then what is dark

Duty Now for the Future had to be the darkest album I've ever listened to because it starts off with an instrumental that sounds like funeral music. The second track is about death itself. There's spooky tracks with topics such as living in the wiggly world (just imagine wiggling non stop all the time like a seizure.) A song about painful head aches, wanting either sex or food one more time before you die, and a powerful song about not only shoving poles in holes, but being a spud boy looking for that real tomato. Suburban Robots that monitor reality is quite the supernatural thought isn't it?

The Slim Shady LP. There is rape on this shit!

It was done by the same person

They self-killed themselves bro.

This album is really intense. Especaily Cry Wolf and ...A Psychopath.

I find 4st 7lbs hard to listen to sometimes. It does a really good job of describing what anorexia is like.

Nothing. If you're looking for darkness in music you're probably underage

Nah

Okay Courtney

I think Cobain was pushed into committing suicide, but I think Smith was likely murdered.

OP here, yeah it looks dark. I will give it a listen latter.

I stare at the sky and it leaves me blind.

A 90-piece orchestra and a bunch of rhymes about heroin. Let It Come Down.

IIIIIIIIIF WHIIIIIITE
AMEEEEEERICAAAAA
TOOOOLD THE TRUUUTH
FOR OOONE DAY!

nah man, Manics are pretty peachy :)

You probably think The Black Album is dark

nice meme you sure convinced me

>raping children doesn't bother me you must be underage

This is not the darkest album I've ever heard, but I can't seem to remember the name or the artist. This is pretty high on my darkest album list, though, the atmosphere is really unsettling and dissonant, the first time I listened to it, it made me uneasy.

really? i thought it was beautiful

I wasn't used to music like this back then, it was my first experience with experimentalism.

album is Virgins by Tim Hecker, i really enjoyed it