Lana Del Rey

So I really liked "Born To Die", and I tried to get into Ultraviolence, but that album just doesn't do it for me.

Has she ever topped Born To Die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnxpHIl5Ynw
youtube.com/watch?v=giBGCCdawX4
youtube.com/watch?v=eSXybPQACN8
youtube.com/watch?v=7FG3uWvFjJs
youtube.com/watch?v=NIs1FXIuF_s
youtube.com/watch?v=xlf9e9PnJZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She can top my dick if you know what I mean

>tfw listening to Lana and pretending you're the guy she's singing about

She cant even sing her own music
Live. Why bother with this hack

What the hell does that matter? I'm not listening to live versions anyway.

What the hell? Ultraviolence is literally her magnum opus, the production by Auerbach is superb, every single to come out of that album was flawless- Brooklyn Baby, West Coasts (the synths at the end!), Shades Of Cool (the muffled bridge towards the end is amazing), etc etc
its incredible, from the beginning to end, and the bonus tracks are fucking great too- I jam out to Florida Kilos all the time.
On record it's incredible too, i got the deluxe box set with the picture-printed vinyls with hydrangeas on them

from the lyrics to the production to the videos and imagery, it's easily the peak of her career.

i fucking love her

It was too dreamy for me, I liked the sound of Born To Die so much better. BTD was also dreamy, but a little more upbeat.

Admittedly I've only listened to Ultraviolence twice, what would you say are the best songs on it?

"Terrence Loves You" contains an interpolation of the song "Space Oddity" by English singer-songwriter David Bowie from his eponymous second studio album.[25] The song opens with isolated guitar notes plucked and dropped, before moving into the distance as piano chords appear, followed by violins, and Del Rey's vocals. The chorus is delivered in an operatic style and lyrically talks about strength in the face of abandonment. Through out the song there are brief saxophone sections inserted and David Bowie references with lyrics such as "Ground control to Major Tom/Can you hear me all night long?".[9]

what did she mean by this

Yeah BTD was far more upbeat, it's a good record, i like it but i think it was trying too hard to create an 'image' or 'persona' for LDR's breakthrough major label debut, an image which she kind of ditched for Ultraviolence in an attempt to be favoured by critics that gave scathing reviews on BTD.
Honestly my favourites on UV, theres plenty, but ill list them and the reasons why
Brooklyn Baby- totally dreamy and beautiful, i love the chorus and the vibes i get from the song
West Coast- this probably wouldn't be a fave if it weren't for the synths at the end, which give the song so much more depth for me and make it just an irresistible track
Ultraviolence- the word itself just sounds so intriguing to me and the way she sings it, and the last minute and a half is really, really beautiful "heaven is on earth, i would do anything for you babe"
Shades Of Cool- i think without the music video this song wouldn't be as appealing to me, the video really pairs perfectly with it. The muffled verse like i pointed out before, where she says "you're hot, hot, weather in the summer, hot, hot, neglectful lover" is great. i think its in the way she sings, lots of it just sounds so seductive and beautiful. its one of the strongest songs on the record.
Pretty When You Cry - if only for how raw and emotional the song is, i do love it deeply.
Black Beauty- emotional and gorgeous, great lyrics
Flipside- honestly a track that i can go to and relate with so well, its discussing a breakup i guess, and i just vibe with it really well
Florida Kilos- the ultimate fucking summer jam

Lol look, in general the album is just really, sexy? Its the type of music that makes me wanna fuck

Cool, I'll listen to it again.

strong contender for AOTY

Try Paradise

Is Honeymoon any good or is it garbage?

musically garbage but apparently still culturally relevant because of the supposed Bowie and Frey are gonna die codes

seriously

I'm the guy who was freaking over how good Ultraviolence is and over how much i love Lana, and honestly yeah Honeymoon is a terrible album.

So as far as Lana goes, it's Ultraviolence and Born To Die. Any other albums she made that are worth listening to, or is the rest pure fucking garbage?

Also is it strange to like Lana as a guy? I have a feeling she makes songs specifically for girls.

UV >>>>>>>>> BtD > Paradise >>>>> Honeymoon

and apparently she has some early demo thing or something I havent heard yet

>Also is it strange to like Lana as a guy?
yes

>unironically listening to Lana Del Rey
back to tumblr!

>Brooklyn Baby, West Coasts (the synths at the end!), Shades Of Cool (the muffled bridge towards the end is amazing),

Those are the only good songs off it though.

No it's not Garbage don't listen to this user

It's a lot more ballady but I still enjoy it very much

Here are my favorite songs off the album:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnxpHIl5Ynw

youtube.com/watch?v=giBGCCdawX4

It's still pop but it's much slower and dreamier

>No it's not Garbage don't listen to this user
I will admit I never gave it a real chance. I think I only heard it twice one of which was the day it came out.

>Also is it strange to like Lana as a guy? I have a feeling she makes songs specifically for girls.

No are you weird for liking Nico as a guy?

He early demos are pretty good, she has so many demos and rarities floating around. What you're referring to is the Lizzy Grant album what was meant to be her debut before her name change and larger image switch. The production on is is a lot more simple but still the same

youtube.com/watch?v=eSXybPQACN8

Some of it like Yayo she later re recorded but she has tones of rarites.

youtube.com/watch?v=7FG3uWvFjJs

youtube.com/watch?v=NIs1FXIuF_s

youtube.com/watch?v=xlf9e9PnJZM

Lana Del Rey has a FULL studio album that was made before she made her major label debut with BTD, the album is called "Lizzy Grant A.K.A Lana Del Ray" (note the alternate spelling of her name, the Ray instead of Rey)
It's got some great tracks on it, its an amazing album and waaaaay better than Honeymoon in my opinion. Kill Kill is a gorgeous opener for the album and it has other great tracks like For K pt 2, and Jump. It's a fantastic album. very summery-beachy vibes.

She also records dozens of songs for every album that never make the cut, if you're willing to do some digging theres a lana del rey master post out there with approx 300 unreleased songs of hers, a mix of demos and final tracks that just didn't make the cut. She has a HUGE body of work to trawl through, some of the tracks are garbage but some of them are gems.

be my bf

>No are you weird for liking Nico as a guy?

who is he?

Born to Die > Ultraviolence >>> Paradise EP > Lana Del Ray >>> Honeymoon.
She also has an acoustic album from way back under the name May Jailer iirc, but I haven't listened to it in full.

u sure u wanna date this

Just listen to Cowboy Junkies "trinity sessions"

q t 3 . 1 4

What's that got to do with anything?