What does Sup Forums think of Rush? I think that they are easily one of the best prog rock bands of all time

What does Sup Forums think of Rush? I think that they are easily one of the best prog rock bands of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=WddSQVTwj_Y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNilsLf6eW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're one of my favorite bands, but I have a hard time listening to most of their post Signals albums.

2112 was one of the best albums I've listened to in my younger years.

Both that and moving pictures were my favorites.

Not even the best Canadian Prog group.

I remember having heard Limelight on classic radio and loving them, so on a vacation in Maine I got my parents to buy me 2112 and we listened to it at the campground. Awesome experience, was really as transcendental of an experience a kid could have.

Can we get some rankings?

1. Permanent Waves
2. Hemispheres
3. A Farewell To Kings
>All The World's a Stage
4. Signals
5. Moving Pictures
>Exit Stage Left
6. Caress of Steel
7. 2112
8. Fly By Night
9. Rush
10. Grace Under Pressure
11. Power Windows
12. Vapor Trails
13. Hold Your Fire
14. Snakes & Arrows

I've listened to all of their albums, but I didn't care for any of the others enough for even a second listen through. The best of their worst was Roll The Bones. The worst of their worst was Counterparts or Test For Echo.

Hemispheres is incredible. La Villa Strangiato is one of their best instrumental songs along with YYZ.

youtube.com/watch?v=UNilsLf6eW4

1. Grace Under Pressure
2. Moving Pictures
3. Hemispheres
4. Permanent Waves
5. Power Windows
6. A Farewell to Kings
7. 2112
8. Caress of Steel
9. Fly by Night
10. Clockwork Angels
11. Snakes and Arrows
12. Presto
13. Hold Your Fire
Haven't listened to any others enough to rank

flawless FUCKING album

Oh wow forgot Signals, would probably be in between Power Windows and A Farewell

If you ever get around to listening to Vapor Trails, make sure it's the remixed version. The original version was hot garbage because of the loud mix they did back in 2002.

I did listen to it quite a year or so after it was released, I liked it but my memory of it now is a bit faded. It was definitely good, though.

quite a bit*

Geddy Lee Roth

1. 2112
2. Moving Pictures
3. Grace Under Pressure
4. A Farewell to Kings
5. Hemispheres
6. Permanent Waves
7. Fly By Night
8. Rush
9, Caress of Steel
Haven't listened to the others enough.

A reminder to the would-be shit eating Rush fans.

Yes, very good, everyone is very mad because of you now, your life has meaning.

Why does Rush make you so angry? Did your dad put on Cygnus X-1 on the home stereo before beating the shit out of you as a child?

at least it has some value as a reference to the small aspect of pride Prog fans carry, through absurdity
The list is just not that important though. The music speaks for itself.

I prefer Helix

He made him listen to the Roll The Bones rap, actually

I thought it was April Wine?

That is scary.

rush fags, is this accurate?

>10 = best ever
>9 = a masterpiece
>8 = buy it now
>7 = buy it eventually
>6 = buy it if you are a fan
>5 = rubber soul

I'm sure he has his reasons. Unfortunately I wouldn't say it's 'accurate' since his opinions currently are not that relevant

He gave Permanent Waves a 7/10? It's clearly a 10/10 album. Same with Hemispheres which I'm sure went straight over his unqualified head.

>it's clearly a 10/10 album
this is Scaruffi we're talking about, he's never given an album 10/10 and according to him 10/10 is the best music capable of existing. If that album was a scaruffi 10 you're implying nothing in the past or future of music could surpass it, and it dwarfs the symphonies of Beethoven, the operas of Wagner, the fugues of Bach, the mastery of Coltrane, etc.

>Unfortunately I wouldn't say it's 'accurate' since his opinions currently are not that relevant

what does that mean? sounds like tripfag logic to me

i posted the rating system for a reason...

a 7 means that anyone, even people who are not fans of rush, should buy the album. that it's that good

He's extremely smart but has atypical and often overtly critical opinions
Relevance is an issue of how his opinions will be seen over time

i don't see how any of that would impede him from giving accurate reviews

i'm pretty sure fans of popular music will never see his reviews anyway so what difference does it make?

you're either overthinking this or being pseudo-intellectual which is classic tripfag behavior

>pseudo-intellectuals

What differentiates Scaruffi from this category?

>i don't see how any of that would impede him from giving accurate reviews
to me it's not so much accurate as it is anecdotal
>i'm pretty sure fans of popular music will never see his reviews anyway so what difference does it make?
:\