youtube.com/watch?v=xgUKsjll_6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=e0IkQJqL3kk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dFHBNA6LM
djen.co/share/WMLjG3
youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sbyesGcUE

Can't wait to see Part 2

What's the nearest metal act to these cunts in your country?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LISTENING TO

youtube.com/watch?v=OVjWf_ONQCQ

bleary eyed on the sofa with some slamz

>all these good drummers in shit bands
I don't understand how....

I laughed SO hard! Amazing!

>platypus in hand

Also, very high meme potential in that photo.

>all these good musicians in shit bands
I will never understand tech death

What shows are you fags seeing this month list and rate each other's lists.
>Power Trip
>Carcass
>Deafheaven
>Beyond Creation
>Rivers of Nihil
>Zenith Passage
>Ne Obliviscaris
>Black Crown Initiate
>Exmortus
>Inquisition

the only one on my radar is Withered with Inter Arma and then Marissa Nadler is playing inside

This is /metal/ general not /fecal/ general.

carcass are shit, deafheaven are p good, NEO are shit, inquisition were good at hellfest, dont know the rest

Seeing Sleep and Conan tonigt if im well enough
necrohammer deathfest on 16th
skeletal remains on 17th
Metal Days festival 24th-30th

>Carcass is shit
>Ne is shit
You're only correct about one of those statements.

Exmortus has one of the best albums this year

only slam i like

80's Carcass are great nigger
>deafheaven are p good
Who am I kidding this is probably bait

good albums =/= good live. I dunno what that guy you responded to is basing his judgements on so i though.

>deafheaven are p good
>Who am I kidding this is probably bait
their new album is shit but their tour for Sunbather was very amazing

seen carcass twice and didn't enjoy them, not liked any of their albums. third time they played they were headlining after napalm death, voivod and obituary had already played. the place was packed and couldn't see shit so me and my mate just left early for a civilized pint instead.

Neo is pretentious wank, but was mostly gutted that my they were my friend's band of the weekend and wold probably have thrown a hissy fit had I gone to see enslaved mainstage instead

I saw them in March and thought they were excellent.

but it was a free show...

why are slayer so boring live?

reek of putrefaction is the only listenable album, but even then it's still shit compared to any other classic grind band.

Kreator are playing metal days though so that's better than everything everyone else is seeing this month
wormed and party cannon are good though
yeah, the first two albums were good, and i thought they were interesting live, wouldn't feel the need to see them again though.

Are you going to the Carcass/Deafheaven after show or the open air ?

because they won't change their fucking setlist up and remain glued to the stage all the time, and don't move. What banter there is is the same all the time, and they don't bother with any pyros, screens or anything.

I love slayer but that fifth time seeing them at hellfest this year when they onlu played an hour at like 6PM was the worst by far. Should have gone to see taake, but their own show would be like £15 not £50

Crowd was speechless for Deafheaven when I went to see them with Lamb of God.
Maybe they weren't ready.

>and remain glued to the stage all the time, and don't move.
a very long time ago they were infamous for having X's on the stage for where to stand.

>go to see slayer
>trivium playing before
>unironically enjoyed trivium more
>don't even like their music
thanks slayer

Megadeth blew them out of the water at Hellfest. And I'm slightly more of a Slayer fan

Is this Sup Forumss passive aggressive attempt at humour?

no surprise at all. tried listening to trivium after the show and recalled why i didnt listen to them before the show. so disappointing really thought slayer would be a great live band, also araya didnt even do the angel of death beginning scream the fuckhead

ranting about a show i saw years ago lel

Pretty fun album, this year has been great for metal and in general for me

I want to like Inquisition, but I cant because of the vocals

what's the official ranking of napalm death albums?

scum > apex > feto > code

but they have 15, i've only got eight so far on cd

Does /metal/ like Mayhem? Never see them mentioned here

the rest are to varying degrees up for debate but those first four are indisputable

MAOTY 2014

yeah. I'm going to Norway to see them in November. Ordo Ad Chao is my favourite.

how is esoteric warfare? for whatever reason never got down to listening to it knowing rune was gone and the band had been in a wtf is even going on state for so long
also loved ordo ad chao, second to dmds for mayhem top

The usurpers/copyright holders of the Mayhem brand are back again to further tarnish the legacy of the pre-focus groups and facebook era by shitting forth this latest abomination, entitled "Esoteric Warfare". After hearing the early 90's Tampa death metal riffing followed by the Sonic the Hedgehog level theme middle section from lead single Psywar, I was assured that there was going to be nothing esoteric or threatening about this release. Underneath the waves of clicking noises (drums) and tinny ceiling fan noise (guitars) over what I assume is Attila trying to pass a kidney stone in the background (vocals that are more obnoxious than previous performances), one can hear how inconsequential this release is in it's dearth of artistry or depth. This isn't Mayhem. This is "The True Mayhem™", a band more focused on posting backstage drinking antics to the mobile uploads folder of their facebook profile than they are on music.

While previous "The True Mayhem™" releases Wolf's Lair Abyss and Grand Declaration of War were vapid media products released under the Mayhem brand, they at least showed that the band had the aptitude to fit in with the then current crop of Moonfog commercial black metal vapidity peddlers like Satyricon or Dodheimsgard. Here, I don't know why the band even bothered with recording this album or what they are attempting to accomplish with it (other than make money). Pseudo-black metal of the needlessly discordant variety similar to the Thorns full-length, and by that I mean that it's mostly foot tapping (when not blasting) mechanical rhythm riffs (similar to death metal) given a black metal garnish in the form of those minor chords and "ringing arpeggios" people typically associate with the genre. Songs are arranged in no logical sequence, going from random riff to random riff in a random order with incongruous tempo breaks all throughout. No effort was put into making these songs work.

>how is esoteric warfare?
Metal Album of the Year 2014

>Metal Album is the MA
i feel as new as i am here
but neat, going to listen to it later today

This album is one-dimensional in the sense that if you've heard the singles Psywar and MILAB, you basically heard the rest of the album. Constant unnecessary detours, fast/slow change ups (plodding boredom to blasting pseudo-black) and random song conclusions show that Mayhem had no idea where to take any one idea. So, they took basic rudimentary "extreme" metal riff forms and gave them a surface level makeover to sound "weird" (that minor chord/arpeggio trick they use at the end of 95% of the riffs), hoping people would think it was "different and unique". Lyrics that show a fraction of the imagination of even the late 90's Maniac fronted releases show further vacuity. Songs are more rooted in social/psychological musings in Marvel Comics meme form than anything esoteric and the easy to grasp imagery ensures that no one is left scratching their head (lowest common denominator is where the big bucks are it seems).

Listen to an early 90's Norwegian black metal release and support good music instead. Purchasing this rubbish will only show that this "The True Mayhem™" entity can further dumb down their music until even the new guy can afford spandex, fishnet mesh shirts, and trips to a beard stylist (look at the promo pics). Avoid this vapid trash at all cost.

quality quads

liner note artwork was the best of the year as well

youtube.com/watch?v=j80dHJXWEWU

This song alone makes Anareta for me.

What is /METAL/'s opinion on Rusty Cooley ? For those who don't know him, he was Outworld's guitarist and now plays in a band called Day Of Reckoning which released a pretty good EP a few months ago. He also released a solo record a decade ago which oscillates between good and wankfest, and sometimes both, but he's got some seriously great chops.

Day Of Reckoning:
youtube.com/watch?v=xgUKsjll_6Y

Outworld:
youtube.com/watch?v=e0IkQJqL3kk

Solo album:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dFHBNA6LM

Pure melancholy

This was all okay until they called Dodheimsgard vapid

you know what...fuck matt pike. We met him after a concert one time and he was with some stupid hipster groupie bitches and he was so douchy towards us. He's a little bitch in real life and tries so hard to do retarded guitar solos

what does /metal/ think about kvelertak?

rec me some happy black metal/blackgaze

first two albums are great, nattesferd is unremarkable except for the track 'Berserkr'

don't get why hipsters shat themselves over it

lol

First two albums were great, last one was meh

blyat

OH SHIT

djen.co/share/WMLjG3

This site is genius

Dunno if this is the right thread, I'm a bit out of the loop. Currently listening to: youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0

Looking for recommendations of something similar. Anyone got something for me?

Listened to Necrophagist for the first time, pretty good band IMO...I'm a sucker for good tech stuff to be honest

Fear Factory

More like Eyehategod?

hahahahahahah

Holy shit

Eyehategod?
More like Ihategoodmusic!

>devin townshit
>Between the spork and the core
>leproge
kek

You're not funny faggot

the shitpost wasn't mine
and yes i am

he's funny

black meetal sucks

I wasn't trying to be funny. I was laughing at something funny; that lineup

reminder varg killed someone

I agree

Which metal band bulldozes the most

bantera

>I share general with these underaged fucks

how do i write good metal /metal/?

B O O T Y B L A S T E D

O

O

T

Y

B

L

A

S

T

E

D

use instruments to create heavy sounds

>iktf
I have to share a general with people who like Leproge, BTBAM and Devy Townshit

Be'Lakor and a bunch of Aussie locals over the weekends.

IKR I only listen to real bulldozing slams and tech death

New Be'lakor album is really great

Find a flaw

Sweden

Recommend me some good metal bands Im into Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, Disturbed, Thousand Foot Krutch, Three days Grace, Escape the fate

Cute boyband behind him

i have been monitoring matt pike's progress and can proudly announce he has lost weight recently although he still looks like a mexican gang member

you should listen to Abominable Putridity, Katalepsy, 7 H. Target, Suffocation, Wormed, Defeated Sanity, Devourement, Dripping, Disgorge, Jenovaviru, the list goes on...

Guys can you recommend me some technical extreme prog?

I really love tech death but I've had trouble finding many good tech death bands. Any recommendations?

do you like technical extreme prog?

legit pantera's best album

Yeah