Why is Bob Mould never talked about on Sup Forums? What are your favourite Husker Dü/Sugar tracks...

Why is Bob Mould never talked about on Sup Forums? What are your favourite Husker Dü/Sugar tracks? Do you like his solo output? Let's talk about Bob Mould.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ROID0bWI_8
youtube.com/watch?v=zlegQdel2Mg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I literally just talked about him here a few hours ago

and there was also even a husker du thread a few hours ago about punks doing heroin or something

memepunk/10

more like bob mold

more like Husker Don't

Sugar? More like Cheese

fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Another excellent Minnesota artist. Right up there with the Replacements.
We are the land if 10,000+ lakes and just as many good musicians.

Perhaps Sugar's finest moment:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ROID0bWI_8

Copper Blue is a great album

Hüsker Dü gets talked about a fair amount here, and I do see occasional posts about Sugar, Bob Mould, and Grant Hart/Nova Mob.

My favorite albums of his are New Day Rising (Hüsker Dü), Copper Blue (Sugar), and Flip Your Wig (Hüsker Dü)

Some favorite songs:
Tilted (Sugar, Beaster)
Books About UFOs (Hüsker Dü, New Day Rising)
Hoover Dam (Sugar, Copper Blue)
Divide and Conquer (Hüsker Dü, Flip Your Wig)
Helpless (Sugar, Copper Blue)
A Good Idea (Copper Blue)
Man On the Moon (Copper Blue)
Chartered Trips (Hüsker Dü, Zen Arcade)
Changes (Copper Blue)
Something I Learned Today (Zen Arcade)
Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill (New Day Rising)
Fortune Teller (Copper Blue)

Changes > Helpless > Hoover Dam is an incredible 3 track run

saw him live in solo electric a month ago. Such a waste it would have been a great concert with drums and bass lmao

Let's throw in The Act We Act and Good Idea in front of them senpai

more like Bald Mould

(Warehouse is awesome pop-punk btw)

I've been meaning to check out his latest album but I'm just so lazy I haven't gotten around to it yet. I hear it's kinda rad though.

youtube.com/watch?v=zlegQdel2Mg

Flawless power-pop. Tbh Dave Grohl should pay Mould royalties every time Foo Fighters stuff gets played, he's basically made a career of ripping Bob off

It's kind of mind boggling how great the music from Minnesota/Twin Cities is. Any idea why that is?

I think when I move out of the city, Minnesota is my first choice of places to move

I'm pretty sure the weather has a lot to do with it. You need more indoor activities during the winter and for a good number of us that's practicing our instruments or writing music. I know I practice a hell of a lot more during the winter.
Also the twin cities aren't that big so we can harbor a blend of hyper urban living and more suburban ish stuff.
We were almost the setting for portlandia.
Plus being an island of liberalism in a sea of conservative states tends to cause a lot of artsy people to move in and hang around.
I couldn't really picture living anywhere else honestly.

is insightful

I've read the biographies on The Replacements and Bob Mould, and at least for those bands it actually had a lot to do with how isolated they were from the other punk scenes, and how they were considered uncool outsiders. At that time the hardcore scenes across the country were becoming really purist, and anyone who deviated at all from the straightforward, brutal hardcore formula was rejected, as was anyone outside of a major city like Los Angeles, New York, Boston, DC, etc.
The Minneapolis bands didn't fit in from the get go. They weren't athletic and didn't wear athletic clothing. Their hair was too long. They wore unfashionable flannel. Hüsker Dü liked the Ramones, but they also liked The Beatles, and The Replacements liked the New York Dolls, but they also liked The Rolling Stones, Big Star, and country music. They didn't have the money for fashionable drugs like cocaine (uncool for punk's coastal junky culture), but both bands also really liked alcohol (uncool to the proto-straight edge Boston and DC scenes). Bob Mould and Grant Hart loved pop songs, and Paul Westerberg was at heart a singer/songwriter. Since they were so blatantly uncool and unacceptable to the punk establishment, they basically had the freedom to do whatever the hell they wanted, so they just made the best songs they could possibly come up with, just to entertain themselves. That's really why their music has so much more substance than their hardcore contemporaries. It was "uncool" bands breaking punk convention that led to alternative rock, and it wasn't just Hüsker Dü and The Replacements - elsewhere Minutemen were bringing in a heavy hippie/CCR influence, and in Athens, GA R.E.M. were doing the very uncool thing of fusing post-punk with Appalachian folk. By making music that was actually good with their punk roots, they inspired everything from the Seattle grunge scene to the Chicago post-hardcore scene to DC's "revolution summer"

Husker Du was the only good thing he ever did.

Sugar blows and his solo albums suck too.

Zen Arcade and New Day Rising are fire tho

I want him to be my sexy daddy bear!