Avalanches

So what do you guys think about new Avalanches album, do you plan to buy it?
newsflash: its on KA

AHHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA
AHHHHHHHHH FRANK SINATRA

I think that album should start on Subways, "because I'm me" is mediocre and "frankie sinatra" is I dont know what...

Everything with a rapper on it should have been scrapped, I don't even know why anybody thought putting Danny brown on an avalanches record would have been a good idea

subways is the only good song

I also like the end song, saturday night inside out. Rap tracks are garbage, they should pick maybe one, but 5-6 rap tracks is tway to much.

I am enjoying it quite a bit. Then again so far my favorite song is The Noisy Eater, so it's quite possible that I was recently lobotomized. The rapping is ill fitting at times and some songs seem like they came off of a never released extra tape for Since I left you. The latter of which is perfectly fine and makes for some great music like in the Subway track.

Really enjoying it. Strong 9. I think all the rap parts fit except for Danny on Wozard of Iz. Its fine with the rap, but it really didn't need to be there. I like Since I Left You, but I don't revere it. Wildflower highly exceeded my expectations

Besides Frankie and noisy everything is fucking amazing. Either this or radiohead finna be aoty

>I listen to hip hop bands but I hate rappers

ok

Skip the Danny Brown tracks and it becomes a much better album

Not sure why, but I really wanted them to do more plunderphonics. I've only heard frankie sinatra, but the things people have said about the rest of the album makes it sound like p4k kowtowing.

Hip Hop =! Rap

>If I Was A Folkstar
>Harmony
>Park Music
>Sunshine-Kaleidoscope Lovers

I wouldn't let that discourage you too much the album is still plenty good either way. And at 57:59 you don't have to invest much to give it a shot. Also, I just want more plunderphonics in general.

that picture m,akes me want to poo tang

I feel like its more of an echo from since I left you. I think that "Since I.. " is one of the best albums when it comes to sampling, but wildflower seems to have only portion of it, more like have said. Its no big deal if they had something serious in replecement. In the meantime I hear couple rap tracks [I dont like rap, I listen to people under the stairs, or aim rap tracks], but to me they feel mostly weak.

Frankie Sinatra is really not representative of the album. The album as a whole is definitely still in the plunderphonics style. Sure it has guest features, but they are integrated into the samples very well. Check out The Noisy Eater or Live A Lifetime Love. They both mix together hip-hop, 60s beatles/beach boys, classical, and dance music with (imo) great success. If those sound too busy to you, the more mellow and clear tracks are beautiful. It's definitely worth at least one listen

fuck I meant that I like rap, but just couple crews.

Saturday night inside out is insanely good. That song will be a classic in the future in the same realm as Baz luhrmann sunscreen and UNKLE the answer.

Yeah, I really enjoy the ending two tracks Stepkids- Saturday night. The only complaint I have with Saturday night is the way the audio dips in and out during the main vocals as I find it to be a bit jarring.

A good effort, but not as good as The Fishmans' Long Season!

Because I'm me is one of my favorites and I don't understand why fans seem to shit on it, it could bebon sily and be a top 10 song.

Kinda like it. Feels like you are scanning a handheld radio.

Every song except Frankie Sinatra and Noisy Eater is god tier. Album flows really well together

It's in the top 3 for sure.

hey apple!!!
XD

Possibly because it's the first song with rapping in the entire album. Might have marked the point of disappointment for many.

It's like those so called Avalanches fans don't know about the ep el producto. I for one was hoping we would see a little bit of that style back in wildflower.

>implying anybody wants to listen to Danny talk about his dick over summery string samples

The noisy eater is the worst god damn track I've ever heard in my life, it's like a muppets song

El Producto is great, Wildflower is shit

Why does Sup Forums hate Frankie Sinatra?

>FRANKIE ME BOY DONT KNOW

I don't like danny brown

I want to stick my pennis inside that orange.

>orange

I don't understand.

They meant

>Pennis

clearly not

And also dicke and balls.

Nah pennis is actually the entirety of the male genitalia to also include the Berries and twig.

noisy eaters is goofy as fuck but it's fucking biz markie, the song is fun and the production is excellent. i don't see why everyone is complaining about the rap tracks (especially when Wozard of Iz and Live a Lifetime Love are 2 of the best tracks on the album). it seems out of character for Sup Forums but i suppose i'm neglecting to remember that this is a band that has a lot of fan overlap w/ daft punk

oh fug:D
arigato for lesson sempai

if your idea of fun is some big nignog making eating noises in your ear then no wonder you like this steaming pile of shit album

It's because Danny brown is shit and doesn't belong anywhere near an avalanches track

you forgot your trip

noisy is great though, I'd take a million noisy eater over boring noodling like kaleidoscope lovers
really sad at the lack of appreciation of goofy late 80s/early 90s hip hop on here :(

there's an instrumental version out there now senpai

the only place I've seen not like because i'm me in more than slight amounts of people is on here. Make of that what you will.

>mfw

yeah, that's right

Freakanomics?

what about this orange?