Concerts alone?

Anyone have experience on going to a concert alone? Was is better? Worse?
Thoughts

I've gone to almost every concert alone, just because I don't know anyone else who likes the same stuff I do.

It's totally fine. Nobody really cares that you're there alone. If you're a naturally social person, you can maybe get some conversations going with other people, but you don't have to.

It makes getting to the front a lot easier, too.

That being said, I wish I had more people who wanted to go to the shows I go to.

exactly man

I've done it a couple times. It only feels weird if you convince yourself it's weird. Nobody around you will care

Yes. I saw Thom Yorke (Tomorrow's Modern Boxes tour), OPN and Nicolas Jaar. I was depressed as fuck but I really enjoyed the concerts.

what do you do when you go to a concert alone?just stand there? sing along?

Do you go to concerts just to talk with your friends?

Pleb ALERT
PLEB ALERT

no, i havent been to a concert except some shitty free bluegrass festival.
I feel like i wouldnt know what to do once i got there

I go to concerts alone all the time. The only semi awkward part is being there before the music starts. Just get a drink and relax and then enjoy the music.

nervously headbob/foot tap/pat sides to the beat, mouth lyrics, cheer after songs... not much different from attending with others

/thread

If its a band you enjoy its good fun. I go to see bands I like by myself all the time. I saw Mogwai in Tokyo once alone and it was amazing!!

My friends like different stuff so if I go to shows with them its mostly just to talk to them and get drunk rather than watch the band

stand around, listen to the music, cheer after songs, maybe do some shy dancing/headbob/jump around depending on the music/environment/what other people are doing

I've gone to a few.

It's nice depending on my mood. Better when i find someone to dance with, but that's rare.

the only thing that prevents me from doing it regularly is thinking i'll bump into people i know baka jew

Well this is pretty much how I feel about it. Really wish I had friends, who are into same shit i am but what can you do i guess.

drink, smoke, and chat to to bohemians

pretty much this, only concert I've been with someone was with my ex gf to julia holter, she hated it but I still would like to go to concerts with some friends though

Couple of times, yes.
Going to a single concert alone isn't that bad. I arrive not too early so I don't have to stand around by myself waiting too long and afterwards I leave immediately.
Festivals suck when you're alone though. Worst I've experienced was a small festival with a single stage so they had a 1 hour break between each band. Really felt like a social retard just sitting around playing on my phone.

if you go to a show alone make sure the artists is gonna play a lot of sad songs
You being alone while listening to them live makes the atmosphere so much more depressing thus making the songs better

Not anymore. I did, once.

>Work up the courage to go to an Animal Collective concert alone after reading a thread like this and people say no one cares if you're alone
>I turn up a couple minutes late
>As I walk into the event, the whole crowd turns to look at me
>One of them yells "HOLY SHIT, HE'S ALONE!"
>Whole event laughing hysterically as I take my seat
>Calls of "weirdo," "creeper," etc.
>Want to die
>After the concert, the entire audience mobs me in the hallway
>They start dancing in circles around me, chanting deliriously and laughing
>They start singing a nursery rhyme about how only virgins go to concerts alone and how I should kill myself
>I can't get away because they've joined hands and won't let me escape
>They start throwing their drinks and candy and stuff at me
>"HAHA LOOK AT THE LOSER GETTING STICKY"
>Security comes by
>They look mad but then they see me in the middle of the crowd
>One of them says "wait, did that fucker come here alone?"
>Security joins in, start using supersoakers to shoot artificial butter at me
>I'm lying in the fetal position sobbing at this point
>The dancing and chanting continues for over 13 hours
>I'm completely covered in soda, butter, and bits of candy
>Black guy goes "NIGGA LOOKS LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!"
>Crowd finally disperses
>Panda Bear comes by
>Leans down, whispers in my ear "Never come here again"
>All I can do is whimper yes sir

my favorite pasta

going to a concert alone for the first time soon, but it's gonna be GY!BE so I think it may even be better that way.

I prefer going to concerts with friends, but I prefer going alone if the friends I'm going with aren't really into the band in question.

If you're kinda socially awkward, it's a good opportunity to practice chatting with strangers (seeing as you already have something in common)

>buy a drink
>get a good view
>browse the internet on your phone
>take small sips
>put phone back in pocket
>look around
>take one more sip
>take phone out again
>wonder why you're so alone
>wonder why you can't make friends
>look around again
>show doesn't start for another 30 minutes
>tfw no gf

depends on the music

been to plenty of conserts alone, even festivals. I dont mind, i'm not a very sociable guy anyway.
the good thing is you don't have anyone to annoy you like 2woow dis song!" or whatever, talking to you during the concert. Or just be like "noo i dont wanna go to that band lets go see this band instead" etc
you get to decide what to see

>there's a traditional indian music gig at my uni's performance venue
>decide to go
>beautiful day, drop 200ug lsd and enjoy nature for few hours on campus
>walk to venue
>talk to chick in ticket booth to buy my ticket
>she looks at me like she has no idea what I'm talking about for around five seconds before going "oh, yeah" and pointing to the table 20ft to my right where they were actually selling tickets.
>becoming overwhelmed by embarrassment
>walking to table and it feels like the floor is stretching out in front of me, making the path longer and longer
>after an eternity I reach the table and say "one please"
>chick says "that'll be five dollars"
>take a five and two ones out of my pocket and stare at them for seconds before figuring out which is the right one and handing it to her
>she smiles and says thank you really happily
>in area standing around waiting for auditorium to open
>perhaps 30 standing around, I'm beginning to get really paranoid that I stick out too much

sounds like a pretty good time

Went to see Atari Teenage Riot alone.. Met a cute girl, took some pills with her, raved and was angry at governments and stuff for an hour and a half, fucked like rabbits the rest of the night.. wouldn't have happened if I was with my mates

>*30 people
>auditorium finally opens
>shuffle awkwardly around finding the perfect seat when normal person would have just sat down
>the venue is beautiful with swirling lights (even when sober) and warm colors
>knew that, that's part of why I decided to trip
>3 indian guys on stage, preparing sitar, tanpura and tabla
>show starts, the guy on tabla repeatedly makes eye contact with me
>peaking now
>getting increasingly paranoid and afraid I would loose my shit, run on stage and start fucking up the show
>at the same time the mixture of music and visuals is one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed
>gets to be too much, squirming around in my seat to get xanax from inside my wallet
>feel like everyone in the crowd is looking at me
>tabla dude won't stop making eye contact
>take pill, powerwalk out
>benzo effect starts working, walk back in
>enjoy rest of show
>"thank you we'd love to come back next year" in impenetrable accent
>old lady in the crowd says "please do!"

>of course the last line doesn't fit
>3 years later they never came back

that's my experience with going to concerts alone