SPOTIFY CHARTS """"REVIEWS""""

Title. Listening through once andd writing a few words meanwhile. Feel free to join in if you think it's fun.

>Drake - One Dance
Sort of okay beat, has a sort of Latino rhythm to it which seems common now. Instrumentation is shit. Hate the piano chords used to outline the harmony. Wherever they're missing is definitely better. Really not a fan of Drake's singing, ever. This is no exception.

I like the vocal pitch shift melody going on in the chorus. Absolutely hate the typical buildup to it with the increasing symbals. Fuck that. It almost makes me upset because something so predictable doesn't deserve such a dramatic crescendo. Also too repetitive.

I like the idea
Complimentary bump

First thought is that this sounds like that popular song "Seven Years", but right after it's sort of funky and neat. Synth swells annoy me. Oh god no, the chorus is awful. The bass line is kinda neat but that's about it. The call and response in particukar is terribke. The pre-chorus is catchy as fuck, good job.

First Bridge is pretty boring and felt too predictable, not a fan. Second bridge was more fun with the squeky synth. Pretty sure I've heard this at the club some time.

The syncopated ostinato that frames the intro and so far first verse is cool, I like it. The vocal melody isn't too exciting. Also does the whole "ebin buildup" to the chorus, with ibcreasingly intensive drums, but at least here's there's a thick drop. Not bad, would dance to, shame the verses wouldn't allow it really. Maaan, this music is really repetitive. Third chorus is a bit different with more pronounced synth swells and more reverby and louder vocals. Hate it.

>Latino rhythm

lmao

bump, can't wait to hear more

jesus, the chainsmokers are still around?

More Drake?

Rhythm in the beginning is okay, again with the Latino type beat. Vocals again, not a fan, really don't like his enunciation or voice at all. Also don't like how autotune has been used semi-subtly as a stylistic element. At least it so far has a bit longer verses than the other songs SK far, which makes it feel less repetitive. I wish there'd been a bit more development to the tune, the same beat over and over with similar-ish melodies repeated lazily isn't really that interesting.

Dude no one gives a shit.

Fuck off

I give a shit
Now GTFO you ugly neckbeard

>pretentious faggot reviewing top 40 tunes on a music board

Yeah no, go away faggot.

I'm almost certain I've heard this before, just from the title. Let's see here we go. Hate this type of hype intro. I guess there will be a phat drop soon. Oh I guess not really, thought it'd be a club dubstep banger but it's... Trap? I don't know what these genres are called. The hypeman shouts in the background don't so much for me. The twinkly chords and the droopy rap makes me think of OFWGKTA. The rap isn't terrible but the beat bores me to death. No, I don't care about the lyrics. Might put in mY party playlist.

Gtfo my board nerd

Why do you care? Does every thread on this board has to relate to the things you like? What an arrogant prick

This is cringeworthy. Stop

nice thread op. bump

First few beats of the main instrument felt neat and made me sort anticipate something better. God damn fuck these vocals. And fuck the melody. And fuck this pathetically repetitive chorus. I just don't understand how something like this can be popular. Did the producer really need five frontwomen for this? If more than one is singing i really can't hear it apart from some chorus on the, well, chorus.

Oh here's another voice that's adding some "epic" secondary melodies and accents. Terrible. This was the worst song so far.

Oh hey I've heard this before! Sia is pretty decent really. Not the biggest fan of this song. But it's the best so far on the chart. The nice Vocalizer thing in the background of the chorus is good together with the syncopated instrumental melody that sounds like a percussion instrument.

The children chorus accent is a nice touch. Vocal Harmonies in the final chorus too. Yeah, I can dig this, even if Sia has done better before.

Oh yeah great comeback dude
Just leave, stop embarrassing yourself

Another one I'm sure I've heard before. Too epic synth swells immediately. I guess this is the prechorus after just a few seconds? Gonna be repetitive.

Oh yeah, it's this song. I actually like the melody in the chorus. The verses are really boring though. Good thing they're literally barely existent at all.

>Zara Larsson
She's been getting a lot of attention in media lately again from her feminist comments. Never heard a single of her songs. Does this count?

Not that terrible, melody isn't too interesting and it's really the same short phrase repeated a few times for verses. Short verses, sucks. The instrumentation is too happityuppity for my tastes in dance music. Sounds like Guetta is trying to imitate the recent success of Major Lazer's Light It Up, which of course is a much better tune.

Agree with this guy.

>Says the one reviewing top 50 tunes
>inb4 "gee tripfag REE out of my board niggercuck XDXDXD"
Just stop. For the sake of humanity.

>latino rhythm

Singer sounds like a little kid, which I don't like. Maybe she is, I don't know and won't look it up.

Oh lord there's an amen break right before the chorus, how fun! Can't say much else, the melody is boring and it's literally the same thing again for the second verse as the first. I hate that kind of lazy writing. Could you really only come up with one short musical phrase to repeat a few times with another one shoved between?

Drop is thick, can expect hearing this in the clubs if I haven't already before. The trumpets make it slightly better.

I'm gonna stop here. There's nothing I can say about this that I didn't say about an earlier track and it all starts to just sound the same to me
>top 50
>sounding samey
>sherlock

The guitar tune at the beginning is literally just three chords and that's repeated more or less throughout. That's all. Boooring.

Fuck off nigger cuck

PS people who are afraid of top 50 are pathetic lossless virgins.