Is it pleb to use drugs and alcohol at concerts? Do they ruin or enhance the experience for you?

Is it pleb to use drugs and alcohol at concerts? Do they ruin or enhance the experience for you?

If you're drunk af it might be a blurry experience, fun but you might miss the show.
It's best to go high af, hopefully on LSD, excellent experiences.
Usually I try to go to every show with two joints on me, it feels great to listen music while high.

Major pleb

It must be really fucking sad to need intoxicants to enjoy an experience as naturally pleasant and stimulating as a live concert

what are you 12

I always like to bring my micro g and take a couple dabs right before the show. Really heightens the atmosphere of the show, perfect for when I saw Autechre and Tim "What the Heck" Hecker

>Le "adults must drink and use drugs to have fun" meme
It's really sad how many people buy into this mindset. If only it weren't fashionable to be so cynical and jaded

patrician experience man

it's really sad that you give a fuck.

>Autechre and Tim Hecker
kekker

>look at me I'm so cynical and edgy
I remember being 15

i've seen anco half a dozen times, dropped acid everytime and it's always an amazing experience

not a big drinker so yeah but depending on the concert I can see smoking weed or doing mdma really fun

I like to be kind of buzzed, so I'll be loose. I don't want to get completely faded, though

Really pleb. It kind of shows how little you care about music and that you're there for the partying/fun scene, and not the people who go to hear the musicians play as they are without distortion. Save getting high and drunk for when you're at home bored

You don't really understand music unless youve taken LSD or some drug that induces ego death

t. someone who doesn't understand

it completely depends on the artist don't be so obtuse

topkek

m8, you're not the only one who's dropped a lot of acid at once. you do not have any special knowledge of anything. what you have is fragmented memories of an experience where your brain was literally not working properly

How does it feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

If a given artist's music requires drugs to enjoy in a live setting it's not actually good music user

>what you have is fragmented memories of an experience where your brain was literally not working properly

Couldn't you say that about any form of intoxication?

enhance =\= require you plebeian

Yes you could, which is a big part of why there is nothing particularly profound about acid trips

Don't get so fucked up that you can't remember it, and don't ruin the show for the people around you either

>cynical and jaded
Like you are towards drugs and alcohol? nobody said it is necessary to enjoy a concert - you're just desperate for superiority

If you need drug-induced "enhancement" to enjoy it, it's not very good music

If it's good enough that no such enhancement is required, yet you insist on distorting your perception of it anyway, you're a pleb and your life is rather sad

I haven't seen projection like this since my last visit to a movie theater

Listening to music while high is an amazing experience, until you do it all the time and it starts feeling normal. This is why I like to save weed for special occasions like concerts

no you don't need it, do you understand the meaning of enhance? It further improves and intesifies your experience. what are you trying to prove? that sober life is the best life? this isn't AA

i'm sure panda bear and avey would agree with me that lsd goes wonderfully with their concerts

>tfw usually drink through the support acts
>see a show with 6 support acts
>cant remember the headline act except for the last 30 secs of the final song

You druggies sure are a hostile lot

I agree in principle, but I think it depends on what drug and how you use it. I used to always get stoned at gigs. Yes, I was a pathetic neckbeard for years. But weed personally heightens my senses, so I found that seeing a band live became more intense, emotional, tripped ut, epic or whatever. Was the experience made "better" by drug use? Not necessarily, but it made it different.
Do you "need" a glass of wine to enjoy a nice meal?

High at concerts>Sober at concerts>Drunk at concerts

>to need intoxicants to enjoy an experience as naturally pleasant and stimulating as a live concert
>you need drug-induced "enhancement" to enjoy it
>need
this is a terrible meme

why do you assume we need to be high to enjoy a concert (or album/song)
it's obviously already great experience sober and we know that. but getting high enhances it making it an even greater experience, that's why people do it

i love anti-drug people

i'm not a druggie user I haven't even gotten drunk for months I was just disagreeing with you and didn't appreciate your belittling tone

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just stating facts.

If it's the music that requires drug-induced "enhancement", the music sucks. If it's you that requires it, I feel sorry for you.

You're going to claim there is no requirement at all, to which I say: then why can't you enjoy a concert without drugs?

If you see belittlement in my tone, it's because you're trying to find it. I intended no such thing.

this is bait, right?

>mfw I see others resorting to using mind altering substances to enjoy a show

Who's anti-drug?

Does not collecting stamps mean I'm anti-stamps?

you should never look at others to feel superior or inferior user

Omg you are so dumb. LSD IS NOT A PARTY DRUG, DO NOT USE IT AT A CONCERT EXPECTING A FUN TIME.

Why do you care what other people do before or at a concert?

>mfw I see a frogposter

>went to a GWAR concert on 3 eyedrops of LSD-25 (liquid acid)

I saw hell

I guarantee you most people that take LSD take it as a party drug

It's almost kind of pleb not to--I say *almost* because I know of a few dudes who aren't plebs who go to shows sober.

But like, we go to a lot of shows on this board. I've been to a lot of shows. After like 20 or so it gets kind of trying to just stand there soberly--especially given how often I (and I bet a lot of us) end up having to go alone.

I'm a neurotic guy, and sometimes I just want to be able to be a big dumb idiot at a show. Without being drunk and/or high, live shows have become a kind of boring and trying experience for me. Most of the older dudes I know share this opinion.

>I saw hell

you would have seen that sober, too, lol

I only smoke weed if it's like droney or bass-heavy music, like James Blake and GY!BE were both great stoned, but when I was at Young Thug I just felt uncomfortable. I get terrible anxiety when I'm stoned though so I don't often smoke in public. I took some Vyvanse and got pretty drunk for Danny Brown and it was one of the most fun concerts I'd ever been to. Ethanol and amphetamines are perfect for dancing and moshing. I went to a rave on shrooms and MDMA once, and even though I hate raves it was a pretty good time, not particularly memorable though. I've seen Danny Brown, Vince Staples, The Besnard Lakes, and some local bands sober and they were all pretty good, though they are phenomenal performers, I've seen some pretty shitty performances that made me wish I was drunk so I could forget the whole thing.

Being under the influence of something can enhance the show but it can ruin it too, it just depends on how well you can handle it and how well the music/atmosphere complement it. As far as it being "pleb", there are definitely a ton of plebs who use drugs at concerts. I generally get irritated listening to kids brag about whatever drugs they're on at a given show (lol don't worry I see the apparent hypocrisy in me listing shows I've seen and what I had imbibed for each of them and being irritated by the same behavior), mainly because it feels like they're doing the drugs to be cool or whatever rather than taking them because they actually enjoy how they impact the experience. These are generally the same kids leaving early and taking frequent smoke breaks. Being fake like that is pleb. If you're just interested in a different experience, or genuinely enjoy the experience, then do whatever you want. Being pleb or patrician doesn't even matter outside of this garbage board anyways.

But a lot of musicians make music specifically tailored to be enjoyed while under the influence

why's it gotta be a war? if someone wants to get high at a concert, let them. if they don't, don't try to convince them to. it's none of your business. y'all just really want to feel better than other people.

all opinions on drugs aside, this is the only smart person in this thread

>I'm too introverted to find a dealer

ftfy

did you really just refer to drinking as ethanol? who the fuck

no, he's completely right
no one said they needed drugs to enjoy a concert, but you were still an asshole about it for no reason
and no, i don't do drugs either, but i don't give a fuck if people do

>tfw bach didn't understand music but this user does

>Drunk at concerts
fun if you don't give a fuck about the artist playing

>ego death

Holy shit listening to music like this sounds like a terrible experience

No. It's all part of the experience. The main draw of the concert is the experience for me and getting shmacked improves the experience

No, he and you are both wrong. You are both projecting your own anger onto my posts and reading things into them that were never there.

alcohol does nothing for me musically.

Weed feels good as fuck with some music, and going to concerts while high is often amazing.

this

these redditors act like there going to see a Beethoven symphony, the musicians just want you to have fun and enjoy the music, if you enjoy it while being drunk who cares

This

nah not projecting any anger here freud, but your original post just comes off as pretentious, so what if other people chose to do soft drugs? why do you care? how does it affect you?

and like i said, i don't really like weed and i've never done anything else (besides alcohol) so it's not like i'm being defensive either

Why are you so determined to find a negative reading of the tone or content of my posts? Is there something bothering you?

>Le "adults must drink and use drugs to have fun" meme
that's pretty condescending and pretentious bruh, and please cut it with the psychologist bullshit. This argument is going nowhere, we should just save our time

My best concert experience was when I was 14 and snuck into a little Wayne concert and smoked DMT

I never posted that. Why are you so determined to find me at fault?

thought it was you m8

fuck got it wrong again

i thought was

I don't like to smoke weed before/during a show cause it tires me out

Alcohol is tops. I've been pretty drunk before and it was fun. Obviously don't get wasted.

Shrooms...situational. I did it an anarchist punk gig: Not necessarily a bad experience but I left early

The one time I did molly - NO. Granted it wasn't EDM

Caffeine gets you going. Nicotine just leaves you out of breath.

Yeah LSD seriously fucks with you. My girl just left me today so I popped 2 mdma tablets and dropped acid. Ended up crying and puking all over myself today.

The problem wasn't the drug, it was you

Pussy

>Doesn't have profound acid trips
>Envies those who have profound acid trips

it's common knowledge that you shouldn't take lsd if you're feeling bad
lsd isn't like weed

With weed I can't focus. So weed ruins the experiience for me at least.

If I am totally bombed I won't remember it.

The best concerts are just when i'm minorally buzzed.

I don't know. I still go to shows under the influence of something...90% alcohol. I always have some drinks at a show. In my late teens to early twenties I'd smoke weed beforehand, but I do that less now. Honestly the last time I remember getting high on any drugs besides alcohol was at bonnarro 3 years ago...but molly and mushroom chocolates went amazingly well with Elton John. I havent felt the need to do drugs after 4 days of acid, shrooms, molly and opium.

a year ago?

There is nothing profound about acid trips

Go ahead and record yourself rambling during a trip and feeling like you're having a totally, like, super significant experience dude and having, like, hella deep profound epiphanies bro.

Listen to the recording the next day.

You will grow up pretty quickly at that point

its pretty pleb desu. its a musical performance, not a frat party. getting fucked off your brain pretty much puts you down in the lower tiers with people who take pictures/videos and those two girls who pretend like theyre really feeling it and dance like morons who dont understand rhythm.