Thoughts on this album?

Thoughts on this album?

Essential pleb filter

its fun and original
i like it a whole lot

Bulbous also tapered

nice comedy novelty record, too man people try to take it too seriously

Part of what makes it so good is the fact that it seems like it should suck but after a couple listens ends up being groovy as hell. I like how unique it is.

>first listen
>wtf is this shit why do people call this the best album of all time
>second listen
>hmm I guess it's not that bad
>third listen
>holy fuck this is amazing
>fourth listen
>B U L B O U S

Mere exposure effect. Doesn't mean the music is actually good in any way

Amazing album

You do you pleblord

correct, only plebs dislike it

I was young, far too young. He was wintering in Kent, whoever 'he' was. I may have convinced myself that it was all a dream. I first saw him when he held the door for me at the local railway museum, and our paths crossed again in the library; we both reached for the same copy of Nabokov's Pale Fire as he hummed the vocal melody of Van Morrison’s Cyprus Avenue. Our hands brushed, and we looked to each other – I with a nervous smile, he with a grin that has now come to haunt my mind's eye whenever I allow my thoughts to wander as I am taken in by the motorik rhythms of certain popular German progressive rock bands. "Take it," he said. "I much prefer his earlier work." I thanked him and turned to leave, but as I did so he grabbed my dress and tugged me back, forcefully wrapping his arm about my waist and pushing my bottom against the rock of his crotch. I respected the policies of the library too much to scream. He pressed his nose to my scalp – "You're a soft little machine, aren't you? Mhm... seven out of ten." For reasons I still do not entirely comprehend, his judgement relaxed me. I told him my train was not leaving for another hour and he led me back to his cottage. Foreplay consisted of him slapping me about the face and asking "What does my baby say?" until I tearfully replied with "W-we can live in the empty spaces of this life." I do not wish to recall the rest of the afternoon in any more detail, but it was, as you would expect, slow, deep, and hard. Part of my therapy has involved revisiting the library, wherein I overheard a man at the desk enquiring as to where he could find a book on the Beatles. The look that crept upon the librarian’s face is one with which I am all too familiar. My smile is stuck, I cannot go back to your frownland…

I feel like the people who dislike it haven't actually listened to it through completely

>le TMR meme amirite
this is posted every single day just stop

I have

Only reason anyone non-ironically enjoys this shit is the mere exposure effect, period

Weirdly good blend of blues and jazz, while making the Beatles like their late work wasn't experimental at all.

Reminder that the Velvet Underground is the only experimental rock group worth listening to

Heard it first when I was 15 and I hated it though I liked Zappa and just about all the experimental stuff he did throughout the late 60s and 70s.

Listened again when I was 17, liked it more but still wouldn't consider something I would listen to regularly.

Finally, when I was 18 I gave it one more try and found myself loving it and being able to treat it like the most banal pap you've ever heard.

I truly think it takes a trained ear to enjoy this album, that's not to say I think it's "objectively" good, but it's not something you can just dive into without some previous exposure to experimental music.

It's been that way for years and years user, just accept it or leave

TMR is not even interesting or cool
It's just boring autismblues

I liked it on first listen

Only plebs cannot get with THE BLIMP THE BLIMP FRANK!

this

what's the point of anonymously lying to anonymous strangers?

If I hate xiu xiu and will always hate xiu xiu, could I like this album? My favorite stuff I've gotten through over multiple listens, but the only guy who I know likes Beefhart is into that sort of shit.

look mum! now they'll think im a "patrician" !!!

what's the point of living such a disgusting life as a pleb?

yes, I can't stand Xiu Xiu and I love Beefheart

This

Alright bud I'll give it a few goes and space them out as need be. I'm usually pretty open to anything that can keep my interest.

That's not how Captain Beefheart viewed it

Yes and no.

It is an intentionally absurd album, but there's a lot of sonic innovation to be heard. It's not just some funny joke it really is an avant-garde classic.

try listening to it while you're doing something and just passively hearing the music instead of over-analyzing it. Sounds pretentious but it might help.

why not both?

a fucking masterpiece

I'll put it on when I drive and when I play dark souls then.

>TMR
>while driving
recipe for road rage right there

>video games

kys

Why would you pretend to like something in order to seem cool on a chinese cartoon forum?

Pathetic

>avant-garde classic
is it really that avant-garde or experimental? i don't really understand that notion or perhaps how much people hyperbolize its level of experimentation

Found the newfriend

very fun and experimental
i dont personally like it but i can easily see how its loved among others