clyp.it/nyxumtyv
youtube.com/watch?v=r3izFZf99z8
youtu.be/OqdsiXSfEyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this a good deal?

reverb.com/item/2300522-homemade-pedalboard-2015-tweed

second for
>you will never be good enough

There has never been a good deal on a pedal board. Just go to the hardware store already.

This just came in the mail, its neat. The guy was selling it because he said it was too much reverb. That was exactly what I wanted. This thing gets weird.

For a twangy/fuzzy sound should I buy a Gretsch Pro Jet or a 50's Squier Tele?

If you do exactly what he did and build one yourself, you'll realize this is a bad deal.

does anyone have one of these? i want one so tell me if its good.

> twangy fuzz

Wat

It looks horrible. The tweed looks terrible, not fitting well at all. You can make one cheaper yourself, or perhaps just get a pedalboard from palmer or something.

not both at the same time, / is or

Jesus you buy a new, comparable pedaltrain for that.

>more than 6 strings

best strategy in my opinion is to worry about clean and overdriven sounds when choosing a guitar. People seem to only be happy with how their guitar happens to respond to fuzz. That said, if you want the best guitar for fuzz you generally want humbuckers and a bass contour. A neck humbucker is not really necessary but noiseless is a good thing in either position.

A bass contour is extremely important in differentiating a fuzzy sound from other distortion. More bass will be fuzzier, so a bassier pickup(humbucker, or two single coils in series) with a bass contour should give you the full range of possibilities.

Anyone have experience with the brand Jay Turser? Particularly their Les Paul? I'm a poorfag and someone is selling it for a really good price.

I don't really care about the OD and clean sounds because I already have some friends with guitars that have plain humbuckers and single coils and I want to add something different in the mix.

It's such trash. Don't bother with it.

might as well post the ad or a picture from the ad while you're at it.

I've heard good things about a few of the more expensive jay tursers. I don't know what model that is so I really don't know, but jay turser DOES have some shit show guitars available for torturing poorfags, so be careful.

Believe it or not, filtertrons don't sound that unique. What guitars do your friends have? Do they usually go for "big" bassy sounds, or more midrangy, punk tones?

Jackson, Squier (a shitty one) and Epi's.

>knowing anything about music

>a shitty one

I'm sorry, does Squier make a guitar that's not shit?

What program do you guys prefer for emulating pedals and amps on the computer?

And I forgot, one of them likes to zone out with mid-range rhythm, another is a typical teacher-taught player and the other is a lazy bum but I can make him play however I want.
I've heard nice things about the Classic Vibe stuff.

Nice trips.

But I mean for the classic vibe stuff you're better off just buying a Mexi Strat or Tele for not much more.

I play lefty and I'm in Europe so the cheapest Fender costs $200 more. A G&L Tele is $100 bucks more though.

Stay mad, nerd.

Post Clyps! i'd start but i've over demonstrated mine in these threads and they're probably insufferably indie for you folks anyway

True. I lived in England for a short period of time and I couldn't believe how much more they want for guitars over there.

That's too vague. I want to know what pickup configs and scale lengths they got. I can assume the jackson is 25.5" and the epi is 24.75", but what kind of squier is it? I'm plotting your best choice as we speak.

>scale length
I know you're bullshiting but whatever, Bullet Squier (shit as I said) and the others are HH.

It's solo guitar, hard to be too annoyingly anything with just that much. It's not like you'd post a clyp of straight cowboy chords or anything.

What's the best acoustic guitar shape and why is it 000 /gg/?

this is the stuff i do tho, not really solo-ey clyp.it/lacgnwzz

I just bought my first acoustic. I feel bad, like if it was too soon to buy my second guitar. I just started playing one year ago.

just start hoarding gear.

you forgot the pasta you fucking faggot

Dreadnought master race

It's a slippery slope user get used to it and don't look back

>tfw at one point in time I owned 16 guitars.

I'm not bullshitting. A good way to get some sonic territory to yourself is to have a different scale length. Basically two guitars that have different scale lengths, even if you compensate for tuning by tuning up the shorter scale, will have a slight difference that helps the guitars be differentiable in a mix. When you compensate for tuning you remove most of the larger tonal differences, but you still have a change in harmonic antinodes. This is most noticeable when both guitars play the same note.

To be clear, it won't make a big difference otherwise.

Some good choices would be a guitar with p90s or a 24" guitar. A tele can be a good choice, too. It can sound pretty different from a strat, more so of you've got something besides the normal single coil in the neck.

I'd advise against a mustang if you want to leave the pickups stock. It will have some difference from a strat for sure, but not as much as you'd probably like or expect. If you get a short scale put heavy string on it.

How are you enjoying your zero dynamic range?

don't worry i own 3 guitars and a bass guitar and have gone through (bought, used and sold) 2 other guitars, 3 guitar amps 2 cabinets and 2 bass amps in the year i've been playing
j-just gotta find the sound i want

wait i mean this clyp.it/nyxumtyv

You just don't have enough switches

Can you guys tell me about Mexican Fenders and where to find one?

I'll go with the Gretsch and buy a P90 because there aren't any P90 lefties and its scale is 24.5". Thanks for your help.

well they both sound like pure shit.

yea that's what i was saying in the op, you guys wouldn't like it but i wanna hear what people are doing

They're better than squier and they also make some high end guitar (reissue guitar like the 72 thinline tele) The high end ones are worth getting new and the lower end ones are worth getting but only on sale or used. If you're on a budget and just have to buy new go for the Squier Classic vibe series

I feel like you have made some bad decisions and bought shitty gear. Care to tell what you have bought?

Reposting from last thread

Guy near me is selling a black custom X series Martin for $550. Should I jump on it? He said it was just about $900 new and he just does't play it anymore. I was thinking I would offer $500 for it. I played it earlier and it sounds really nice for the price.

Are you a gypsy?
Do you play jazz?

reignoring from last thread

I really liked both those tracks, keep it up man!

quit being nice, That sounded like shit and you know it. If you want him to get better just tell him the truth.

they actually sell a gypsy guitar I'm a bit tempted by

You have to think positive user!

thanks man, that means a lot : )

do they really? post it.

FUCK YOU MODS.

that's not how it works user

Negative motivation has been proven over and over to be less effective than positive motivation.

Been given an ibanez gio and a tiny amp from my dad as a gift because he noticed a lot of the music I listen to involves guitar. I later bought a peavey vypyr on sale which had a lot of effects to dick around with. Bass seemed fun so I went out and bought a gio bass (which is pretty good) and some small bass cube that I could afford at the time. Then traded my gio and tiny amp for an LP copy, and later bought an ibanez roadcore cause I scored a good deal. Got a vox hybrid head later with a cabinet built by the guy who sold it to me, built a different cabinet to accomodate new speakers for it. This week got a 100w bass combo and it just sounds so fucking nice.
I'm pretty comfortable with my bass rig right now but I'm looking to sell the roadcore, and get a guitar with single coils since I already have the LP copy which sounds nicer than the roadcore.
So yeah, lots of impulse buys, lots of "because its a good deal / can't afford something else" buys as well. Looking for a strat but none are popping up second that aren't asking ridiculous prices, and fuck getting ripped off by overpriced music stores.
fucking /blog

le devil
le angle

this is shown in most recently conducted psych-research. I think negative reinforcement is more when somebody is being psychologically self destructive

more applicable*

I think they're sold out but here it is. They used to have one in the SX line, too.

I'm ignorant in this area but is that not the sole purpose of a 7 string (fuck 8 actually) acoustic?

Yeah, I guess. But "gypsy guitar" doesn't refer to that.

if you're a nu-metal player - chug chug
if you're folkishly inclined you get that harp(ish) range

I really recommend saving up for proper instruments and gear, it's much better. Impulse buys and those "because its a good deal / can't afford something else" -buys often turn out to be dissapointments.

A piece of advice that my father gave me early on: "guitars are bought, not sold."
Make sure the gear you buy is good enough that you'll never have to sell it.

just checked, they're in stock

I have been enlightened
Cheers fampai

Also got a cheap old acoustic. Does not sound great, but I don't worry about breaking it.

Don't tell me what to do you're not my real dad.

Yeah that's one way of seeing it. If someone is selling something it might be just cause the thing they're selling is shit. But as an unemployed student I can't really afford nice things.

your dad sounds like a dumbass

>A piece of advice that my father gave me early on: "guitars are bought, not sold."

really makes you think

Fuck off I thought it actually sounded nice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.

your dad sounds like the type of dad i fuck in the ass for money and i'm not even gay

>if you're folkishly inclined you get that harp(ish) range
Hell, you can get an 8 string if you think you don't have enough notes
youtube.com/watch?v=r3izFZf99z8

ah sweet, this sounds like Discipline era King Crimson

when you buy used gear and sell at the same price, you just rented it for free. Likewise, a small loss is a small rental fee.

my fucking sides

>/gg/ in a nutshell

i feel like its just not /gg/ in a nutshell at all and that's a downer in itself

Favourite tone of all time?

I want to get a new amp with a nice clean/crunchy tone don't really know which direction to head in. I'm interested in what you guys think is the goat tone.

I'm not telling you what to do.
And yes, I am your real dad. Go to bed Jimmy.

Yeah I understand that, but often I see people buying lots of cheap gear in a short time span, when they could've waited, saved up their money and bought something better. One example is buying several cheap guitars, and having issues with them, not being satisfied with them, when you could've bought a single good guitar

My dad is a smart man, he owns great guitars.

Yeah that's one way to look at it.

Don't listen to him, I actually really liked the first one.

haha, is a bit of a rip off of Pleasure Principle by Sufjan in retrospect

There were also some older jazz guitarists like George Van Eps who played 7 string archtops.

youtu.be/OqdsiXSfEyQ

true, that makes a lot of sense, definitely grants stronger voice leading

>my dad is a smart man, he owns great guitars
Truly the measure of a man's intelligence. You must also be very smart.

>intelligence
Shit, meant to say wallet.

that G&L is so worth the extra $100 you wouldn't believe. The Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified are NOT as good as they look from shill posts on forums.

you just have to play a bunch and see. there are too many opinions on this. I personally like big Fender tube amps. I can get any sound I want out of them. Not to say I play every genre.

vht special series are SO good for their price

looking to jam a lipstick pickup in my strat

do you guys have recommendations for a cheap neck lipstick pickup?

My guitar teacher says Mexican Strats are shit :(

that looks terrible lol.

I'd give you one I made for free if you lived around here.

tell him to suck your penor

>Acoustic appreciation thread
>posts a Martin

How am I supposed to appreciate pure shit?

He's wrong because all strats are shit.