Why is panda bear so popular on this board when avey tare is so much better?

Why is panda bear so popular on this board when avey tare is so much better?

Sure panda has some nice solo projects but animal collective practically IS an avey tare solo effort.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ObbmZJwFDPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

avey seems like he is riding on panda's creativity

Panda is the cutest member.

Avey and Panda switch roles as first and second in command on Sung Tongs. Everyone knows that.

[s]But the stuff before Sung Tongs is leagues better than what came after so I'm okay with OP's opinion.[/s]

Other way around. Pandas stuff is just things he learned from avey over the years drenched in reverb.

Avey Tare isn't better he's just much more intellectual lyrically and his voice has more timbral range. Both are awesome and play equally seminal roles in AnCo.

>Avey and Panda switch roles as first and second in command on Sung Tongs.

That's not even almost true.

personally, i like them pretty much equally

Avey has the eccentric genius air to him, i like his vocals and lyrics much more than panda's, his songwriting is brilliant

however Person Pitch is absolutely brilliant, on par with anything AnCo have done, and it's good and warm enough to inspire me to want to like Panda Bear too

No actually avey is just better. Panda is a cheap off brand avey tare.

Panda's solo albums >>>>>>>> Avey's solo albums

They really aren't similar enough for one to be a knockoff of the other. Avey uses his voice with a lot greater of a range to sing lyrics that are psychedelic and strange, similar to a very tripped out short story. He also uses much more conventional song structures (verse, chorus, bridge, etc, in the typical order)
Panda uses his voice that has less diversity in sound but more "prettiness" to communicate lyrics that act more like mantras or vague depictions of mood. He uses more repetitive structures of songs that hover in one or two places rather than moving in a straight line.

Tl;dr- panda and Avey aren't that similar and any similarity can be chalked up to the fact that they've played music together for 20 years

because panda's songwriting is pleb-core and Sup Forums is full of plebs

pretty simple really

So basically you're saying we should just fuck it and forget about the actual reasons each individual prefers to post about Panda Bear as a singular artist

The real question is what does Sup Forums think of John Maus

Lol no, it's just that Panda's main creative outlet is his solo project while Animal Collective is more of a side thing for him, while Animal Collective is Avey Tare's main vehicle for creative expression while his solo project is more of a side thing, which makes Avey look more lo key than Panda. Maybe you knew this and just said it because you knew it wasn't this way, but for anyone who thought this, yeah.
Avey Tare was a genius in his youth, which seems to be the case with a lot of artists in the medium of music. Not sure why it's this way, as in every other artistic medium, it seems like people do their best work later in life, but in music it's the other way around for some reason.
If I were a girl I could see Avey being more of my type.

Avey's the type of guy I'd chill out, get high, and watch horror movies with. With Panda, I'd probably do the same except listen to old dub records rather than horror movies. I'd play guitar with Deakin and go swimming with Geo.

PBVSGR is underrated

>wrote Penny Dreadfuls in high school
>spent his thirties making Floridada
maybe im a bit off on this timeline though, i dont know much

I'd go eat pancakes with Geo. Play SNES games with Panda. Build a table with Deak. And read a bedtime story to Avey.

panda has one good solo album
avey has three

Panda has 3 (excluding Young Prayer), plus Jane which is a fantastic project.
Avey has 2 (excluding Down There).

>spent his thirties making Floridada
the entirety of Painting With was made in like three months

Why would you exclude Down There

uh-oh did i hit a nerve?

Because it wasn't very great.

But it is

>excluding Young Prayer

I am Your Eagle Kisser and Crumbling Land are better than anything Panda has done solo. Save for Person Pitch.

>that smile at the end
everytime

I would smoke weed & drink with avey.

I'd go on a nature walk with deak.

I'd go out for sushi with geo.

I'd do cocaine with panda bear

Avey's lyrics are more "impressionistic" and rely more on getting the visual elements across

Panda is a ultimately rhythm at his core, so his vocals are designed to follow that, and his lyrics usually focus on the percussive elements of that style (which is why they're repetitive).

>it's just that Panda's main creative outlet is his solo project while Animal Collective is more of a side thing for him

Not really. His s/t was stuff he had worked on in his spare time through high school and college, Young Prayer was made explicitly to cheer himself and his father up while the latter died of cancer, and Person Pitch was a side thing he did while living in Portugal and getting extremely high.

Tomboy was his first album where he was actually trying to channel his creativity, and even then it's him getting more in touch with his hip-hop side.

Young Prayer is better than his self-titled.

Down There is the best solo AC release.

Panda objectively has the better side project, Terrestrial Tones is gratuitous. Both Avey and Eric have better solo noise efforts.

angel

I love him, but I find it funny he prefers Ariel Pink's early stuff better than his later when that's exactly how I feel about Maus' music.

Don't mean to detract and sorry that i already posted this once before but it doesnt deserve its own thread

youtu.be/ObbmZJwFDPI

If i receive a positive comment by tomorrow morning i will make it through this fucking week thanks for listening

True

not for that one but i really like your Spilling Guts cover, it's really brings out the melody and energy in the song
i almost wish the album version was more like it

Wow i cant believe you actually listened to SG, thanks. A lot of people told me the rhythm i set for the song was dumb but its just so much more fun to play that way.

I really appreciate it. I love Anco. Thanks

Hate to kill the vibe but spilling guts is my favorite song on the album and you didn't do it justice at all. Ignoring the fact that it doesn't lend itself well to an acoustic cover at all, your attempt at replicating their hocketing on your own made the whole thing really cringeworthy. Love the vocals on the original song, but I just really don't think you have the chops to properly pay tribute to even one half of the melody, let alone both.

I can totally understand that feeling. Im not really sure what you didnt like but its okay just to not like it. Thanks for taking the time to listen

>what I didn't like
Not every song is going to sound good on an acoustic guitar. Spilling guts is an example.
You can't hocket your vocals on your own unless the track is actually produced. When you play it live like that it sounds absolutely retarded.

Yeah i wish i knew how to do more digital stuff rather than acoustic sometimes, but i loved the song and i kind of have to work with the ability i have. And yeah the self-hocketing is kind of retarded but its pretty fun. Its cool to feel yourself echo yourself. Not much choice either since im in it by myself

I dug the spilling guts cover. I thought it worked acoustic

Thanks my dude. Next song planned is Kids On Holiday and im excited

Avey and Panda are Lennon-McCartney, how is that even hard to get? Literally from the first official release onward.

>You will never hang out with Sung Tongs-era Avey Tare
>You will never be friends with Geo and Deak, while being more of an acquaintance with Panda
Literally why live.