So on july third we (Sup Forums - i didn't participate in it directly) had a thread for the discussion and sharing of...

so on july third we (Sup Forums - i didn't participate in it directly) had a thread for the discussion and sharing of various Sup Forums-related starter packs

i'd like to do something like that, only with a subtle twist: instead of starter packs for belonging to a particular Sup Forums-related subculture, how about starter packs for attracting a spouse from a particular Sup Forums-related subculture?

for example:
>starter pack for attracting a shoegaze gf
>starter pack for attracting a memerap gf
etc.

i doubt such a variation exists at present, so this thread will necessitate much original content, contributions and discussion

what are you guys' thoughts?

also here's the thread i previously mentioned: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S66134530

since i used a swans fan in the op, what would a
>starter pack for attracting a swans gf
look like?

ooo she thicc

awful idea

1. anyone juvenile enough to care about someone's taste in music that much isn't worth being with

2. it won't "necessitate much original content". it'll be a circlejerk of the same fucking music that's always discussed here

yes, that's why i used her picture - in pursuit of more replies and a more prolific discourse

please stay on topic though

with a successful thread, perhaps you'll find yourself in possession of a qt, thick Sup Forums-related in no time

i disagree and i don't think you understand the intent of this thread at all

>starter pack for attracting a gf
step 1: don't be on fucking Sup Forums you nerd

you're right i dont. post more thiccies

there is nothing intrinsically unattractive about a male that browses this website

Sup Forums is the nucleus from which modern culture springs and envelopes

a position and knowledge of this place and its culture ought to be something of merit and authority

please leave

idiot

when i've legitimate and lofty contributions to the thread i will

i'm an idiot?

care to explain?

why are there no contributions

Because nobody here knows how to attract girls

because this is a shit thread

Go back to "le ironic black twitter" if you think the starter pack thing is remotely funny

this is the first sensible response to my thread so i thank you

perhaps i miscalculated

these posts are not sensible

the latter presumes things that i at no point indicated

who is that semen demon?

i'll post her instagram when people begin to contributing to the thread, anything from relevant images to even simple insightul discourse about what such starter pack images might entail

this is fucking retarded

OP brings new levels of autism to Sup Forums

put the trip back on unty dont bullshit us

can you please just contribute to the thread

Maybe being a normal person and taking a shower once and a while would help to attract anyone.

In specific, just wear a fucking tshirt and maybe if they see you like the same band they'll talk to you.

Holy shit lol I fucking love how terrible this thread is

why are you lying to me? it's not that simple and you fucking know it's not that simple

i shower every day and maintain my hygiene better than most girls, and when i go to shows indicating we've similar taste in music they don't talk to me so don't for a fucking moment pretend that it's remotely that simple

i'm so fucking tired of hearing that meme shit

a circumstance that you are presently contributing to so congratulations

congratulations my man

you have created the dumbest, saddest thread I have ever seen on this already shitty board

I think you missed the key part of his post.
>Maybe being a normal person

i fucking know its you unty your first mistake was using the same pic with the fake name

seriously just wear a goddamn band shirt

if someone says they like the shirt ask them what their favorite album by the band is, or whatever. just continue the conversation.

it's not that fucking hard

this

there's nothing dumb with this thread, only the idiots contributing to it

and i think you missed the intent of this thread

seriously, just be normal? as in chat about the weather, last night's game or the latest in celebrity trivia? fuck off.

this isn't a discourse tailored towards courting "normal" people. this is a discourse tailored towards courting members of various obscure and underground Sup Forums-related subcultures, each of which will have their own preferences and quirks

none of these girls want a "normal" guy

i hope you finally fucking realize what this thread is about now

you all can just leave at this point

its for threads like this that I still browse this board a little more than I should

So you want to pretend to like a genre of music in order to attract a woman who enjoys said music? How autistic are you?

NO

I ALREADY LIKE THE GENRE OF MUSIC

WHAT I'M TRYING TO ACHIEVE IS PULLING A FELLOW FEMALE MEMBER OF SAID GENRE/SUBCULTURE

Have you tried, you know, talking to her?

THEN WEAR A BAND SHIRT YOU FUCKING RETARD

you still do not fucking understand and that's unbelievable

these scenarios are ENTIRELY fictitious, as in i do not REALLY FANCY a spouse from a particular Sup Forums-related subculture at present, but in the instance that i did, these starter packs would inform myself, and whomever else reads them, on how to attract said person

this isn't difficult

see it's not as easy as indicating mutual musical inclination

can you people please just understand what i'm saying

I'm sure you can find plenty of these starter packs on www.reddit.com/r/music

>it's a make fun of unty episode

this conception rests on the forefront of novelty, which you'd fucking know if you read the op beyond an elementary skimming

there is no other place

only we can satisfy this

lol

you know i've been patient but i think i'm just about done

i present each of you with an opportunity to not only improve your chances of getting a spouse, but also be apart of something interesting and novel, to be in on the ground-floor, and you've just shit on it repeatedly

so yeah i'm done

Omg how pretentious and autistic are you? The world does not bend to your whims, so deal with it. Not everyone thinks like you. Grow a fucking pair. Christ man.

Having mutual interests with anyone is key for building a good friendship.

However, instead of stopping it at just "music" and allowing yourself to be open to any genre anyone you meet might be interested in, you're asking for a very specific subset of that interest, not to mention other qualities of this imaginary love interest that foster a satisfying relationship.

Ignore the romantic aspect for a second and look through a chart or last.fm thread: how often do you see a collection that piques your interest and makes you want to talk to that person? For argument's sake, imagine you find a chart that's absolutely amazing, that just completely blows you away and makes you want to find a way to talk to that person. What happens if they're a selfish prick? What if they're mopey and eternally depressed and can't hold a conversation to save their life?

My point is, you're asking for a miracle. It's pointless to narrow your search so much because there could be someone out there who is smart, witty, interesting to talk to, and checks tons of other boxes that you have (but might not realize) for a partner but doesn't fit this one, very specific criteron that you have and thus you've excluded them.

As a person, this isn't what you want to be doing. First, drop the whole "shoegaze gf" or "memerap gf," drop the "g" and just focus on "f." A friend. Go out and talk to people. Just strike up conversations. Not just with girls either, everyone. Practice holding a conversation. Learn what people like to talk about. Gain some confidence in yourself. Have fun.

>tfw no montiegirl gf

i just want a girl to post long boi and obnd with :(

we solved this problem for you earlier on in the thread
>wear band shirts
>start conversations
>be normal

easy stuff m8

>pretentious
there is nothing pretentious about my idea

it's about equipping oneself with the tools to attract members of various subcultures. it's not pretentious. it's not autistic. it's not weird. it's not stupid. it's very, very, very fucking simple.

the rest of your post is aimless

i will get to you soon

no, you didn't
see this post and then this post concerning the 'normal' bit

"i present each of you with an opportunity to not only improve your chances of getting a spouse"

Tell me how this isn't pretentious?
And when the thread derails, you throw a temper tantrum. So yeah, my point was not aimless. It really indicates that you're the type of person who thinks about their own desires before the desires of others. Basically, you are not selfless, which is a critical component of a sturdy relationship - caring about your partner more than yourself. You seem to struggle with this based on your frustrations with people not answering YOUR question the way YOU WANT IT.

You've never talked to a girl before have you?

>it's not pretentious. it's not autistic. it's not weird. it's not stupid. it's very, very, very fucking simple.
what does it take to attract members of various subcultures

Nailed it

>For argument's sake, imagine you find a chart that's absolutely amazing, that just completely blows you away and makes you want to find a way to talk to that person. What happens if they're a selfish prick? What if they're mopey and eternally depressed and can't hold a conversation to save their life?
i would seldom care

i am host to a myriad of mental afflictions and ailments and such circumstance has taught me that true beauty rests in what is asymmetrical, flawed, and ill; poe said it best in his routine works

i find most peoples' lives trivial and uninteresting, and conversation with them a prospect wholly unachievable

it's not pretentious because that is factually what i'm presenting you and everyone in this thread with

with steady contributions, this could be an evolution in content, or at very least the next "wojak at a party standing in the corner contemplating his circumstance" series

what post gave you that idea?

i don't know

unveiling that is the purpose of this thread

Where do I find qts who like this?

Talking to girls is meme shit? lol.

who dress* like this

>what post gave you that idea?

All of it man, all of it

>what post gave you that idea?

literally every single post you've made in this thread.

this is one of those threads where I almost can't believe it's actually real because of how fucking retarded you are. you say that we don't get it but you have the most backwards understanding of this topic that I have ever seen

>indicates that you're the type of person who thinks about their own desires before the desires of others
OH, EXCUSE ME! WHAT ARE YOU DESIRES, PLEASE!

YOU AND YOUR FUCKING SHITPOST SQUAD HAVE SERVED TO SIMPLY DERAIL MY THREAD AND DETRACT FROM ITS DISCOURSE

THAT IS YOU SINGLE EXPRESSED DESIRE SO NO I'M NOT GOING TO FUCKING ENTERTAIN IT BECAUSE ELSEWHERE ON THIS BOARD YOU'VE A PLETHORA OF ROUTINE SHITPOST HUBS THAT WELCOME YOUR "CONTRIBUTIONS," AND WITH EASE THE LOT OF YOU COULD JUST FUCK OFF TO ONE OF THOSE

that's not what he said. he said that if girls detect a mutual interest and you shower, they'll talk to you

he didn't say i could then talk to them. he said THEY would talk to ME

well i sincerely don't understand the root of your inferences so please enlighten me

this.

good to know that not everyone on Sup Forums is fucking retarded

- damn you nailed it
>i am host to a myriad of mental afflictions and ailments and such circumstance has taught me that true beauty rests in what is asymmetrical, flawed, and ill; poe said it best in his routine works
i find most peoples' lives trivial and uninteresting, and conversation with them a prospect wholly unachievable

Unity can put his trip back on

>(You)
>i don't know
>
>unveiling that is the purpose of this thread
i'm straight, so if i get this wrong, please don't jump down my throat, but look at how lesbians and gay people do it
obviously the analogy isn't perfect but bear with me
some dress themselves and style their hair so fantastically that any reasonable person could assume they aren't hetero
some mostly present """normal""", and if they're brave, drop subtle hints
some just wait to be approached, for others to drop hints, and don't challenge the notion others may have that they are hetero
i don't know any other options because i'm ignorant but my point is if you are committed to attracting people of a certain subculture you need to find your own way of expressing it
it would probably help to be literate in that subculture's ideas and values as well

>well i sincerely don't understand the root of your inferences so please enlighten me

everything you've said in this thread suggests that you have not had much interaction with girls. if you had, you would realize that they are normal people just like anyone else, and that talking to them is just like talking to anyone else. it's not about having a "starter kit," it's not about having "the tools you need to find a spouse" (or whatever you said), it's about just talking to someone and seeing if your personalities mesh well. the reason so many people are saying "wear a band shirt to start a conversation" or "just talk to them" is because that is literally all it takes. it's not some weird game or code, it's real life. it's really not that hard if you don't overthink it.

But you entertained it by responding, so... Just digging your own grave, OP.
If you don't want shit posts, don't create a shit thread.
Talk to people, establish meaningful relationships, and see what happens next. Sounds like you're trying to get laid more than you're looking for a relationship by purposely trying to attract a certain archetype.

How get the attention of a girl who browses mu starter pack:

>Make a cringey thread
>Have it turn into a trainwreck
>She's only here to laugh at you

All qt music enthusiastic girls that I have dated are extremely fucking shallow. I would suggest looking for more in a girl than just her taste in music.

>help to be literate in that subculture's ideas and values as well
that was the intent of this thread, to discuss various Sup Forums related subcultures' tenets and aesthetic values so one would know how to attract a spouse from such a culture

somehow

some fucking how you still don't understand

>you would realize that they are normal people
i'm not talking about normal girls. i'm talking about girls that cling to FUCKING Sup Forums-RELATED SUBCULTURES, EACH OF WHICH WILL HAVE DIFFERENT QUIRKS AND AESTHETIC VALUES

I'VE SAID SO MANY FUCKING TIMES AT THIS POINT

>seeing if your personalities mesh well
yes, obviously
and with a starter kit, one can mold ones' personality to artificially mesh with a person of their liking, regardless of whether or not they are sincere

like what?

>i would seldom care
Okay. So you would degrade yourself and lower your expectations for more meaningful qualities of people than just musical taste, but any friendship is a two-way street. If the person you're talking to doesn't want to talk to you, you'll get nothing out of them.

>i find most peoples' lives trivial and uninteresting, and conversation with them a prospect wholly unachievable
Two things here.

The first part is a toxic idea that doesn't serve you. Before saying a word to them you've decided their lives aren't worth your time. Have you ever been driving, and someone in front of you suddenly slows down to turn, without even turning on their blinker? Why do you think they did that? Are they an idiot? Or do they have a lot on their mind because their father died yesterday?

Think about all the events that have happened to you in your life. Everything, from being born to right now. There's a lot in there, at least 18 years if you're following the rules of this website. 18 years is a long time. You've probably been, at times, utterly hopeless, terrified, ecstatic, flabbergasted, or so angry you could do something irrational. That person on the road has also been all those things, and other things you can't even comprehend because you have shut yourself off to the idea that other people's lives have meaning.

For the second part, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you struggle with some degree of depressive tendencies, which could be connected to other issues you have. I'm just gonna say that that is something you need to figure out yourself. Find value in what you do, and if you can't, start doing things that you find value in.

wait are you a girl?

Yes.
>inb4 LONDON

i would hardly consider it a degradation

i am not a good person. i am not a pleasant person. anyone decent is inappropriate to what i deserve.

>Have you ever been driving, and someone in front of you suddenly slows down to turn, without even turning on their blinker? Why do you think they did that? Are they an idiot? Or do they have a lot on their mind because their father died yesterday?
either i'm missing the point here or you've misunderstood mine.

i'm not saying that others' existences don't have meaning, and weight. i'm saying that often it doesn't interest me and i find myself with nothing to contribute towards it, financially, or socially

further, i think you're being far too kind to most people. if others' circumstances had mirrored mine, then said others would be more prone to the empathy that i so seldom see from them.

this thread alone is evidence to that point. through this threads entirety i've been treated like shit and called an autist, exercises that do not express empathy, or indicate any history of prolonged suffering and strife

>some degree of depressive tendencies
correct

what kind of music do you like?

happy hardcore infused post-neoclassical darkwave

i am not a good person. i am not a pleasant person. anyone decent is inappropriate to what i deserve.

And there you go. All of your issues summed up right here - it's your lack of confidence. You are a good person, OP, now believe it.

>What kind of music do you like?

omg omg guys guys it's happening to me lol what do I do?

I listen to a bit of everything.

Listens to everything. Kek

well in a sense i have to thank you

with that nonsensical meme reply you've firmly established you've no interest in discussion so i've no reason to reply to you beyond this post, which is probably for the best considering that whatever discussion did then arise would exhaust itself in little time anyway, manifesting in scarcely more than a mutual waste of our time

so again, thank you

what is wrong with you

why would you presume that amidst all i've done in this thread and what i just fucking told you that i'm a good person

fuck off with your bullshit self-serving optimistic normie rhetoric

i know what i am far better than you do

see the top of this reply

this really is the most pathetic thread i've seen in a while

this is some vintage level unty autism

autism: the thread

OP you've got to post a pic at this point.

what are you talking about?

Where can I get a Swans gf? :(

His optimism isn't wrong. A simple law of attraction here, OP. Want to attract people with a specific taste in music? Here's a trick - be enjoyable to be around. Make others laugh, converse well, be comfortable to be around, listen, etc.

That is not achievable if you believe you're as awful as you are. Nobody will hang with you. Not even QTs that listen to Swans.

Or be stuck in your ways like the curmudgeon you seem to be. In that case, join Unty.

Despite how shitty you are, OP, everyone has value in some form or another. If you made somebody happy today, you lived a day with value. Stop being so down on yourself. It's pathetic. The pity party is over when you become an adult.

>be enjoyable to be around. Make others laugh, converse well, be comfortable to be around, listen, etc.
why do you persist with this assumption

some don't want to surround themselves with happy people. some individuals prefer a gloomy person, a cold cynic

your advice is as generic and ill-conceived as they come

and not all value is positive.

some value is destructive, of the self and of others. i'm not being down on myself, i'm being objective because it was then necessary to establish that i'm not "degrading" myself.

>some individuals prefer a gloomy person, a cold cynic

Pretty much no one likes an asshole who is never fun to be around.

Even a gloomy cynic has to be funny at times.

also: you can stop replying

this thread is retired. through the collective efforts of yourselves and the rest of the shitpost squad this thread has failed its purpose entirely

I fucking love the fact that Unty dropped his trip a while ago and yet you can still always tell when he posts.

Best meme of 2016.

Nah, you just failed at life OP. It's too bad that you're so stuck in your ways. Just off yourself if you're gonna be so pessimistic because you will NEVER EVER EVER attract a QT with this attitude.

I'm sorry that you can't get the nuanced explanation that you're looking for because it doesn't exist. People really aren't that complex and you'd understand that if you actually stopped judging things. Fuck, you said you're being objective here, but this is not a topic you can be objective above t, so your point is moot.

You have some serious problems to deal with. Please seek counseling.

unty if you're still reading posts i believe in you and hope you get better someday and make some girl happy

cime back, OP. We were having so much fun.

as a girl this is highly entertaining

what music do you like

i think my favorite thing about this thread is OP breaking up girls into genres of music

i categorized them according to Sup Forums-related subculture, not genre of music

learn how to read

A girl? What should I do to pretend we have similar interests? There must be a way to get you want to date me without ever having a conversation with you. OP has led me to believe that depending on what type of music you like, there is a specific costume I can wear that will instantly make your panties wet. Maybe if it's convincing enough you'll just rip my pants off and fuck me on sight. Please tell me, what do I need to do to accomplish this?

i said that genres and subcultures have their own quirks and aesthetic values, and that knowing each can make yourself more attractive to the opposite sex (particularly if you're a male, because if you're a women simply existing is enough to garner an attraction from the opposite sex).

none of that is wrong. i did not say their panties would get instantly wet. i said they would be attracted to, and approach, you.

if you disagree, either you've done a terrible job expressing it, or i've already refuted everything you've said

great yes glad you've got it down thank u

i asked you a fucking question you cunt

You know, I'm starting to think maybe OP isn't trolling, he's just that autistic.

This is the best thread on Sup Forums in a long time