California>Mr. Bungle>a lot of fucking things>Disco Volante

California>Mr. Bungle>a lot of fucking things>Disco Volante

t. embryo

Elaborate, if you would. I'm looking for quality shit posting here. Or you could get butmad because "The best album ever" is fucking terrible, that could work too.

Mr Bungle is trash

actually

Disco Volante > California > Mr. Bungle

sorry

I agree, but I still want you to kys you worthless tripfag.

Disco Volante sounds like they took the needless breakdowns and circle jerky silent pauses from Mr. Bungle and made it into an album. How can you even listen to it?

Your opinions are trash.

I agree with the order but Disco Volante has strong points for me. As an album though it's disjointed for the sake of it. An interesting experiment but not something worth coming back to very often.

>He doesn't enjoy Desert Search for Techno Allah
is that way.

nobody cares about what you say montie, not even if you are correct

They're all good in different ways. I can't really rank them.

How about not fucking giving him attention then, retard?

Please enlighten me as to how Mr Bungle is any different than Linkin Park and Insane Clown Posse's disgusting bastard child

Well for one they came before those two bands so if I understand biology correctly then it isn't possible for Mr. Bungle to be their child

>He enjoys the shittier verison of Ars Moriendi
Don't know where the nearest cop is but I'd suggest you find him, call him a nigger and run forward.

May your sun be blown out like a candle
May your sea burn like tar
May your sky be rolled up like a scroll
May your blue moon drip with blood

Give your dog a boner, baby.

Little bit of a difference in those two songs buddy

>Not liking Spruance tracks

Dude, Ars Moriendi and Desert Search for Techno Allah sound nearly nothing alike.

The comparison was pretty much a joke.
My main gripe with Disco Volante is that it loses the eargasmic harmonies and quirky, pleasant major-minor passages in exchange for atonal saxophones and grating vocals.
I can appreciate the experimentation but it's just an unpleasant listening experience.
I have the same feeling about groups like DeathGrips.

See

Nah. Unless you elaborate, we will take your opinion into account.

It's fractured but I'd hardly call it an unpleasant listening experience, regardless of how grating it can be. Its atmosphere is great too. It's like a soundtrack to drown to.

>My main gripe with Disco Volante is that it loses the eargasmic harmonies and quirky, pleasant major-minor passages in exchange for atonal saxophones and grating vocals.
>I can appreciate the experimentation but it's just an unpleasant listening experience.
I completely agree with that sentiment. I appreciate moments of that, even, but not so much when they make up most of the album.

We got gushing gonads, tingling tushes
Hairy balls and hairy bushes
S & M, whips and chains
Pregnant ladies with menstrual pains
We got hand jobs and nipple tweaks
Finger bangs and slapping cheeks
We got rape, necro & both ways
And lots of hung studs for all you gays
We got incest & bestiality too
We got Sade & the sweetest taboo
We got girls who'll eat your pee and poo
And guys who'd love to fuck your shoe
There's she-males, lezbos, & shaved beav
And D-cup mamas with so much cleave
Senior citizens who love to watch
And sniff those skid marks from your crotch - yeah!

>It's like a soundtrack to drown to.
Why would I want this? I can see the romantic appeal of the motif of drowning but something like God Body Disconnect or Atrium Carceri would hit that more than Disco. Disco Volante is like a soundtrack to an actual drowning experience, again, why would I want this?
>I appreciate moments of that, even, but not so much when they make up most of the album.
Yeah, Bungle gets that right on their first album and kind of get rid of it entirely on Cali.
One artist that does intermittent experimentation nicely is Igorrr.

Because i'm not a pleb like you

I will pay exorbitant amounts of money to watch a incest-murder-suicide between you and your immediate family

you only listened their s/t you pleb cuk

>"The fact that I like hearing a saxophone impersonate dying cats and incredibly grating synths while a really decent singer screeches incoherently about nothing means that I'm better than you."

>cuk
Please stop.

ugliness is beautiful, too!

The fact you are summarizing DV like that shows you are pretty ignorant

Eh, you can't deny that, while Disco Volante isn't that entirely, it's definitely in there quite a lot.

>the worst trip on Sup Forums is allowed vomit garbage opinions that no one cares about
>i'm not allowed to say cuk

fuck off and go lick Montie's dick faggot

In a way, Anata makes songs using dissonant chords and Francis Bacon made beautiful paintings of ugly things but, conversely, tub girl isn't beautiful.

Calling someone a cuck is just virtue signalling.

It's really not though. It's a calculated experiment with some choice songs on it, and he's definitely exaggerating, but Disco Volante certainly has a ton of experimentation for the sake of experimentation, and it doesn't always pay off. For instance the last seven minutes of the album after Merry Go Bye Bye is nothing but screeching and noises.

Let's talk about Chiefs too

MY MOM IS BETTER THAN YOUR MOM AND YOUR DAD TOO

I listened to Disco Volante a few months ago and hated it.

Relistened to it yesterday and seriously loved it. What happened?

mr bungle on that album were just a better cardiacs

at least bungle didnt try to be serious with it and knew it was fucking dumb from the start

"Once dad hit me so hard mom felt it on her cheek" is a fucking great lyric

Book of Horizons > Xaphan > First Grand Constitution > Book M > Second Grand Constitution > All the splintered "satellite" stuff.

They are jaw-dropping amazing live, imho a much better live band than Mr. Bungle.

I also think that Fantomas was a lot better live than Mr Bungle.

I think the splintered stuff is great. Only thing I've been pretty disappointed by was Souls Folio A with all the conceptual filler.

(it wasn't dumb)

yes but fnm chuck mosley era beats them all

It's kind of a silly song, but it's fucking great and that is an awesome lyric

The whole splintered thing is aight, it's just that the first 5 albums were super cohesive (like on FGC if you listen to it all the way through, when White as the Come hits it's like "shhhhbooomm yaaaaaaaaah"), and the splinter stuff just seems so half assed... it's not that it's bad it's just terribly uneven.

It's just literally seven different bands as far as sound goes. As far as being incohesive in an album though, I can understand.

Fair enough; full disclosure, I haven't listened to Perichoresis (I kinda got off the train for a while with BoS Folio A)... maybe since that one is completely "Ishraqiyun", it'll be a little more satisfying.

Still, what a killer live band. Saw them open for Goblin in 2014 and it was a righteous face-melter.

That RHCP parody show was really fucking funny

it wasn't it was just mike patton being mike patton

>Saw them open for Goblin in 2014

Never made it to that one, but I saw them back in 2011.

Perichoresis is pretty good. 7 and 15 are top tier, Base Phive is good - didn't like it first time I heard it but it's grown on me, Fast (now called Spiritus Intelligentiae) is good but somehow doesn't live up to its live performances, Perichoresis drags on a bit too much, and Saptarshi is the same version we saw on the 7".

Also, the Mimicry message board has been totally destroyed and is just a blurred mess with a transparent black crack image through the center, so I imagine either Folio B is coming soon or maybe Holy Vehm.